The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Sky seem desperate for us all to start watching womens football,yet when they go to the grounds there seems to be no one in the stands.
I’m guessing prices aren’t too steep either?
Flogging a dead horse imo.

D

Deleted member 18121

Sky seem desperate for us all to start watching womens football,yet when they go to the grounds there seems to be no one in the stands.
I’m guessing prices aren’t too steep either?
Flogging a dead horse imo.

One of the things that I don't like is that they often don't put WSL etc in the title, so I turn over to watch some football and it's not what I expected.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good game this. Two very organised teams cancelling each other out. Don't think it will be long before Salah comes on.

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Nothing against women's football but its never going to get decent crowds as the quality is just not there imo.Quite a few women's national sides including the USA a few years ago,when they were world champions have been beaten by boys teams as young as 15. Not sure that Sky can keep throwing money at a product that does generate enough interest to rival the men's game.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
One of the things that I don't like is that they often don't put WSL etc in the title, so I turn over to watch some football and it's not what I expected.
Tell me about it - I saw a headline a while back saying "Leicester sack manager and appoint Heskey." Nearly lost my mind until I realised they were on about the women's side. Bloody clickbait.

D

Deleted member 1418

Ah well, the good ship Crisis FC still sails serenely on in the Champions League. (y)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
And again despite a good first half we fold against a top 3 side :( Pretty much gave up after it went 2-0 too rather than having a proper go

Fair play to Liverpool, too good even without Salah, makes for a fun title race at least. Not sure TAA would want to play Martinelli every week.....

Still think long term wed be better off finishing 5th not 4th but try telling that to our fanbase lol

D

Deleted member 15344

Tough game that , Arsenal no pushover at the moment and on that evidence will be the favourites for that 4th spot

Game turned on that save from Alisson then the mistake by Ramsdale at the near post. A little bit of quality from Firmino seals the game

In other news Juventus got smashed at home and out of the CL

D

Deleted member 1740

Diaz lol
Liverpool now have the 3 best divers in the premiership
TAA fantastic range of passing but can’t defend for toffee.
Ramsdale for England ? No thx

Not this again??‍♂️??‍♂️

He's just come up against one of the best wingers in the PL and kept a clean sheet.

Yes he got past him a couple of times, theres never been a full back thats never been ripped once or twice.

Considering you've played the game, you still keep pedalling this myth??‍♂️

Our best 3 divers are still nowhere near the standard of Fernandes.

D

Deleted member 1740

Another 3pts and a clean sheet ?

Mane needs to stay on his feet though, he's much better than that.

A tough game against a really good side. Arteta showing given time he'll turn things around.

I was impressed by Martinelli tonight, injured in the middle of the park, rubbed his foot, got up, hobbled, then noticed there was an attack on and covered 60mtrs quicker than Usain Bolt ??

D

Deleted member 1740

Is Andre Mariner a scouser? Ffs

I thought he was poor for both teams. I cant remember any where he favoured us, im sure you can?

That one where Xhaka fell over the ball because Henderson exhaled 3ft behind and he gave a Arsenal a FK?