The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Big assumption Haaland goes to City, fair chance he ends up in Spain still and if he does City would turn their attention back to Kane in all likelihood

Haaland is a weird one for sure!

Real want Mbappe - have done for years, I dont see them going for him and Haaland. Maybe - but they do also have Benzema so its quite stacked up top for them.

Ive seen Barca linked but Haaland apparently wants mega money, not sure how they afford it!

PSG would be a backwards step.. Only really leaves the prem as an option.

Haha, Conte's not going to stay. :ROFLMAO:

Think he goes PSG if/ when Poch leaves?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Haaland is a weird one for sure!

Real want Mbappe - have done for years, I dont see them going for him and Haaland. Maybe - but they do also have Benzema so its quite stacked up top for them.

Ive seen Barca linked but Haaland apparently wants mega money, not sure how they afford it!

PSG would be a backwards step.. Only really leaves the prem as an option.

Think he goes PSG if/ when Poch leaves?

Expect todays Spotify sponsorship of Barca may mean they have more funds than people were expecting them to have

Also means Ek wont be buying Arsenal no doubt

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm hoping Ten Haag rather than Poch.
Poch just doesn't convince me in any way, shape or form.
As for players, no doubt the board will be basing purchases on shirt sales rather than necessity! :mad:

4LEX

Visit site
I'm hoping Ten Haag rather than Poch.
Poch just doesn't convince me in any way, shape or form.
As for players, no doubt the board will be basing purchases on shirt sales rather than necessity! :mad:

Serious question on what basis does Tan Haag convince you? He's having a poor season with Ajax in a league that is even way below a third rate French league. Struggling to see off a poor PSV side and embarrassed at home in the CL last night. You could argue Stam at Feyenoord is doing better with his limited funds too.

4LEX

Visit site
Looking forward to Arsenal v Liverpool! It'll be interesting to see how Arsenal play against a top side after some excellent performances. Will they do the usual vanishing act or prove the rebuild is going well?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Serious question on what basis does Tan Haag convince you? He's having a poor season with Ajax in a league that is even way below a third rate French league. Struggling to see off a poor PSV side and embarrassed at home in the CL last night. You could argue Stam at Feyenoord is doing better with his limited funds too.
Did Stam leave OT under a cloud. Something in the back of my head says he did but for the life of me I cannot remember what. That said would he go back. I know it’s all hypothetical.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

I currently thin k he's the lesser of two average managers.
If Tuchel enters the ring, however, that'd be a different ball game altogether.

Last edited:

4LEX

Visit site
Did Stam leave OT under a cloud. Something in the back of my head says he did but for the life of me I cannot remember what. That said would he go back. I know it’s all hypothetical.

I don't think it was a huge cloud, just Ferguson making a bad call at the time. To be fair Stam isn't good enough to get an interview for the Utd job, I just used him as an example as to why Tan Haag is vastly overrated. To appoint someone with zero experience in a top league, let alone the Premier League would be madness. He'd have to adjust to a higher quality league and go head to head against 4 of the best managers in the world and Arteta - who has done a great job turning around Arsenal.

Utd should get Poch or Tuchel.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't think it was a huge cloud, just Ferguson making a bad call at the time. To be fair Stam isn't good enough to get an interview for the Utd job, I just used him as an example as to why Tan Haag is vastly overrated. To appoint someone with zero experience in a top league, let alone the Premier League would be madness. He'd have to adjust to a higher quality league and go head to head against 4 of the best managers in the world and Arteta - who has done a great job turning around Arsenal.

Utd should get Poch or Tuchel.

United may be able to get quality players but I don't think they have the work rate, Togetherness and team ethic that someone like poch would flurrish with

Basically hard as it is to say need the Liverpool model and players ability / work rate ratio

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
United may be able to get quality players but I don't think they have the work rate, Togetherness and team ethic that someone like poch would flurrish with

Basically hard as it is to say need the Liverpool model and players ability / work rate ratio
I think re Liverpool and City the players believe in what they are doing. Am not sure the Utd players do. And am not convinced there all singing off the same song sheet.