The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nothing to do with City though. A case (appropriately?) of 'shooting themselves in the foot' imo. Owners need to identify and sort out whatever/whoever is the problem, otherwise it will continue. Last season was a shambles - and Rangnick as 'Interim Manager' was a disaster. I have my 'wouldn't be surprised' thoughts, but no real evidence.

At United they'll never sort out the problem ............................................ because they are the problem!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
At United they'll never sort out the problem ............................................ because they are the problem!
The ones I've seen stated don't seem to be insurmountable. But I'll wait and see how ten Hag performs/acts.
I don't believe the real problem is their owners - who are, after all, allowed to take some of the nearly 900M that was paid for ManU back in 2005. It has always been the way they've managed all 'their' investments, so should come as no shock and is just over 1% of the purchase price It's merely the fact that the club lost money last year - not helped by their pitiful on-field performance!
As I posted earlier, they need to determine what's causing the pitiful on-field performance and sort that out - for he benefit of both themselves and the fans!

Last edited:

Skytot

Visit site
The next Jack Rodwell! :D I didn't realise he was 26 actually, I thought he was more like 23. Can't see him playing more than 50% of games, but then, in England terms sitting on the bench at City will earn him more call-ups than actually playing in a relegation battle anyway.
City will probably play between 50 to 60 games next season. Clubs are allowed 5 subs next season also . He will get plenty of game time

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Anthony Martial turns up at old Trafford with a rucksack on his back. Security guard says “what’s in there”. Martial being a honest guy says, ” drugs a gun and fake tickets”. Security guard says “ thank god, I thought it was your boots”.

Joking aside, what’s the thoughts on the Newcastle/ Saudi Arabia third kit.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Purely coincidental ?.

I think it is their first PR error. Very clumsy although it will shortly be forgotten. After all, 3rd kit? Only used for the Carabou cup or similar aren't they?

Its so similar it hurts :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Theyll be in green and white stripes next year!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Its so similar it hurts :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Theyll be in green and white stripes next year!
If they spend big and do well that will test the fans :LOL:

On other Toon matters, they have signed Botman from Lille. Looks a good signing and they now have a very decent back 5, Pope, Trippier, Targett, Burn, Botman. All done with minimal fuss and without being taken to the cleaners. Good summer so far for them.

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

On other Toon matters, they have signed Botman from Lille. Looks a good signing and they now have a very decent back 5, Pope, Tripper, Targett, Burn, Botman. All done with minimal fuss and without being taken to the cleaners. Good summer so far for them.
Pope is a very good signing indeed. ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What's the process for kit designs anyway? I always assumed the manufacturers draw up some designs and someone from the club just picks the ones they like. Do we think the Saudi owners actually requested a white & green kit?? I'm not sure what to believe really. Maybe Castore produced it as a design knowing it would probably go down well with the owners? Would be interesting to get the inside story on it really.

As LT says, they will rarely wear it you'd have thought. Depending on what colour the away kit is.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What's the process for kit designs anyway? I always assumed the manufacturers draw up some designs and someone from the club just picks the ones they like. Do we think the Saudi owners actually requested a white & green kit?? I'm not sure what to believe really. Maybe Castore produced it as a design knowing it would probably go down well with the owners? Would be interesting to get the inside story on it really.

As LT says, they will rarely wear it you'd have thought. Depending on what colour the away kit is.
That is the muttering up here but no confirmation. The second kit is leaked as being a darkish blue so no clash at all. Is a leak ever wrong when it comes to kits? They seem remarkably spot on.

Incidentally, Castore are well worth a google to see their back story. Two brothers who tinkered on the edge of pro sport and decided to go into sports wear. They currently make kits for Newcastle, England cricket and Matt Fitzpatrick. Quite a run they are on, when most of us have probably not heard of them until very recently.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That is the muttering up here but no confirmation. The second kit is leaked as being a darkish blue so no clash at all. Is a leak ever wrong when it comes to kits? They seem remarkably spot on.

Incidentally, Castore are well worth a google to see their back story. Two brothers who tinkered on the edge of pro sport and decided to go into sports wear. They currently make kits for Newcastle, England cricket and Matt Fitzpatrick. Quite a run they are on, when most of us have probably not heard of them until very recently.
I have read about them actually. Because I bought their 'Carlos jacket' to be my golf waterproof, but I love the material so much I wear it for everything now. :LOL: They are similar to Under Armour but more recent really - as you say, a couple of sportsmen who weren't happy with the products on the market and looked into new materials to use and so on. I like the look of their golf stuff but I've not found it cheap enough anywhere to buy yet - I am never spending £60 on polos and £100 on trousers, that's for sure. The jacket was £82 but it is honestly nicer and lighter than any sporty rain jacket I've ever seen, so I think it was worth it. I'm on their mailing list in case they have a sale. :p

They only started sponsoring Fitzpatrick a few months back I think, imagine the high fives in their office when he won the USO. (They made Wolves kit last season too, assuming they still do. Oh, and Andy Murray too.)

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site

On other Toon matters, they have signed Botman from Lille. Looks a good signing and they now have a very decent back 5, Pope, Trippier, Targett, Burn, Botman. All done with minimal fuss and without being taken to the cleaners. Good summer so far for them.
Compare that to the back 5 from the first game last season... Woodman, Murphy, Krafth, Fernandez, Clark, Ritchie. Amazing what can be done with 70m and a bit of ambition.

The green and white shirt is aimed pre-dominantly at the saudi market I would assume, although not sure Fun88 will go down well on the front of it.

Hopefully get a DM and Striker/winger in and that should see us nice for the season.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have read about them actually. Because I bought their 'Carlos jacket' to be my golf waterproof, but I love the material so much I wear it for everything now. :LOL: They are similar to Under Armour but more recent really - as you say, a couple of sportsmen who weren't happy with the products on the market and looked into new materials to use and so on. I like the look of their golf stuff but I've not found it cheap enough anywhere to buy yet - I am never spending £60 on polos and £100 on trousers, that's for sure. The jacket was £82 but it is honestly nicer and lighter than any sporty rain jacket I've ever seen, so I think it was worth it. I'm on their mailing list in case they have a sale. :p

They only started sponsoring Fitzpatrick a few months back I think, imagine the high fives in their office when he won the USO. (They made Wolves kit last season too, assuming they still do. Oh, and Andy Murray too.)
They have Murray on the board, he may hold a small share in the company as well. That is them covering tennis, golf, football and cricket as well as general gym and running wear. Smart cookies. They are not looking to be cheap so I'm with you on the sale front :LOL:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Compare that to the back 5 from the first game last season... Woodman, Murphy, Krafth, Fernandez, Clark, Ritchie. Amazing what can be done with 70m and a bit of ambition.

The green and white shirt is aimed pre-dominantly at the saudi market I would assume, although not sure Fun88 will go down well on the front of it.

Hopefully get a DM and Striker/winger in and that should see us nice for the season.
70m for a back 5. Not bad. Nearly buys you a centre half at some clubs :LOL:

Stuck with it for 1 more year apparently. I'm expecting to see LIV Golf on there for next season. (I'm not trying to cross over threads, that is the likely sponsor for those not aware)

Striker is the big one isn't it? Wilson is made of glass and you need someone else for when he is injured.

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
70m for a back 5. Not bad. Nearly buys you a centre half at some clubs :LOL:

Stuck with it for 1 more year apparently. I'm expecting to see LIV Golf on there for next season. (I'm not trying to cross over threads, that is the likely sponsor for those not aware)

Striker is the big one isn't it? Wilson is made of glass and you need someone else for when he is injured.
Saudi Golf was the long time rumour, but then the CEO got on our board, so would probably look a bit suspicious with the new rules around owner/sponsors (suspect LIV will be the same). I think we'll see similar deals to the likes of Noon. Middle east shopping site.

Yeh, Striker is definitely the more pressing need. DM would be my personal preference, but more just to get Shelvey out the team.

Think the profile of the striker they'll look at is that Striker / Winger type (Martial, etc) thats what meant by that. Not that we need a Winger per-se.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Saudi Golf was the long time rumour, but then the CEO got on our board, so would probably look a bit suspicious with the new rules around owner/sponsors (suspect LIV will be the same). I think we'll see similar deals to the likes of Noon. Middle east shopping site.

Yeh, Striker is definitely the more pressing need. DM would be my personal preference, but more just to get Shelvey out the team.

Think the profile of the striker they'll look at is that Striker / Winger type (Martial, etc) thats what meant by that. Not that we need a Winger per-se.

Calling it now - Target gets replaced after a year!

Still good business though

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
Calling it now - Target gets replaced after a year!

Still good business though
Yep, wouldn’t disagree with that. I think it was a signing based on practicality as much as anything. Doesn’t really fit the historic full back profile for Howe, but if he wants to give ASM a good run this season I can understand the logic of having someone more dependable behind him. I think a lot will also depend on Jamal Lewis and if he is capable of kicking on as well this season and showing that he might be a long term viable option.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Yep, wouldn’t disagree with that. I think it was a signing based on practicality as much as anything. Doesn’t really fit the historic full back profile for Howe, but if he wants to give ASM a good run this season I can understand the logic of having someone more dependable behind him. I think a lot will also depend on Jamal Lewis and if he is capable of kicking on as well this season and showing that he might be a long term viable option.

Hes a good player though, always served us well at the Villa and can play some great crosses in etc - just really lacks the pace needed for the prem!

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Richarlison to Spurs is a strange one. Can’t see Kane or Son sitting out many games so where does he fit in?