The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
After 2 games I can see he’s not up to the job.
Whatever message he’s trying to get across is not working.
The players need to work and work hard.
That’s attitude and that comes from within or the manager.
Brentford are doing it.
The board picking ETH was wrong and I’m sure that will be shown.
If you think that the board is the only issue then I suggest you don’t know football.
Do you think Fergie or Roy Keane as examples would not be doing things different regardless of any board.
I don’t think so.

how many managers have to fail before you question whether the fault lies elsewhere?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
After 2 games I can see he’s not up to the job.
Whatever message he’s trying to get across is not working.
The players need to work and work hard.
That’s attitude and that comes from within or the manager.
Brentford are doing it.
The board picking ETH was wrong and I’m sure that will be shown.
If you think that the board is the only issue then I suggest you don’t know football.
Do you think Fergie or Roy Keane as examples would not be doing things different regardless of any board.
I don’t think so.
It can’t keep being the manager.
The problem is deeper than that.
The club is being run by idiots.
The squad is terrible,even Fergie wouldn’t get a tune out of them.
Utd won’t challenge for a title until the owners sell up.

D

Deleted member 15344

Man Utd fans on 606 ???

Comedy gold

Sacking the manager after 2 games ???

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
how many managers have to fail before you question whether the fault lies elsewhere?
I agree part of the problem is the owners,however once you put a manager in place,even if it’s the wrong manager he has to show something.
Now the players are either not good enough or are good enough but don’t try or care.
That’s where the manager earns his crust.
Coming up with a plan,getting players on board,getting a tune out of players.
It’s not happening and it won’t happen under ETH.
Utd are one if not the biggest club worldwide,it’s needs a big manager.
He needs backing by the board and tbh they back the manager with money,regardless of how much they take out the club.
Yes they need to go but that’s a long way off.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I agree part of the problem is the owners,however once you put a manager in place,even if it’s the wrong manager he has to show something.
Now the players are either not good enough or are good enough but don’t try or care.
He needs backing by the board and tbh they back the manager with money,regardless of how much they take out the club.

Naw, they just need a season or two in the Championship. It's the players fault, they aren't fighting for the cause

D

Deleted member 15344

I find it quite funny/strange that you seem to enjoy United defeats more than Liverpool victories.
??

I recall all the way through the 90’s and 00’s Manc Fans lording it up and taking pleasure from Liverpool not winning the league and major trophies as Utd did

We didn’t play today so as an alternative I’m enjoying Man Utd and indeed Everton getting beat and propping up the table ??

Man Utd and their fans put themselves on a pedestal and the fall is very funny to watch.

Swango1980

Visit site
It's 2 games in. Those players were absolutely abysmal last year. The manager has had a few friendlies with them, and when they get back to competitive action, you expect the manager should be able to get some magic out of them?

It has been proven that when they are up against strong opponents who close them down, they panic. When something goes wrong, they almost give up. There are probably 5 or 6 of them like that.

Pre season will have given him a false impression of these players. He will now have a much greater idea what they are truly like. Give him time to analyse it. He'll need time to truly understand how many of those players need to go.

But, he will need help from the club. He can tell them the sorts of players he needs. But, he can't be responsible for scouting players around the world. He'll need great scouts to ensure they get a good hit rate with signings, and a board that can get the deals done. Sadly, that is where things might crumble.

Ten Hag has my backing. I'm prepared to give him a good chance at least.