The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I leave work in 50 mins, I expect to hear on Talk Sport within 2 minutes of being in the car - "Bring back Bielsa" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I wouldn’t say no to that. 😁

Carlos Corberán is the one most sensible Leeds fans want. Hopefully he’s already lined up.

Ted should have gone a while ago.

D

Deleted member 15344

And that’s sums up Citys position perfectly. City had to spend money and quickly as the top table of Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea did very well out of the prem league and never wanted anyone else sat at the top table. The only way to get there was spending vast sums of money.
Then relate that to European football. Juve, Milan’s, Barca, Madrid etc etc never wanted it.
Are City squeaky clean am positive they are 😉😂😂😂😂😂😂 but they had no choice but to go the way they have. Initially. Look at Chelsea, why have they spent half a billion this last season. To stay at the top table. Money has helped kill the game for years. It has now been taken to another level.
Will watch the case with great interest.

So to justify financial cheating you use the excuses that City wanted to be part of the top of the table and wanted to do it quickly and the only was to cheat

Everyone in the sport knows that City have been cooking the books to avoid FFP

City did have a choice , build up slowly, spend within their means. Get the right manager and players in within the budget constraints

Yes the sport is ruined by money - City have had a huge hand in that

Most of us know that the Prem will bottle it , City will use expensive lawyers to get around it but we all know that each trophy is tainted

And hopefully someone within governing bodies grows a set of balls and removes all those trophies , impose huge sanctions and even relegate them.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I wouldn’t say no to that. 😁

Carlos Corberán is the one most sensible Leeds fans want. Hopefully he’s already lined up.

Ted should have gone a while ago.

Just had a google...

WBA manager - only appointed in October - but WBA are never in a good place financially so I bet you could tempt him away!

Looks like he has Leeds experience too so certainly could be a good/ the best option out there.

Swango1980

Visit site
Does Jesse Marsch have a future at any other English clubs, or has he failed to develop enough of an "image" in the UK to have English club owners seeing him as an option?

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Carlos Coberan is probably still livid about Forest decimating Huddersfield and his career, so if the reverse fixture ever gets re-arranged, he'll be out looking for blood.

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Jesse's first teamers just could not get the soccer ball into the endzone to score a kick-point against Notting Ham yesterday. His main ball-strikers played some good offence, but the three on-frame kicks they made in the shotbox were rejected by an on-point Notting Ham Goal Saver. The Leeds United administration want to be the winningest team in the Premier Major Division and have decided Jesse Marsch is counter-productive. He's put his sneakers and sweaters into his trunk and driven away from Elland Boulevard forever.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
City cheating to win is unfair on every club in the PL. Coming second to a cheat is one thing but being relegated after losing to a cheat is potentially permanently damaging. Whatever punishment they get is more than well deserved but what compensation to clubs relegated? Personally I’d deduct 15pts from City for every season already completed whilst cheating. And if that means rewriting the history books and awarding championships and cups to those who came second, do it. Cheats should never prosper. And deduct 15pts for this season and next. Hurting their cheque book won’t make much difference but hurt their points tally and they’ll really take note.

As for those that were relegated, thats harder to recompense. Proving a club wouldn’t have gone down is almost impossible. Even if points lost to City added back to a club is difficult to square with other clubs… But how about City paying for the fans at those clubs to have free entry to their home games for a full season?