The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Real deserved the win on the night, but they didn’t deserve to beat city. So do they deserve to win the CL? Impossible to answer conclusively, its too subjective

History doesn’t remember anyway, all that matters is who actually won

Personally I honestly think City never took there chances and Real did. Real therefore deserved It. It’s a recurring theme with City. Not taking there chances and it has happened for years. Now if it was only a one off re Real Madrid. Then fair enough. But they beat Chelsea, City and Liverpool by being the second best team. They beat the top three teams in the Prem. Chuck in a fantastic win against PSG. That’s more than coincidenc. It just seemed this Real team don’t know they are beat.
I thought it was a game of fine margins. Courtois played one of the best games as a keeper as I have seen in a long long time.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Liverpool paid Real too much respect and it cost them. Liverpool were miles off their best but still created the better chances and Courtois was MOTM. It's fine margins.

As good as Liverpool are, questions have to be asked about the big game performances of the attackers as that's 3 cup finals and not a single goal scored. Two domestic cups is a very good season but they missed the ones that really count.

This, plus TAA doing his usual Kyle Walker impression and ball watching for their goal.
Decent final, enjoyed most of what I saw, would have loved ET as the quality of football was great ?

RRidges

Visit site
Well done to Real, got tactics spot on.
It’s tough when your keeper had virtually nothing to do but theirs was a class MOTM performance.
But that’s cup finals for you.
I agree.
Though in the half I saw, Courtois didn't have a really difficult save to make.
L'pool seemed to be bullied out of the ball far more than normal and didn't have (weren't allowed) their normal flow.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I agree.
Though in the half I saw, Courtois didn't have a really difficult save to make.
L'pool seemed to be bullied out of the ball far more than normal and didn't have (weren't allowed) their normal flow.

The keeper was very good tonight and deserved his mom.
But we looked like we had played 4 games to many this season.
We gave the ball away to much and we’re very sloppy at times.
If Mane goes we need a proper CF
Kane would be my choice, links play up as well as Firmino and he can finish.

RRidges

Visit site
Real were simply more physical than Liverpool. Some of the 'fouls' they received also seemed to be more from theatrics than actual fouls, but that, unfortunately, seems to be the modern style. Salas was the only Liverpool player who successfully probed, but with little result - from excellent defense/cover. Need a Sterling equivalent on the other side and, indeed, a target/danger in the centre. I can't see Kane moving from Spurs. Andy Carroll is apparently available and is known to the club! :ROFLMAO: All imo of course.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

Reading some of the fans accounts is truly awful , riot police tear gassing the fans at the fan park just so they would leave , one end of the stadium covered in other riot police - the stories of the issues outside , disabled fans being beaten up , locals slashing and stealing from the fans , young kids being pepper sprayed -

all whilst UEFA first blamed fans for turning up late despite them being there 3 hours before the kick off , then blamed 1000’s of ticketless fans at the turnstiles yet due to previous checks you should get to that far without a ticket and then they blamed fake tickets when most had them on their phone - sounds like the fans had a horrific experience when a CL Final is supposed to be a experience to remember for your life - where as most fans are just glad to be getting home

This also doesn’t excuse the very small minority of pond life in both sets of fans who got in without a ticket - no doubt some “rivals” will point to them as the cause but thankfully the worlds sporting media are focussed on the real cause

Just glad that I have heard from family members and good friends that they are safe

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Reading some of the fans accounts is truly awful , riot police tear gassing the fans at the fan park just so they would leave , one end of the stadium covered in other riot police - the stories of the issues outside , disabled fans being beaten up , locals slashing and stealing from the fans , young kids being pepper sprayed -

all whilst UEFA first blamed fans for turning up late despite them being there 3 hours before the kick off , then blamed 1000’s of ticketless fans at the turnstiles yet due to previous checks you should get to that far without a ticket and then they blamed fake tickets when most had them on their phone - sounds like the fans had a horrific experience when a CL Final is supposed to be a experience to remember for your life - where as most fans are just glad to be getting home

This also doesn’t excuse the very small minority of pond life in both sets of fans who got in without a ticket - no doubt some “rivals” will point to them as the cause but thankfully the worlds sporting media are focussed on the real cause

Just glad that I have heard from family members and good friends that they are safe

Is that because they watched it from Leighton buzzard too? ??

Just teasing on what isn’t a funny subject at all. Hard to understand how tear gas could be needed at all. Sounds like any tension was from the situation, and the situation was caused by inept organisation. Hope when the dust settles everyone is ok, but a horrible situation.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Probably the least entertaining CL final in recent years. Real shame to see Liverpool off their game. Not a true reflection on their ability at all, but great defensive work from Madrid and yet another CL trophy to add to their cabinets…

D

Deleted member 15344

So just the Play Off left know - good luck to Forest ?

How does everyone rate their season

I’m going to go for : A minus

We played every single game possible ( not sure it’s been done before ) , 64 games and just 4 defeats , won two trophies , missed out on a league by a point and lost another final

We added two potential world class players in Konate and Diaz

It was a disappointing end but a brilliant season

Onto next year

Tashyboy

Visit site

I did mention a couple of days ago re “hope Liverpool have the legs”. I was talking to a guy I met on holiday ( Liverpool fan) he said Liverpool looked “ leggy” during the wolves game. Listening to Robertson and Klopp this morning. As they mentioned it was down to not taking chances and a fantastic performance from Courtois.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I did mention a couple of days ago re “hope Liverpool have the legs”. I was talking to a guy I met on holiday ( Liverpool fan) he said Liverpool looked “ leggy” during the wolves game. Listening to Robertson and Klopp this morning. As they mentioned it was down to not taking chances and a fantastic performance from Courtois.
Think they are spot on.
Chances missed first half when very dominant.
2nd half Mo Salah had a couple but the keeper was superb all match.
Don’t think Real could have complained if Liverpool scored 3
Very impressive performance from Konate.
Once again TAA showing why he clearly is not a world class RB and why Southgate ignores him in big games.
I would say Liverpool have had a very good season that could have been the best ever but clearly to win all the trophies playing that many games against top opposition is beyond even the best teams.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Think they are spot on.
Once again TAA showing why he clearly is not a world class RB and why Southgate ignores him in big games.
I would say Liverpool have had a very good season that could have been the best ever but clearly to win all the trophies playing that many games against top opposition is beyond even the best teams.

Careful. Don't bad mouth TAA .. he's untouchable..

Spot on tho.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Yep. No need for over analysis. On another night the goalie wouldn't have stopped all of those and it would have been over at half time.

The school report will say, did well, but could have done better.

Liverpool have been great to watch this year, but missed out on the two biggies. Sometimes that happens.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Think they are spot on.

I know it’s a old cliche, but it really is fine margins. Liverpool won two cups with penalty shootout outs. Yet they missed out on the Prem Title coz City had a mad five mins V Villa. Then last night, chances not taken. I don’t think I would be that down if I was a Pool fan. I think under Klopp Liverpools fans are in a lot better place to challenge for the next X years than most clubs in the prem league. Klopp and Pep will be locking horns for a couple of years yet. Will be interesting to see what happens re players coming and going over the next couple of months in the prem.