The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Working in Liverpool at the minute (right next to the training ground funnily enough) I mentioned Mane leaving to one of the lads, he said he was gutted and would rather seen Salah leave.
Was a bit shocked as I though he was the main man ?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
You dont expect trophies???? Jesus, If you dont, then who does bar United?!

Are you trying to act like you're Uniteds little brother on purpose or do you want to step out of that shadow? :ROFLMAO:
Trust me when you have had generations of watching purgatory football and your quiet neighbours are winning everything. They rammed it down your throat. They higher they climbed the louder they got. The further they have fell. If it taught you one thing it’s humility. As a City fan it’s been a process being able to compete. When we beat Utd on a level playing field. God it was good. Even now it’s not expected to beat Utd. Never mind win owt.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Trust me when you have had generations of watching purgatory football and your quiet neighbours are winning everything. They rammed it down your throat. They higher they climbed the louder they got. The further they have fell. If it taught you one thing it’s humility. As a City fan it’s been a process being able to compete. When we beat Utd on a level playing field. God it was good. Even now it’s not expected to beat Utd. Never mind win owt.

Just dont get it.

Id expect trophies coming out of my ears and anything but is failure.

You've spent BILLIONS :ROFLMAO: You aint little ol Man City anymore...

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
You dont expect trophies???? Jesus, If you dont, then who does bar United?!

Are you trying to act like you're Uniteds little brother on purpose or do you want to step out of that shadow? :ROFLMAO:
I was working in Warrington the year (or maybe the year after) City got bought. The enthusiasm from the locals was incredible. Mainly about how the would have revenge on their neighbours!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I was working in Warrington the year (or maybe the year after) City got bought. The enthusiasm from the locals was incredible. Mainly about how the would have revenge on their neighbours!

Certainly having their fun now! United are becoming quite laughable in the operational side of things.

Window has been open for weeks and they're yet to do business. Prices will certainly be rising as the window comes towards closing too!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
It's an age old dsicussion, welll certainly since the CL format came about, but you can't claim to be the best in the world if you are team that wins the CL without winning your own domestic league. If you aren't the best team in your own country, how can you be the best team anywhere else? The league shows the best team, the CL shows the best cup team.

I'm with the City fans and I am pleased that they are fairly indifferent to the CL. The league is the one to win every time. Winning the CL completes the set but that is all.
I'm inclined to agree, but CL certainly has 'the glory' just as FA Cup does in England.
A similar query came up when discussing Hammers european run. While the run was great, the consequence was issues in the Prem League. For an 'itty bitty' club Prem League points are gold (I think each win was worth 3M gain). I think we were fortunate to sneak into Europe again, albeit 'lower' than last year. I think I posted that it was a tough decision, worthwhile once, but concentration on PL would be my option next year.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I'm inclined to agree, but CL certainly has 'the glory' just as FA Cup does in England.
A similar query came up when discussing Hammers european run. While the run was great, the consequence was issues in the Prem League. For an 'itty bitty' club Prem League points are gold (I think each win was worth 3M gain). I think we were fortunate to sneak into Europe again, albeit 'lower' than last year. I think I posted that it was a tough decision, worthwhile once, but concentration on PL would be my option next year.

Why though? Money in the clubs coffers doesnt effect the average fan?

You dont get a victory parade for finishing 7th. You do if you lift the Europa League.....

Youre not going down, you might as well go all out for the cup competition while youre in it?

In 40 years people wont remember the West Ham who finished 7th, but they'll damn well remember the Cup win.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Certainly having their fun now! United are becoming quite laughable in the operational side of things.

Window has been open for weeks and they're yet to do business. Prices will certainly be rising as the window comes towards closing too!
Nothing to do with City though. A case (appropriately?) of 'shooting themselves in the foot' imo. Owners need to identify and sort out whatever/whoever is the problem, otherwise it will continue. Last season was a shambles - and Rangnick as 'Interim Manager' was a disaster. I have my 'wouldn't be surprised' thoughts, but no real evidence.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

You dont get a victory parade for finishing 7th. You do if you lift the Europa League.....

Youre not going down, you might as well go all out for the cup competition while youre in it?

In 40 years people wont remember the West Ham who finished 7th, but they'll damn well remember the Cup win.
I agree there too. But while WH have/had a strong spine and spirit, they have distinct 'weaknesses' in many areas, so need investment to get any higher than they are now (and that applies to European comps too). Gobbling PL cash when they can certainly helps that goal, whereas 'playing in Europe' actively reduces such opportunities. WH simply don't have the spending power of the PL clubs above them, yet. Though that could also be an argument for grabbing European experience while they can too!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I agree there too. But while WH have/had a strong spine and spirit, they have distinct 'weaknesses' in many areas, so need investment to get any higher than they are now (and that applies to European comps too). Gobbling PL cash when they can certainly helps that goal, whereas 'playing in Europe' actively reduces such opportunities. WH simply don't have the spending power of the PL clubs above them, yet. Though that could also be an argument for grabbing European experience while they can too!

I dont think you'll ever get their spending power without insanely wealthy owners to be honest.

I think most Hammer fans I heard on Talksport post January window were frustrated at the lack of investment. Had you have spent a bit - you might have had success!!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Agreed. But 'the average fan' is pretty short-sighted - maybe apart from 'traditional rivalries' that doesn't seem to be a problem for Hammers currently.
But I'm confident that Moyes could squeeze some of the extra cash for the obvious deficiencies. The fragility post European run provided enough evidence - at least to me.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I dont think you'll ever get their spending power without insanely wealthy owners to be honest.

I think most Hammer fans I heard on Talksport post January window were frustrated at the lack of investment. Had you have spent a bit - you might have had success!!
I agree, but I don't begrudge owners getting some return for their (earlier) investment as opposed to simply bunging money in constantly as the likes of City can do. And 'might have' is the key phrase.
Most fans simply identify a current weakness and demand owners spend X million on Y player to fix it - and do the same very soon after! They (those that have them) would be a little more concerned if the response was 'Happy to do that as long as we can put the price of your season ticket up £100 to pay for it.'! That'd buy a £5M player, but would not, in itself, cover the additional wages!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

I have a thought that things could get very bleak for Utd should they go ahead with the £1 billion development at OT. ? Even less invested in the team whilst the ground is rebuilt. Renegotiate loans etc etc. ?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I have a thought that things could get very bleak for Utd should they go ahead with the £1 billion development at OT. ? Even less invested in the team whilst the ground is rebuilt. Renegotiate loans etc etc. ?

Its needed work though!

They dont even have a screen inside the stadium - about time they joined 2022 :ROFLMAO:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How come?
The lad said Salah doesn't want to be there and has also asked for an insane pay rise.
It’s just a personal preference.
Not that much in it.
I have watched when we’re pressing and Mo could not tackle a wet paper bag , Mane is the polar opposite.
They both miss sitters then score worldies but I just rate Mane higher.
We don’t know what goes on and all clubs have rumour’s