The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Hidden in the small print is “bottle It and do nothing”

I have a feeling it’s not going to be like this

The Prem know about the government white paper and they need to be seen to do something

City have given them the run around for 5 years just like they did with UEFA

It’s why imo they have gone independent- stops the appeals to CAS etc

City cheating their finances is the worst kept secret in the sport - it was always amazing how a club that can’t even fill their own stadium can somehow manage to bring in more commercial revenue than Real Madrid etc

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I bet the Newcastle owners are watching this with interest. If the punishment for City is relatively minor then what's to stop Newcastle from doing exactly the same thing over the next few seasons to make sure that they're in a position to stay competitive with the traditional big clubs? And when they're caught they can simply pay whatever the fine is and carry on as before.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Every bloody club is at it, look at the wages going out and transfer fees going about, there is no hold on money in football nowadays, not enough transparency, every club is literally doing something to get something back somehow.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Of all Manchester City’s misdemeanours, the one which rankles me the most is their repeated failure to cooperate with the Premier League. They’re pretty much saying that they are bigger than the league, can do what the hell they want, and can do so whilst remaining answerable to nobody.

For that alone they should have the book thrown at them and then some. The arrogance is absolutely breathtaking.

D

Deleted member 15344

Every bloody club is at it, look at the wages going out and transfer fees going about, there is no hold on money in football nowadays, not enough transparency, every club is literally doing something to get something back somehow.

Is “every club” doing it ?

Surely it depends on what it is

Not every club is falsifying sponsership to make it look like they are earning more money so that the club can spend more and keep within FFP

Yes clubs are paying their players a lot in wages and transfer fees are high but most clubs are doing that within the rules and some clubs doing it within their income that is genuine

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I bet the Newcastle owners are watching this with interest. If the punishment for City is relatively minor then what's to stop Newcastle from doing exactly the same thing over the next few seasons to make sure that they're in a position to stay competitive with the traditional big clubs? And when they're caught they can simply pay whatever the fine is and carry on as before.

Just outta interest, but the Quote “ if the punishment for City”🤔. Why are they guilty? I get the if but As a City fan Ave been through this crap before when UEFA turned up and charged City. Wonder who the first might be to say innocent until proven guilty. Not having a quote at just you but all those that are kicking their lips once more. Has anyone actually bothered to see what City's reply is.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just outta interest, but the Quote “punishment for City”🤔. Why are they guilty? As a City fan Ave been through this crap before when UEFA turned up and charged City. Wonder who the first might be to say innocent until proven guilty. Not having a quote at just you but all tho
Has anyone actually bothered to see what City's reply is.

“ call my Lawyer”;)

their going to deny it obviously!

D

Deleted member 15344

Just outta interest, but the Quote “ if the punishment for City”🤔. Why are they guilty? I get the if but As a City fan Ave been through this crap before when UEFA turned up and charged City. Wonder who the first might be to say innocent until proven guilty. Not having a quote at just you but all those that are kicking their lips once more. Has anyone actually bothered to see what City's reply is.
Is that the same UEFA that City refused to comply with for long enough so that the offences fell out side the 5 year bracket so became “time barred” and got away with other offences due to poor procedures as opposed to be cleared of all offences

Let’s not also forget the “plea bargain” they had with UEFA in 2014 and agreed a settlement for FFP breaches

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

do you think theyre innocent Tashy?

Tashyboy

Visit site
do you think theyre innocent Tashy?

Along with most of the clubs in the Prem league, Not at all by a long shot.

But this is my grief, how much money have the Glaziers taken out of Utd and football.
How much have City put into football. How much have Chelsea put in this last half a season.
So you can take it out, but not put it in.🤔

As a football club you have FFP. But how is it fair? The clubs that complain. Did they ask where Citys money came from when City bought Walker, Sterling, Ake, Stones etc etc.

Look at the charges brought by UEFA, that bastion of transparency. Kicked out of the Champs league, yet reinstated with a meagre slap on the wrist once it had gone to CAS. Because of a time scale? But with the Premier league there is no time scale to charges going back over a decade. 🤔

So the premier league which was set up to give money money to the Premier league teams is now complaining there is to much underhand Money being spent. 😳 And yet City have players like Haaland, KDB and others that bring in sponsors to the Prem league.🤔😳

For me the Prem league and football along with VAR has been a bag of crap for the last few years. FIFA, UEFA, Infantino, VAR, Incompetent officials, Cheating footballers ETC bring nothing to the game I once loved.

FFP as Jim Royle says “ my arse”.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

But this is my grief, how much money have the Glaziers taken out of Utd and football.
How much have City put into football. How much have Chelsea put in this last half a season.

As a football club you have FFP. But how is it fair? The clubs that complain. Did they ask where Citys money came from when City bought Walker, Sterling, Ake, Stones etc etc.

Look at the charges brought by UEFA, that bastion of transparency. Kicked out of the Champs league, yet reinstated with a meagre slap on the wrist once it had gone to CAS. Because of a time scale? But with the Premier league there is no time scale to charges going back over a decade. 🤔

So the premier league which was set up to give money money to the Premier league teams is now complaining there is to much underhand Money being spent. 😳 And yet City have players like Haaland, KDB and others that bring in sponsors to the Prem league.🤔😳

For me the Prem league and football along with VAR has been a bag of crap for the last few years. FIFA, UEFA, Infantino, VAR, Incompetent officials, Cheating footballers ETC bring nothing to the game I once loved.

the PL had to go for an independent inquiry as city ignored UEFA for long enough to make any charges statute barred.

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s almost as if you are saying other teams should be thankful for City breaking the rules because they put the money into the sport

Tashyboy

Visit site
the PL had to go for an independent inquiry as city ignored UEFA for long enough to make any charges statute barred.
Citys response

The club have always vehemently denied any breaches of financial rules and they have now released a statement in response to the charges.

It said: "Manchester City Football Club is surprised by the issuing of these alleged breaches of the Premier League rules, particularly given the extensive engagement and vast amount of detailed materials that the EPL has been provided with. The club welcomes the review of this matter by an independent Commission, to impartially consider the comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence that exists in support of its position.

"As such we look forward to this matter being put to rest once and for all."

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Citys response

The club have always vehemently denied any breaches of financial rules and they have now released a statement in response to the charges.

It said: "Manchester City Football Club is surprised by the issuing of these alleged breaches of the Premier League rules, particularly given the extensive engagement and vast amount of detailed materials that the EPL has been provided with. The club welcomes the review of this matter by an independent Commission, to impartially consider the comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence that exists in support of its position.

And there was me expecting them to go with the line "Its a fair cop guv you got us" lol

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Citys response

I’ve read that, I was just saying that the only reason UEFA couldn’t take any other is due to City ignoring them.

The PL have ensured they can’t do it again