The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lampard saying Everton need to show more quality https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60975548

Sorry but as the manager you have to get the best out of your players. If he thought it was going to be easy to manage them he's surely found out what a big task there is. Relegation still a real possibility

Lampard is a moron tbh , heard him on the radio claiming it was the wrong result and they deserved least a point. What game was he watching? a lucky deflected goal to pull level after almost every time we went forward we caused them issues.

yes a red card .. but after we already had taken the lead again.. from a poor defender. who pulled down antonio when he may have broken free but on the half way line?? someone would catch him .. and then to do that stupid tackle edge of the box when he was going nowhere .. just moronic.

it was such an easy game after the card that we could take bowen off for noble and just see out the game...

Cresswell, what is that all about ?

I dont know why he did that.. uncalled for completely.. but richarlson reaction?? what the heck was that.

D

Deleted member 1740

Lampard is a moron tbh , heard him on the radio claiming it was the wrong result and they deserved least a point. What game was he watching? a lucky deflected goal to pull level after almost every time we went forward we caused them issues.

yes a red card .. but after we already had taken the lead again.. from a poor defender. who pulled down antonio when he may have broken free but on the half way line?? someone would catch him .. and then to do that stupid tackle edge of the box when he was going nowhere .. just moronic.

it was such an easy game after the card that we could take bowen off for noble and just see out the game...

I dont know why he did that.. uncalled for completely.. but richarlson reaction?? what the heck was that.

It was a yellow at most. Hes allowed to try and kick the ball. Richarlison actually handballed it and moved the ball so Creswell missed the ball and brushed his chest.

His feigning of face injury is hysterical.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It was a yellow at most. Hes allowed to try and kick the ball. Richarlison actually handballed it and moved the ball so Creswell missed the ball and brushed his chest.

His feigning of face injury is hysterical.

tbh I thought there was intent from cresswell.. used the law to hide behind just a yellow but he could have left that.. the foul was already given no?

D

Deleted member 1740

tbh I thought there was intent from cresswell.. used the law to hide behind just a yellow but he could have left that.. the foul was already given no?

Ronaldo done the same against us on Curtis jones and got a yellow.

You cant prove intent, so on that basis a yellow was sufficient

4LEX

Visit site
I know Gary Neville isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I do wish the club hierarchy would listen to him sometimes. He says what so many fans are saying themselves - throwing money at players is not the solution.

Neville is clueless. He also thought Ole should've had more time and thinks Rashford should've started yesterday when he couldn't trap a bag of cement at the moment. Through Ole's whole tenre Neville was sitting on the fence and papering over the cracks as his mate made a mess of it.

Throwing money at the problem is what every elite club does, the difference is they all have better people running the football side and spend the money well. The idea Utd can get out of this without spending even more money is pie in the sky. The best of the academy is Elanga and he's not good enough to start for any top 8 side. It's embarrassing seeing someone clearly not good enough starting games simply because he runs and puts in a shift.

The moment Woodward picked Pogba and Martial over Mourinho in 2018 he created the toxic arrogance among the players and gave them total power. Terrible contract extensions, overpaying on wages and players aswell as not selling players when they were worth something are other key reasons. Utd haven't got the right people running the club and football side to turn it around.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just want to post my appreciation for craig dawson

what a signing he has been. I know that watford fans didnt rate him but look who he had around him.. hard to judge a defender in a relegation team when all the other defenders have been poor aswell

he came to us on loan as cover for the centre backs.. he has ended up first choice due to loss of form of Diop (hasnt developed to what we hoped) and injuries to zouma and ogbonna.

he is coming up to 32. moyes has history of this with distin and someone i cant remember off top of my head but he signs defenders at older age and gets them performing until their mid to late 30s at a good level.

well played

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Blokes a complete chopper. Google his post match interview after we done them 4-0 in the f.a. Cup, its comedy gold and has had a load of views as its classic David Brent.

Basically he says all was fine for the first 10 minutes (when Everton were on top) cause the players followed his tactics, but after that they were rubbish as they did not follow his brilliant tactics! He then says our first goal was a fluke, 2nd handball, 3rd offside and last a bit lucky.... ???

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just want to post my appreciation for craig dawson

what a signing he has been. I know that watford fans didnt rate him but look who he had around him.. hard to judge a defender in a relegation team when all the other defenders have been poor aswell

he came to us on loan as cover for the centre backs.. he has ended up first choice due to loss of form of Diop (hasnt developed to what we hoped) and injuries to zouma and ogbonna.

he is coming up to 32. moyes has history of this with distin and someone i cant remember off top of my head but he signs defenders at older age and gets them performing until their mid to late 30s at a good level.

well played
I still have this fever dream where manyoo give up on Maguire and we get him on a discount. I'm sure he would quickly return to form in Moyes's system, and we could do with some fresh blood there .

D

Deleted member 1740

Neville is clueless. He also thought Ole should've had more time and thinks Rashford should've started yesterday when he couldn't trap a bag of cement at the moment. Through Ole's whole tenre Neville was sitting on the fence and papering over the cracks as his mate made a mess of it.

Throwing money at the problem is what every elite club does, the difference is they all have better people running the football side and spend the money well. The idea Utd can get out of this without spending even more money is pie in the sky. The best of the academy is Elanga and he's not good enough to start for any top 8 side. It's embarrassing seeing someone clearly not good enough starting games simply because he runs and puts in a shift.

The moment Woodward picked Pogba and Martial over Mourinho in 2018 he created the toxic arrogance among the players and gave them total power. Terrible contract extensions, overpaying on wages and players aswell as not selling players when they were worth something are other key reasons. Utd haven't got the right people running the club and football side to turn it around.

He's far from clueless, he's one of the best pundits out there.

He was defending OGS to a point but he also called them players out. The same ones who are still underperforming under a different manager so maybe he was spot on and not clueless afterall eh.

Swango1980

Visit site
He's far from clueless, he's one of the best pundits out there.

He was defending OGS to a point but he also called them players out. The same ones who are still underperforming under a different manager so maybe he was spot on and not clueless afterall eh.
Agreed. Just because many pundits like to call for managers to be sacked, doesn't mean they all have to. I never remember Neville saying OGS was a great manager and should be there for many years to come. He has also been clear it is not just down to the manager, it goes higher than that. Moyes failed, Van Gaal failed, Mourinho failed, Ole failed and now Ragnick has not yet shown signs of success.

D

Deleted member 1740

Agreed. Just because many pundits like to call for managers to be sacked, doesn't mean they all have to. I never remember Neville saying OGS was a great manager and should be there for many years to come. He has also been clear it is not just down to the manager, it goes higher than that. Moyes failed, Van Gaal failed, Mourinho failed, Ole failed and now Ragnick has not yet shown signs of success.

I dont like to hear pundits calling for managers to be sacked, theyre there to provide professional analysis not stoking the fire.

I liked how Neville tried to protect OGS, he also let it know he was unhappy with how the team was being mangaed etc without going overboard.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I dont like to hear pundits calling for managers to be sacked, theyre there to provide professional analysis not stoking the fire.

I liked how Neville tried to protect OGS, he also let it know he was unhappy with how the team was being mangaed etc without going overboard.

This. Neville always gives a balanced opinion and will give praise when any club does something good but is also fiercely critical when he sees mistakes at a club. He was vocal about Newcastle in particular before (and since) the new owners came in and how it was run under Ashley. Same with Arsenal and their woes since Wenger. He doesn't go out of the way to call for sackings but will say when he thinks players and managers are under performing and making bad decisions. That in my opinion is what a good pundit should be doing

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Pathetic from Villa at the weekend.

Players already on holiday. 8 games till we finish our season, nothing to play for and dont they seem to be showing it.

Need to play Burnley twice still - probably an easy 6 points for them!!!

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Another away game - took my youngsters to Anfield on Sat, probably because it's the last time we'll play there for years. :eek::LOL:.

Made a point of taking the time to visit the Hillsborough Memorial to pay respects and to tell my boys what they needed to know.

Boys loved their day experience - they are getting through quite a few grounds now. I wasn't convinced about the safe standing - didn't do much for my back! Must be an age thing!

We do it all again in a few weeks at The Etihad. :cool:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hopefully you didnt have a seat/standing position in the back 6-8 rows - thats a terrible view, but will be miles better when the new anny road is done.

It wasnt an easy run for us by any stretch.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Another away game - took my youngsters to Anfield on Sat, probably because it's the last time we'll play there for years. :eek::LOL:.

Made a point of taking the time to visit the Hillsborough Memorial to pay respects and to tell my boys what they needed to know.

Boys loved their day experience - they are getting through quite a few grounds now. I wasn't convinced about the safe standing - didn't do much for my back! Must be an age thing!

We do it all again in a few weeks at The Etihad. :cool:

Great complex at the Etihad to be fair! Be sure to walk around it and take in all the match day things they put on - they really invested in it when I was last there in the 2019/20 season (pre-covid)

D

Deleted member 1740

Pathetic from Villa at the weekend.

Players already on holiday. 8 games till we finish our season, nothing to play for and dont they seem to be showing it.

Need to play Burnley twice still - probably an easy 6 points for them!!!

I hope so for obvious reasons.