The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

I think it's my biggest bugbear when a former player or analyst says "There was contact so he was entitled to go down". No he wasn't. If the contact was enough to make the player go down then that's fair enough. Just because there is some contact that's no reason for the player's back to arch and his legs to stop working.

Problem is now there’s genuine fouls not being given because they’re allowing stronger tackles etc. It’s a mess from top to bottom.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Nice to see the Utd fans throwing the bottles at Simeone

it’s them all over - been that way for years , you know exactly how they are going to be - horrible tactics

Ultimately Utd didn’t create enough to win the match - they can blame the ref but the blame is with the players and the manager.

Ronaldo won’t be seen in the CL again now
Not sure about CR7.

If messi can vanish in France, he night get one more year.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
So who is going to be United's next manager? And who will be the marquee signing of the summer? Surely a Centre Back is on the cards?

Big changes needed. Barely contested a league title in almost 10 years!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So who is going to be United's next manager? And who will be the marquee signing of the summer? Surely a Centre Back is on the cards?

This is a fairly fair description of where United are https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60759493

Not sure about marquee signings. If you are a top player, would you really be looking to go to United in the mess they are in at the moment and with no guarantee of CL football next season

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
This is a fairly fair description of where United are https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60759493

Not sure about marquee signings. If you are a top player, would you really be looking to go to United in the mess they are in at the moment and with no guarantee of CL football next season

Good article.

Theres always someone who will go to United though, they've missed CL in the last 9 seasons and still signed players.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Good article.

Theres always someone who will go to United though, they've missed CL in the last 9 seasons and still signed players.

I agree but you can't see any of the current crop of young marquee players like Haaland and others entertaining the prospect. So does that leave them looking for another older player like Ronaldho as a short term solution. Until there is stability and a recognition they aren't a PL winning side from fans and perhaps even the board the problems will continue

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

My bet is they'll sign Harry Kane and leave the defence as it is. Standard United stuff really.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do you think he would really go to Man Utd? It would be in the same league as when Shearer signed for Newcastle and ended up winning sod all ?
I think he's probably fed of hanging around with us. City will be looking at Haaland I expect, or someone younger than Kane anyway. Liverpool won't be looking, so that only leaves United for him really. Could have his head turned by the club stature and the money, plus he's still probably more likely to win an FA Cup or a Europa League with them than he is with us going forward. He won't be looking abroad because he wants Shearer's Prem record.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
There is always going to be an issue when you have a pricetag like Kane. You have probably 5 clubs in England that that could stomach that. City seem to be looking at Haaland now, Liverpool would not pay that much I suspect and currently do not really need him, Chelsea are under sanctions, Newcastle maybe but it may be years before that pays off with medals and so you have United. Abroad you only really have PSG and Real (who knows about what Barca can or cannot afford). Real want Mbappe so there you have it, in an over simplified way from an admitted non football expert. Kane really only has United or PSG as possible options.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Quite frankly when reading Phil McNulty I take everything he says with a massive pinch of salt. He is obsessed with Utd. Everything he writes is either an over reaction or an under reaction. If the price of pies went up a penny at OT he would write a story. Personally I would sooner read what some of the UTD fans on here type.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
There is always going to be an issue when you have a pricetag like Kane. You have probably 5 clubs in England that that could stomach that. City seem to be looking at Haaland now, Liverpool would not pay that much I suspect and currently do not really need him, Chelsea are under sanctions, Newcastle maybe but it may be years before that pays off with medals and so you have United. Abroad you only really have PSG and Real (who knows about what Barca can or cannot afford). Real want Mbappe so there you have it, in an over simplified way from an admitted non football expert. Kane really only has United or PSG as possible options.
This is what I mean. Man Utd are daft enough to throw the money our way, especially if Ronaldo and Cavani jack it in. And it could end up being Kane's only option other than staying with us.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I think he's probably fed of hanging around with us. City will be looking at Haaland I expect, or someone younger than Kane anyway. Liverpool won't be looking, so that only leaves United for him really. Could have his head turned by the club stature and the money, plus he's still probably more likely to win an FA Cup or a Europa League with them than he is with us going forward. He won't be looking abroad because he wants Shearer's Prem record.

Maybe if United get Poch?

Not an easy market for Kane! If Conte stays next season, you could easily win a trophy!