The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I noticed that. My first thought was "he better not start blooming scoring for fun now". And, if Vardy does as well, I'm never playing fantasy football again, after ditching him for Martial (although I've now put in a bid to ditch Martial for Weghorst)
All the criticism of managers and you can’t even manage a fantasy team :p

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
A Chris Wood move to Forest looks like it is gathering traction.

No new incomings on Tyneside at the moment...hopefully the new regime will do their business professionally on the quiet and only announce when deals are done.

Swango1980

Visit site
A Chris Wood move to Forest looks like it is gathering traction.

No new incomings on Tyneside at the moment...hopefully the new regime will do their business professionally on the quiet and only announce when deals are done.
Forest fans will be happy. Very little action in the transfer market in the last year or so, so news of a signing will give them a buzz :)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Forest fans will be happy. Very little action in the transfer market in the last year or so, so news of a signing will give them a buzz :)
Why would signing Chris Wood make any fan happy? I've seen him live at Newcastle and on the tv and I really don't see what he brings. He is slow, fairly immobile, doesn't run channels, doesn't win much in the air, doesn't hold the ball up well, barely scores. He wont bring anything to improve Forest.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why would signing Chris Wood make any fan happy? I've seen him live at Newcastle and on the tv and I really don't see what he brings. He is slow, fairly immobile, doesn't run channels, doesn't win much in the air, doesn't hold the ball up well, barely scores. He wont bring anything to improve Forest.
Yeah but they're clutching at straws a bit with only 6 other strikers to choose from. :LOL: Literally going at it like me on Champ Manager 0102. Buy all the forwards! One of them will do something!

Swango1980

Visit site
I was being sarcastic, after they signed 63 players in the summer.

Swango1980

Visit site
Fantastic move for us

Antonio is a busted flush

Scamacca is getting knocks ATM we need someone and to get someone with his experience.. yes please
My mate announced it in one of our whatsapp groups, as there is a West Ham fan on there. Taking the mick, by saying "West Ham finally capture their dream forward. Welcome Danny Ings"

The West Ham fan said "He is a dream compared to Antonio"

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My mate announced it in one of our whatsapp groups, as there is a West Ham fan on there. Taking the mick, by saying "West Ham finally capture their dream forward. Welcome Danny Ings"

The West Ham fan said "He is a dream compared to Antonio"

Antonio is god awful..people loved him for a purple patch 24 months ago. He has bearly scored a goal in 12 months .. has got a nasty habbit of going down easy now which costs us as refs don't give fouls as he makes it look unnecessary worse when it would be a foul anyways

We got rid of a very very good striker in Haller to keep an average winger who has a purple patch

Really wish we hadn't

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Fantastic move for us

Antonio is a busted flush

Scamacca is getting knocks ATM we need someone and to get someone with his experience.. yes please

I wouldn't be jumping for joy too much - he's got some great goal scoring pedigree but he's not got much running in him

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I always thought Ings was a fantastic finisher, just had such a poor injury record. Not surprised to hear he's not running so much, reminds me of Michael Owen in his latter years. Hammies couldn't do it, but he still had the finishing if you could get him in. If West Ham play to his strengths, and more importantly he can stay out of the treatment room, he could easily have a good spell and knock 8 or 9 goals in that keep them up. You don't have to look too far back, the one season he stayed fit was 19/20 with Southampton and he got 22 league goals.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
West Ham are not exactly a shocking side, they just need someone to put the ball in the net.

Problem is we have a great striker in scamacca, scores cracking goals (all 3 are worldly finishes) however we don't play to his strength.. give it to his feet not the air