The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Ill take 15 points as per Juve for the current season ;)

Is 15 enough really? That's like 2 points per year... Should be at least 10 per season to start.

I'm trying to think of another weekend where both Pep and Klopp, the two most highly regarded managers in the PL, have looked so frazzled.

Who is James Pearce, the Liverpool journalist that Klopp refused to answer. What has he done to upset Klopp? Do Liverpool fans generally like or dislike this journalist? Hamann was very critical of Klopp's behaviour this morning, although I think Hamann winds up Klopp as well.

Why on earth is Pep not picking his best player against Spurs (KDB). Falling out? No longer trusts him after a few sub par games? What has happened with Foden, and what really went on with Cancello?

Are they both feeling the pressure more than ever before? When multiple teams seem to have come to the party (and with Chelsea desperately trying to get an overpriced ticket as well), are Pep and Klopp now losing confidence that they can compete at this time, with rebuilds maybe required (especially with Liverpool). Are they thinking that it cannot be as simple as "don't worry about this year, we'll be right back at the top next year when we up our game", given that there are multiple sides that will now realistically have something to say about that.

The City / Spurs game was interesting. No doubt Haaland is an immense goalscorer. But, he barely touched the ball yesterday. I'm not sure I remember him being involved once, but he certainly didn't have any touches in the box or any shots on goal. Conversely, Harry Kane was involved a lot. He came deep, picked up the ball, brought other players into play, and was a vital component to how Spurs played. And, he got his goal.

Excellent weekend of results for man Utd this weekend at least. Still undecided about the City result. I don't think Utd have any realistic chance to win the league, so a Spurs defeat or draw would have probably suited out top 4 ambitions better. But, if Arsenal implode, City continue to have results like this, then who knows what will happen if Utd can continue to scrape wins.

I think were getting to the point that United fans cant keep writing off United this year.

As things stand you've played the same games as City and are 3 points off them... Why cant you finish higher? City still have Arsenal to play twice too, so the gap between 1st and 2nd could be nullified...

Fair enough, better to scream and shout about it once it actually happens but you're sneaky good this season, I'm expecting third as a minimum!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Is 15 enough really? That's like 2 points per year... Should be at least 10 per season to start.

I think were getting to the point that United fans cant keep writing off United this year.

As things stand you've played the same games as City and are 3 points off them... Why cant you finish higher? City still have Arsenal to play twice too, so the gap between 1st and 2nd could be nullified...

Fair enough, better to scream and shout about it once it actually happens but you're sneaky good this season, I'm expecting third as a minimum!

I was talking for a very narrow, selfish, Arsenal fans perspective not what the "crime" deserves as punishment hence the ;)

If theyre actually serious then it should be all titles taken off them and a huge points deduction or relegation this season, but lets be honest thats not happening is it

Swango1980

Visit site

We can. But, to win the league, not only does that have to happen, but we'd have to catch and overtake Arsenal, and keep teams from behind us catching up. Our goal difference also means we need to beat them on points.

Can it happen, yes. Is it more likely that the odds given to Leicester at this stage, when they went on to win the league. Probably.

However, I think if we got closer to that point were it became more and more likely, it would also put more and more pressure on the team. I've no idea how the Utd players would handle that, just like I've no idea how Arsenal will. We know that the City players can handle that, although they need to sort out whatever their problems are first. Utd are also still involved in 4 competitions, so they may still have a lot of distractions from the league for a while

Swango1980

Visit site
I remember Swindon Town getting relegated for irregularities....

Guess what will happen to City if found guilty? Relatively speaking not very much l expect!
Can we see City, or any big club being docked big points? Possibly tarnish the reputation of the PL? Or, will it just be a slap on the wrist if any wrongdoing is proven?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can we see City, or any big club being docked big points? Possibly tarnish the reputation of the PL? Or, will it just be a slap on the wrist if any wrongdoing is proven?
Probably and that’s what’s wrong with football atm.
severe punishment would enhance the PL reputation imo.
do what you like there are no consequences.
its about time that stopped,

These big clubs just laugh at the paltry fines.

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Maybe a transfer ban?

Points docked would make the biggest statement but would they do that?
Well if they don’t do it for such blatant cheating they will never be able to do it to anyone else in future.
but breaking the rules in professional football isn’t frowned upon “ there being clever “ apparently.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Probably and that’s what’s wrong with football atm.
do what you like there are no consequences.
its about time that stopped,

These big clubs just laugh at the paltry fines.

Totally agree, there's only one way to hurt a rule breaking team and its not money

Bans from Europe/ cup comps, point deductions and relegation should be the on the cards.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It’s the equivalent to golf penalizing relative unknown players for slow play and not penalizing a bigger name.

Any other team outside Premier League would be dealt with harshly, City will likely get a big fine and it will have difference to them.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
We can. But, to win the league, not only does that have to happen, but we'd have to catch and overtake Arsenal, and keep teams from behind us catching up. Our goal difference also means we need to beat them on points.

Can it happen, yes. Is it more likely that the odds given to Leicester at this stage, when they went on to win the league. Probably.

However, I think if we got closer to that point were it became more and more likely, it would also put more and more pressure on the team. I've no idea how the Utd players would handle that, just like I've no idea how Arsenal will. We know that the City players can handle that, although they need to sort out whatever their problems are first. Utd are also still involved in 4 competitions, so they may still have a lot of distractions from the league for a while

I think Arsenal showed this weekend that they are there to be caught. They've lost to the two teams that I believe are better than them this season, I really think one will catch them! Would be so entertaining for it to go down to the final day again!

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s the equivalent to golf penalizing relative unknown players for slow play and not penalizing a bigger name.

Any other team outside Premier League would be dealt with harshly, City will likely get a big fine and it will have difference to them.

UEFA set a precedent as well when they allowed City to delay proceedings and then in the end they couldn’t do anything due to “time constraints” etc

Everyone knows that City have been falsifying their income to allow the club to spend more - it’s not a secret , even the City fans know it

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

So are City the Patrick Reed of football.
when they started winning things I was happy for my mate as he had seen some very dark times.
But they are just cheating ,simple as.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think Arsenal showed this weekend that they are there to be caught. They've lost to the two teams that I believe are better than them this season, I really think one will catch them! Would be so entertaining for it to go down to the final day again!
I'm loving the Sean bounce but even I think this is stretching it a bit. Not the first part obviously, but I'm not sure we can pip them for the title this season :ROFLMAO:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Patrick Reed must have a twin brother as your analogy could apply to Chelsea😂
I quite liked Reed at first.
great golfer with an awesome game.
but it’s very hard to like him now after some of his behaviour.
Same with Garcia for me after damaging the greens.

City are the same imo.
Great to watch ,but the club has a lot of skeletons In their cupboard.
I would put money on they are not the only ones! Some nervous chairmen / owners watching this.