The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
What's going on with your team Tashy? I think selling Sterling has had a massive impact on your side.

Haaland seems to either score a hatrick or is annonymous, there's nothing else from him.

To be honest I cannot put my finger on it, they have been misfiring all season. Todays selection was odd. Haaland making runs and the person that gives him the ball ( KDB) is sat on the bench. To be honest I was glad to see Sterling go. I honestly see 3 or 4 going at the end of the season and some young blood come in. It’s early but it is Arsenals to lose. If City turn it around I will be gobsmacked.
Away from the Prem league, the champs league is anyone’s to win and City look a million miles away from winning that.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To be honest I cannot put my finger on it, they have been misfiring all season. Todays selection was odd. Haaland making runs and the person that gives him the ball ( KDB) is sat on the bench. To be honest I was glad to see Sterling go. I honestly see 3 or 4 going at the end of the season and some young blood come in. It’s early but it is Arsenals to lose. If City turn it around I will be gobsmacked.
Away from the Prem league, the champs league is anyone’s to win and City look a million miles away from winning that.

I think pep tinkers too much tbh

Today wasnt the day for kdb to start on the bench. Its spuds not Bournemouth

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I think pep tinkers too much tbh

Today wasnt the day for kdb to start on the bench. Its spuds not Bournemouth

A few of the City fans on pages I go on have pointed the finger at Peps tinkering. And I do get that but there was enough out on the pitch to get the ball moving and at times it was painful to watch.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
People that saw Greaves play said he was just unreal

Here is a question m

If you could only have one who would people pick

Kane
Shearer
Rooney

for me it would be Rooney

I saw Greaves and he was better than these three , think Kanes played 30 odd games more than Greaves.

As for your question can’t really answer till Kane retires.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Good game and win for Spurs , very untypical Conte goal, it was more like the way we pressed high when we were at our best under Pottichino

Also got me wondering if it was Stellinis choice to play Dier in a slightly more advanced position, the way Dier was laughing with Stellini after the match it made me think it was.

Stellini said before the match that it was his choice to pick the team so I assume he picked the tactics.

So it will be interesting to watch the role Dier plays in the next match.

Watching the players warm up and then cuddle after had my head shaking

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So the premier league have finally charged Man City after a 4 year investigation with multiple breaches of the financial rules for every season from 2009/10 to 2017/18

All theyve got to do is prove it and penalise them now!!!

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3045970

Makes the Ivan Toney case look speedy lol
Lets hope they don't let Chelsea get away with theirs.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
So the premier league have finally charged Man City after a 4 year investigation with multiple breaches of the financial rules for every season from 2009/10 to 2017/18

Lengthy!

What can they actually do to city though? They're not going to get relegated, a fine doesn't harm them and I don't see them being stripped of titles..

Swango1980

Visit site
I'm trying to think of another weekend where both Pep and Klopp, the two most highly regarded managers in the PL, have looked so frazzled.

Who is James Pearce, the Liverpool journalist that Klopp refused to answer. What has he done to upset Klopp? Do Liverpool fans generally like or dislike this journalist? Hamann was very critical of Klopp's behaviour this morning, although I think Hamann winds up Klopp as well.

Why on earth is Pep not picking his best player against Spurs (KDB). Falling out? No longer trusts him after a few sub par games? What has happened with Foden, and what really went on with Cancello?

Are they both feeling the pressure more than ever before? When multiple teams seem to have come to the party (and with Chelsea desperately trying to get an overpriced ticket as well), are Pep and Klopp now losing confidence that they can compete at this time, with rebuilds maybe required (especially with Liverpool). Are they thinking that it cannot be as simple as "don't worry about this year, we'll be right back at the top next year when we up our game", given that there are multiple sides that will now realistically have something to say about that.

The City / Spurs game was interesting. No doubt Haaland is an immense goalscorer. But, he barely touched the ball yesterday. I'm not sure I remember him being involved once, but he certainly didn't have any touches in the box or any shots on goal. Conversely, Harry Kane was involved a lot. He came deep, picked up the ball, brought other players into play, and was a vital component to how Spurs played. And, he got his goal.

Excellent weekend of results for man Utd this weekend at least. Still undecided about the City result. I don't think Utd have any realistic chance to win the league, so a Spurs defeat or draw would have probably suited out top 4 ambitions better. But, if Arsenal implode, City continue to have results like this, then who knows what will happen if Utd can continue to scrape wins.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Yes but will they actually do anything about it.
dock them 10 pts for every season they abused it.
put them in the championship next season as a warning to others.:D