The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Surprised at Palace sacking Vieira. I thought they might be in relegation trouble this season but they haven't been, really. Ok they've not won for a while and are in touching distance but they're still 12th as it stands. Seems very kneejerk. That's football now though.

Actually having looked it up they haven't won a league game in 2023. I didn't realise it was that bad. :LOL:
They won’t either unless they get a goalscorer.
is that Vera’s fault?
seems very knee jerk.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Support is split 50/50 on this. I'd certainly like to see him given another 3 games, but the football has been pretty bad for a while and there is an obvious confidence drain going on.
I hope to God Roy does not come back. If he does, surely just till end of season, but even that is too long. We don't have the players anymore for his style.
Lampard 100% will not be a palace manager. We held discussions previously with him and the feedback was horrific.

First time this season I seriously think we might go down.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Support is split 50/50 on this. I'd certainly like to see him given another 3 games, but the football has been pretty bad for a while and there is an obvious confidence drain going on.
I hope to God Roy does not come back. If he does, surely just till end of season, but even that is too long. We don't have the players anymore for his style.
Lampard 100% will not be a palace manager. We held discussions previously with him and the feedback was horrific.

First time this season I seriously think we might go down.
I’d be very surprised to see Lampard get another Prem job next.
Surely he’s got to drop down a league or 2.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
This is like a cup match. Anderson has made such a difference in the second half, his best game by far for the Toon. Newcastle will be sick if they don't win this.

Cracking game for the neutral 😀
Boy Anderson looks a really good player, but don’t know much about him to be honest.

D

Deleted member 18121

Yes me to it was deliberately played by the defender.
has that rule changed now ?.

That's all I can think as well, I remember Lovren having a similar thing go against him some years back but he'd "played" the ball suddenly the attacker was ok even though he was 10+ yards off side.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cracking game for the neutral 😀
Boy Anderson looks a really good player, but don’t know much about him to be honest.
He has come through the ranks. Was out on loan last year. Was expected to go out again this year but Howe wanted to bring him into the squad and give him some game time. It hasn't really happened for him so far this season but tonight could kick start it for him.

The local chatter is the club has high hopes for him, heard that before though 😄

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
No more than Newcastle deserved....Not sure why Longstaffs goal was disallowed, not bothering to watch the post mortem, not interested in an explanation as I've given up trying to understand the VAR machinations.

The late goal buggered up my Premier League Prediction of 1-1 though!

Pin-seeker

Visit site
The Standard in the prem this season is poor imo.
Not taking anything away from Arsenal,they play good football.
But the opposition aren’t the best.