The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

I think the worse thing we could do is rush into another set of bad appointments under self inflicted pressure of time running out in the transfer window.

So of course that being the worst thing we could do it’s exactly what’s going to happen.

Tim Cahill rumour coming in as some sort of technical director is interesting.

I’d settle for Dunc for the rest of the season now, I just can’t see how that’s a worse gamble than the other options.
I’d be happy with Lampard tbh, knows the PL, had Chelsea 4th when he was sacked, gave youth a chance because of the transfer ban and played a decent style of football.

D

Deleted member 1740

I’d be happy with Lampard tbh, knows the PL, had Chelsea 4th when he was sacked, gave youth a chance because of the transfer ban and played a decent style of football.

I'd be worried with Lampard tbh mate. He struggled defensively with Chelsea.

Tuchel has improved them with the same players. You have to hope he's learnt from his mistakes.

Its desperate times right now at Goodison, they need to stay up at all costs.

If they went down this season can you see that squad staying together and would it be enough to get out of the Championship at the 1st attempt?

I'm not sure it is.

D

Deleted member 1740

I think the worse thing we could do is rush into another set of bad appointments under self inflicted pressure of time running out in the transfer window.

So of course that being the worst thing we could do it’s exactly what’s going to happen.

Tim Cahill rumour coming in as some sort of technical director is interesting.

I’d settle for Dunc for the rest of the season now, I just can’t see how that’s a worse gamble than the other options.

He'd take yous down. I'm convinced.

D

Deleted member 16999

I'd be worried with Lampard tbh mate. He struggled defensively with Chelsea.

Tuchel has improved them with the same players. You have to hope he's learnt from his mistakes.

Its desperate times right now at Goodison, they need to stay up at all costs.

If they went down this season can you see that squad staying together and would it be enough to get out of the Championship at the 1st attempt?

I'm not sure it is.
I don’t think it was that bad mate, in his first full season at Chelsea:

- Finished 4th (Same points as 3rd)
- 69 goals scored (3rd best)
- 54 goals conceded (11th best with Kepa)
- Handed 11,700 minutes to academy graduates.
Reached the FA Cup Final.

That would be a massive improvement on where we currently stand.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

TBF he did all of that with far superior players to whats in your squad.

I think a lot of what he did was down to the team being galvanised by circumstance. He then binned off Abraham who'd been a shining light.

Even at Derby it was on the back of Chelsea loans.

I think you'll stay up regardless, but I wouldn't want lampard at saints.

D

Deleted member 1740

Kepa is a better keeper than Pickford an chelsea had a better defence than Everton and his team had the conceded that many goals.

That would worry me alone. Nevermind the rest of the Everton squad.

I can remember watching some of Chelsea's games and some of the defending was horrific.

For a few of the good blues like yourself i hope they stay up, for the majority i hope they go down.

D

Deleted member 15344

Kepa is a better keeper than Pickford an chelsea had a better defence than Everton and his team had the conceded that many goals.

I can remember watching some of Chelsea's games and some of the defending was horrific.

For a few of the good blues like yourself i hope they stay up, for the majority i hope they go down.

But he did shout at Klopp once on the sideline - that’s Everton manager material straight away ?

D

Deleted member 16999

I genuinely believe he’d get more respect than the other idiot (pereira) and maybe we need a change from Big Duncs pure emotion.

A young British manager with nothing to lose suits me.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well its a great time to be a Villa fan.

Done some solid business this window, maybe one more to come too.

Best January window you could ask for considering prices are normally inflated

Well, it's an awful time to be a Man United fan.

Done virtually no business this window, expecting bugger all to change, too.

Worst January window I could ask for considering WE NEED A CDM ............................ still !!!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well, it's an awful time to be a Man United fan.

Done virtually no business this window, expecting bugger all to change, too.

Worst January window I could ask for considering WE NEED A CDM ............................ still !!!

genuine question, which CDM do you actually want and do you think it will change anything?

D

Deleted member 1740

I genuinely believe he’d get more respect than the other idiot (pereira) and maybe we need a change from Big Duncs pure emotion.

A young British manager with nothing to lose suits me.

Why's Pereira an idiot?

Duncan's part of the problem imo. You cant work under 5 managers and not accept responsibility.

Lampard may have nothing to lose, can moshiri afford his business to lose PL money?