The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Who do you think is the most exciting prospect in the Premier League?

Stolen from twitter.
Gnoto at Leeds seems to be a popular one.
But so does Lingard 😂
Garnacho looks like he could be one to me.

Morgan Gibbs-White and Brennan Johnson should Be included included in that conversation. Both have started finding their feet with the pace of the Prem and of the players under 21 only Saka and Martinelli have scored more than Johnson.

Gibbs-White is worth every penny we end up paying Wolves for him. One of the best players I’ve seen in a Forest shirt in 30 years

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Morgan Gibbs-White and Brennan Johnson should Be included included in that conversation. Both have started finding their feet with the pace of the Prem and of the players under 21 only Saka and Martinelli have scored more than Johnson.

Gibbs-White is worth every penny we end up paying Wolves for him. One of the best players I’ve seen in a Forest shirt in 30 years

Chelsea will be after him next :ROFLMAO:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Gnoto looks like he could be bargain if the century. We only got him because another deal fell through for a £35mil player.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Gnoto looks like he could be bargain if the century. We only got him because another deal fell through for a £35mil player.

Be an even bigger bargain for a prem team when you go down this season :ROFLMAO:

What are your owners playing at? You cant be sacking a manager and not know who you want to bring in!

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
The commentators try to explain that every season. I'm not sure their heart is ever really in it when they do :D

(a quick route planner suggests that both Elland Road to Old Trafford and Selhurst Park to the Amex are both about 45 miles apart. That aint no derby folks :))

Ruud Gullit once said that Newcastle v Sunderland wasnt a derby because the teams were not in the same city.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Be an even bigger bargain for a prem team when you go down this season :ROFLMAO:

What are your owners playing at? You cant be sacking a manager and not know who you want to bring in!

I think it was knee jerk reaction to some of the players comments after the Forrest game.

I can only assume they thought they would be able to get someone in quickly.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I think it was knee jerk reaction to some of the players comments after the Forrest game.

I can only assume they thought they would be able to get someone in quickly.

They must have - but still think they should have lined their replacement up.

Obviously assumed they'd get the Baggies coach but that didn't go well - and now I've read that Iraola isn't interested either!

Tough times!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Man City away this weekend for the Villa

Obviously expecting nothing from this game other than a Haaland goal :ROFLMAO: or 3.....

But even still - never know when a Emery masterclass is coming! Up the Villa!

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The commentators try to explain that every season. I'm not sure their heart is ever really in it when they do :D

(a quick route planner suggests that both Elland Road to Old Trafford and Selhurst Park to the Amex are both about 45 miles apart. That aint no derby folks :))

Not sure, but think we are the closest club from Brighton. It might be Portsmouth, but journey time it is Palace as it's
straight up the M23.

It's a fierce rivalry, that I do know and it's been like that now for over 50 years. Some Palace regard Millwall as our main rival, some Charlton and both are obviously more local. Most Millwall fans would mainly put West Ham as their main rivals and Charlton are footballs version of Billy Smarts circus, so a lot of Palace would rather have Brighton.

I've been going to Palace for almost 40 years and been to loads of games against all 3 of the above and Brighton is the one that always delivers.

Tomorrow they are rightly the favourites, they are the form side and we are not. A win would be most welcome 🙏

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Var disabled against Chelsea , studs up challenge no touch on ball in build up to goal

Not given

Good finish though to be fair

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Not sure, but think we are the closest club from Brighton. It might be Portsmouth, but journey time it is Palace as it's
straight up the M23.

It's a fierce rivalry, that I do know and it's been like that now for over 50 years. Some Palace regard Millwall as our main rival, some Charlton and both are obviously more local. Most Millwall fans would mainly put West Ham as their main rivals and Charlton are footballs version of Billy Smarts circus, so a lot of Palace would rather have Brighton.

I've been going to Palace for almost 40 years and been to loads of games against all 3 of the above and Brighton is the one that always delivers.

Tomorrow they are rightly the favourites, they are the form side and we are not. A win would be most welcome 🙏

For the uninitiated, the Palace rivalry started when Alan Mullery left managing Palace and joined Brighton. He bad mouthed the Palace and started the rivalry - I'm sure that Swingalot knows the story. Prior to that I remember Millwall and Charlton being seen as the enemy, but not really a violent one. I do remember seeing a brick being lobbed into the away stand v QPR in the late 60's if I remember correctly

Visit site
2.30pm on a Saturday and you already have a major VAR scandal. It just doesn’t do its job.

You cannot get a clearer handball & penalty. I personally think it’s a disgrace that the ref hasn’t given it in real time, and for VAR not to give it is quite surreal.

Swango1980

Visit site
2.30pm on a Saturday and you already have a major VAR scandal. It just doesn’t do its job.

You cannot get a clearer handball & penalty. I personally think it’s a disgrace that the ref hasn’t given it in real time, and for VAR not to give it is quite surreal.
Only think I can think off is that the players hands were there as they fell to ground, to break fall. Only saw it once though, and looked dubious.

It is the hand ball rule though, so just toss a coin

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Var has cancelled out two wrongs in the same game

Defo hand ball and defo foul in build up to Chelsea's goal

Neither given by var

What's the point of it?