The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Whilst you need aggression, Holding was too fired up. Glad he did, but going down to 10 men so early on was a game changer.

stemmed from the ridiculous high press early on against a side that wanted to play on the counter, soares and holding against Son and literally zero midfield cover because theyre so far up field. were used to the idiotic individual errors sadly, its the setting up for failure from a manager that is being falsely praised from so many areas that really annoys :(

Myblueheaven

Visit site
Hello All,
I dont normally do this so please take it easy on me, I am asking for help.
I am an Oldham Athletic fan of 46 years. Sadly my club is in severe trouble and at risk of going out of business or dropping further into non league due to terrible ownership.
We need new owners but our fans trust ( oasf ) is trying to raise money to buy the ground and land which the owner does not own, this would be a massive step towards brighter days for this once great club.
I will post the link to my just giving page and any donations would be massively appreciated, or even if you cn just pass this on to as many people as possible.
Thanks again.

Http://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/stu-cocker-save-oldham-athletic

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well we need to beat Newcastle away and Everton simple really, still in our hands.
Newcastle will be a tough game. Last home game of the season, the ground will be bouncing.

The Everton game will depend on our next two games, Brentford and Palace at home. We could be on the beach by the time we play you, it could be an absolute cup final ?‍♂️

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hello All,
I dont normally do this so please take it easy on me, I am asking for help.
I am an Oldham Athletic fan of 46 years. Sadly my club is in severe trouble and at risk of going out of business or dropping further into non league due to terrible ownership.
We need new owners but our fans trust ( oasf ) is trying to raise money to buy the ground and land which the owner does not own, this would be a massive step towards brighter days for this once great club.
I will post the link to my just giving page and any donations would be massively appreciated, or even if you cn just pass this on to as many people as possible.
Thanks again.

Http://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/stu-cocker-save-oldham-athletic
I feel your pain, Rotherham Utd went through this about 15 years ago, lots pf points deductions, moving to Don Valley Stadium as no ground of our own and endless liquidations. We came out of it, with the right investment and the right people at the helm. Hope you can raise the money and get back to the League where you belong. This is real football, not the greedy Premier League

Myblueheaven

Visit site
I feel your pain, Rotherham Utd went through this about 15 years ago, lots pf points deductions, moving to Don Valley Stadium as no ground of our own and endless liquidations. We came out of it, with the right investment and the right people at the helm. Hope you can raise the money and get back to the League where you belong. This is real football, not the greedy Premier League
Thanks mate, You have definately turned the corner now ?
Had a few good away days at your old ground, Millmore watching Oldham.
Well done on your promotion and good luck in Championship.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Heard interesting takes post City v Wolves about KDB now having to be in the best 5 central midfielders the Premier League has seen.

So with this in mind, it got me thinking, who is in my top 5 CM's?

1. Paul Scholes
2. Steven Gerrard
3. Frank Lampard
4. David Silva
5. Kevin De Bruyne

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Heard interesting takes post City v Wolves about KDB now having to be in the best 5 central midfielders the Premier League has seen.

1. Paul Scholes
2. Steven Gerrard
3. Frank Lampard
4. David Silva
5. Kevin De Bruyne
Not sure I'd class Silva as a CM, since he generally played further forward. Hard not to put Vieira in there even though he's a gooner.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

1. Paul Scholes
2. Steven Gerrard
3. Frank Lampard
4. David Silva
5. Kevin De Bruyne

I'd have to find a slot for Roy Keane, probably at Silva's expense.
Oh, and where's Bryan Robson ................................ sorry Lamps, you're out.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

1. Paul Scholes
2. Steven Gerrard
3. Frank Lampard
4. David Silva
5. Kevin De Bruyne

Viera
Keane
Gerrard
De Bruyne
Scholes

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Would have to make a case for Yaya Toure to be included. I'd want to include Viera, Scholes, Lampard and Gerrard so would drop KDB out of the top 5 on the grounds that he's a wide midfielder or No.10 rather than a CM. If pushed to include him as a CM then it would be a toss up between Lampard and Gerrard as to who misses out.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Would have to make a case for Yaya Toure to be included. I'd want to include Viera, Scholes, Lampard and Gerrard so would drop KDB out of the top 5 on the grounds that he's a wide midfielder or No.10 rather than a CM. If pushed to include him as a CM then it would be a toss up between Lampard and Gerrard as to who misses out.

Also hadn't considered whether Makelele and Kante have to be considered as CMs. That would make things incredibly difficult in picking just five.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Also hadn't considered whether Makelele and Kante have to be considered as CMs. That would make things incredibly difficult in picking just five.
I'd class them as a defensive midfielder rather than a CM. I think that explains why no one has mentioned them. Otherwise they would be on most peoples lists, imo.

D

Deleted member 18121

Glad to see it's not just Premier League referees that are awful.... This fella doing the Luton Huddersfield game is a disgrace. Incompetent doesn't cover it