The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Why would signing Chris Wood make any fan happy? I've seen him live at Newcastle and on the tv and I really don't see what he brings. He is slow, fairly immobile, doesn't run channels, doesn't win much in the air, doesn't hold the ball up well, barely scores. He wont bring anything to improve Forest.
Just wondering how you rate Chris Wood LT:ROFLMAO:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Crouch was a bit like that , he was a good player with the ball at his feet.
This used to frustrate me so much! With Spurs and with England. Crouch comes off the bench, and suddenly the whole team is reduced to just hitting long balls and crosses. He wasn't even that great in the air, he was just tall. On the ground he was excellent! Would anyone give it to him on the deck? No.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This used to frustrate me so much! With Spurs and with England. Crouch comes off the bench, and suddenly the whole team is reduced to just hitting long balls and crosses. He wasn't even that great in the air, he was just tall. On the ground he was excellent! Would anyone give it to him on the deck? No.

Antonio seems to want out aswell. The bloke publically came out and said "get me a striker in to complete with and help me"

Loses his place to scamacca and wants out.

Proper spoilt .. did the same when he came in and was played rwb

Went over managers head to Sullivan to say I won't play there

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Antonio seems to want out aswell. The bloke publically came out and said "get me a striker in to complete with and help me"

Loses his place to scamacca and wants out.

Proper spoilt .. did the same when he came in and was played rwb

Went over managers head to Sullivan to say I won't play there
Antonio has a big mouth, that's for certain.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site

This is what Liverpool got so wrong with Andy Carroll....they never twigged that he was decent with the ball played to his feet.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Antonio has a big mouth, that's for certain.

Agreed. Heard from a few sources when he got his England call up he got very arrogant then there was the celebrations.. with a cut out of himself? Pfft

Lost a lot of time for him with his whole Jamaican football BS. He rejected them in 2016 as he wanted to play for England so in 2021 at the ripe age of 31 thinks I know England don't want me and I have dodgy hamstrings what's my best plans? To concentrate on the club who pay me , maximise my fitness, keep my career going as long as possible? No I'll jet half way around the world on a plane (great for the hammies) to fulfil my life long dream (since 2021) to play for the reggae boys.

Joke of a professional

Oh and giving him the number 9 shirt was the most annoying thing ever. It summed up our transfer policy of no we ain't getting a top striker in we gonna make do..

Give the guy who's been wearing number 30 for 4 years was it? The 9 for no reason

Raises expectations for me. When he was number 30 he filling in 10 goals is ok return

If your our number 9 I expect more.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Agreed. Heard from a few sources when he got his England call up he got very arrogant then there was the celebrations.. with a cut out of himself? Pfft

Lost a lot of time for him with his whole Jamaican football BS. He rejected them in 2016 as he wanted to play for England so in 2021 at the ripe age of 31 thinks I know England don't want me and I have dodgy hamstrings what's my best plans? To concentrate on the club who pay me , maximise my fitness, keep my career going as long as possible? No I'll jet half way around the world on a plane (great for the hammies) to fulfil my life long dream (since 2021) to play for the reggae boys.

Joke of a professional

Oh and giving him the number 9 shirt was the most annoying thing ever. It summed up our transfer policy of no we ain't getting a top striker in we gonna make do..

Give the guy who's been wearing number 30 for 4 years was it? The 9 for no reason

Raises expectations for me. When he was number 30 he filling in 10 goals is ok return

If your our number 9 I expect more.
How do you really feel about him though? Stop mincing your words, man. :LOL:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Looks like Arsenal are paying £20m plus add-ons for Trossard.

Seems a sensible purchase in that hes premier league experienced and should hopefully hit the ground running and gives some depth to the forward positions we are lacking, seems a high enough fee for a 28 year old whose contract runs out in the summer

Be interesting to see if thats it or 1 or 2 more are added

Swango1980

Visit site
Just proposed a Draft Fantasy Football transaction, where I want to get rid of Trossard and get in March. I thought that would bne a good idea, Trossard isn't playing after all. One hour later, I hear he has signed for Arsenal. What to do now? Stick with the March proposed Transaction? Or keep Trossard? Will he play much for Arsenal, in a settled side that is playing well?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do city want to win the league this year? What is that defence? First choice defence all on bench. Debyrne on bench?

I mean they have wolves at the weekend no offence they are hardly arsenal

Swango1980

Visit site
Do city want to win the league this year? What is that defence? First choice defence all on bench. Debyrne on bench?

I mean they have wolves at the weekend no offence they are hardly arsenal
"Punishment" for losing against Man Utd? Dropping players, sending a message no one is invincible? Except Haaland of course :)

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Arsenal must be loving this....I've never seen City so lacklustre and unimaginative.

43 minutes of mind numbing football and then two clinical Spurs moments.