The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

4LEX

Visit site
To think Utd turned down Poch and picked Ten Hag is beyond laughable.

He's spent the entire summer focusing on a player who doesn't want to join Utd
He's only targeted ex Ajax players or those from the Dutch League
Given all the egos a third chance to fail and come across as a wet blanket
Can only play one way and it won't work in the PL unless you have the best players by a huge margin which won't happen
Signed a midget with no pace to play a high line alongside Maguire who isn't exactly quick

Got the selections/tactics badly wrong in both games and been embarrassed by sides that will struggle to finish in the top half.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The table looks like a Manchester Butty with one Manchester team at the top and bottom.
A Forest fan pal am sat with is over the moon as they have gone up one place without kicking a ball.

Swango1980

Visit site

Can only play one way and it won't work in the PL unless you have the best players by a huge margin which won't happen
Signed a midget with no pace to play a high line alongside Maguire who isn't exactly quick

Got the selections/tactics badly wrong in both games and been embarrassed by sides that will struggle to finish in the top half.
To think some fans still like to blame the manager. After 2 games. I doubt Poch would do much better, not if De Gea is going to give away 2 goals.

The board have probably also shown that are awful and getting deals done. Who are the scouts as well. I appreciate the manager wants an input to signings, but can't be expected to scout players across the world when he has an uphill job at coaching these useless players

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Being a performing monkey on the sidelines doesn't make you a good manager. Do you think the players can hear anything in this sort of atmosphere anyway?
That’s a joke right
Fergie did it,and to good effect.
They had a water break,it looked like he hardly said a word.
Klopp does it.
Roy Keane would be berating these players demanding more.
We’ve got no-one.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
To think some fans still like to blame the manager. After 2 games. I doubt Poch would do much better, not if De Gea is going to give away 2 goals.

The board have probably also shown that are awful and getting deals done. Who are the scouts as well. I appreciate the manager wants an input to signings, but can't be expected to scout players across the world when he has an uphill job at coaching these useless players
You can see ETH hasn’t got it.
I said after 2 weeks RR didn’t have it,and I see the same with ETH.
He hasn’t got the players playing pure and simple.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
That’s a joke right
Fergie did it,and to good effect.
They had a water break,it looked like he hardly said a word.
Klopp does it.
Roy Keane would be berating these players demanding more.
We’ve got no-one.

They didn't need a water break, it got in the way of their football break

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've been supporting Utd since the 60's and that was the worst 45 minutes I think I've ever seen, including the season when they were relegated!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

You should have applied, you seem absolutely perfect.

4LEX

Visit site

Poch is much better suited to the squad, he plays a more balanced style with a mix of possession and counter attacking football.

De Gea can't play the football ETH is asking of him, it's not going to change. One goal was a mistake but the other was on ETH. Why not sign a keeper who is comfy on the ball? As I said ages ago, the whole football set up is broken at the club so it's not on ETH totally. The fact a new manager is allowed carte blanche on signings is a huge red flag. He also had the arrogance to ignore a meeting with Rangnick about the report he'd made on the squad. Rangnick was a poor appointment (as I said at the time) but you would at least listen to what he learnt.

ETH is a bad appointment, bad football set up, bad recruitment and the outlook looks even worse than I expected. Liverpool next Monday will be a powder keg with protests planned.

4LEX

Visit site
You should have applied, you seem absolutely perfect.

I would love to get the job, sign a few forum members up. LiverpoolPhil in defence, Tashy in midfield, myself on a player manager role upfront then look perplexed as we lose 15-0 to everyone while you defend me and say I need more time ;)

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Where do Man Utd go from here, they have been absolutely abysmal.
Klopp will be able to play his U21’s when they play on Monday night football.
They will be lucky to finish top half going on there first two games.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
You can't blame a manager after just two games, surely, especially when you know the issue is the board.
And if you don't know that the Utd board is the issue, you don't understand football.

The board must be on the crack pipe again as apparently they’ve valued Rashford at £120m

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
You can't blame a manager after just two games, surely, especially when you know the issue is the board.
And if you don't know that the Utd board is the issue, you don't understand football.
After 2 games I can see he’s not up to the job.
Whatever message he’s trying to get across is not working.
The players need to work and work hard.
That’s attitude and that comes from within or the manager.
Brentford are doing it.
The board picking ETH was wrong and I’m sure that will be shown.
If you think that the board is the only issue then I suggest you don’t know football.
Do you think Fergie or Roy Keane as examples would not be doing things different regardless of any board.
I don’t think so.