The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
I thought we knocked the ball round well enough but the final pass was woeful almost all game. A slightly frustrating watch if I’m honest.
Yeah, why I'm not too concerned. We've played games like that in the past, and been run ragged. We were definitely much more in control, but as you said, no final pass. Weghorst looked like it was his first game in a while, and needs time to settle, which is pretty much expected. Rashford a bit off it, expect nice times pass to Eriksen to start the move that lead to goal.

When we conceded in injury time, then looked like we were trying to score again, and weren't far off. Mind you, great tackle from Wan Bissaka

Swango1980

Visit site
it sounds like you are talking about City all season ?
You flatter us. Man Utd playing like City, I'd have taken that after 2 games this season :)

It is saying something that my biggest disappointment from last night wasn't conceding a late wonder goal and dropping 2 points. It was losing Casemiro for the Arsenal game. Even last night, without him the pattern of that game might have been very different, and Utd could have had a lot more nervous moments with Palace running at the defence. I'm guessing McFred will play at the weekend, and it makes me nervous.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Get out of here West Ham.. We cant sell Ings until we have a replacement!
You have Ings as a back up though, hence why he is going. If he was your main man then it would be a different matter. Back ups are easier to get although not necessarily good back ups.

Annoying he has gone to West Ham, assuming it goes through. I'd have him at Everton. He could easily be the difference between staying up and going down.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
You have Ings as a back up though, hence why he is going. If he was your main man then it would be a different matter. Back ups are easier to get although not necessarily good back ups.

Annoying he has gone to West Ham, assuming it goes through. I'd have him at Everton. He could easily be the difference between staying up and going down.

Watkins is injured... Backup is now a striker whos about 18 that we just signed from Chicago Fire......

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
lol this aged well :)

who you getting in?

I have absolutely no clue... I suppose in Unai we trust but its risky selling a proven prem player for an unknown.

I will note - Ings doesn't have the work rate for Unai's football, its been pretty evident since he came in.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
how longs Watkins out for? Asking for my Fantasy Draft team lol

Currently unknown - was going for a scan in the coming days - would drop him for this weekend!

Update - just been googling around - apparently he is fit for the weekend - scan was clear

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watkins is injured... Backup is now a striker whos about 18 that we just signed from Chicago Fire......
Currently unknown - was going for a scan in the coming days - would drop him for this weekend!

Update - just been googling around - apparently he is fit for the weekend - scan was clear
I guess that explains it then. If they sell him based on your first post that would be crackers. Based on your second, less so. It seems as though he doesn't fit the style the manager wants but at least you will get a decent fee, he scores goals.

It also helps you are pretty comfortable right now, oh the luxury..........

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I guess that explains it then. If they sell him based on your first post that would be crackers. Based on your second, less so. It seems as though he doesn't fit the style the manager wants but at least you will get a decent fee, he scores goals.

It also helps you are pretty comfortable right now, oh the luxury..........

Well we've spent years flirting down the bottom - and we had 3 years in the championship - so ill take comfortable all day long :ROFLMAO:

Clearly giving Emery some room to bring in a few players he wants and move on a few he doesnt which must be a good sign

Fingers crossed - been linked with a few good players this window but I never really believe the articles. Villa have a recent history of being silent until they announce a totally unexpected name - just hope that happens this window, we need another forward, striker or winger!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well we've spent years flirting down the bottom - and we had 3 years in the championship - so ill take comfortable all day long :ROFLMAO:

Fingers crossed - been linked with a few good players this window but I never really believe the articles. Villa have a recent history of being silent until they announce a totally unexpected name - just hope that happens this window, we need another forward, striker or winger!

doesnt everybody, even Chelsea ;)

Swango1980

Visit site
Bamford might get some more game time after last night!
I noticed that. My first thought was "he better not start blooming scoring for fun now". And, if Vardy does as well, I'm never playing fantasy football again, after ditching him for Martial (although I've now put in a bid to ditch Martial for Weghorst)