The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
No, hadn’t forgot about all the trophies he won there but for me that doesn’t make him a legend. If he had lead the line for all those years then that would be different. Very good player and servant for the club no doubt and not taking away any of his achievements for the club as a player, but not legend status for me.
Was Robbie Fowler not a legend for Liverpool? He didn't score that many more goals for Liverpool than Ole did for Utd, so what did he achieve that makes him a legend for Liverpool?

Legendary status can often be achieved by defining moments. Ole's defining moment was in 99. However, the legendary status is on the foundation of what else he achieved for us.

D

Deleted member 1740

Was Robbie Fowler not a legend for Liverpool? He didn't score that many more goals for Liverpool than Ole did for Utd, so what did he achieve that makes him a legend for Liverpool?

Legendary status can often be achieved by defining moments. Ole's defining moment was in 99. However, the legendary status is on the foundation of what else he achieved for us.

Fowler carried a Liverpool team. Ole never did nor was he capable of.

Was Richardson a better midfielder than Gerrard just because he won a few titles?

No he wasn't.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can anyone think of an excuse for what was seen today? Some managers complain that they do not get the support of the club in the transfer market, so what is Ole's excuse? He has spent $350m since he took over a couple of years ago, also take into account the fact that he already had the likes of Rashford, Shaw, Pogba, Bailly, De Gea, Fred just to mention some. Do not get me wrong I am a LIverpool supporter and loving this and I am sure Klopp wishes he could have had access to Ole money over the last couple of years.

I remember Fergie saying his aim at United when he took over was to knock Liverpool off their perch, the look on his face to see how United has gone sonce he left is funny.

All I can say is keep up the good work Ole.............

Swango1980

Visit site
Fowler carried a Liverpool team. Ole never did nor was he capable of.

Was Richardson a better midfielder than Gerrard just because he won a few titles?

No he wasn't.
I never said he was. I also said legendary status is, in part, defined by being involved in key historic moments. Ole was a little more important to Utd than Keiran Richardson btw.

Swango1980

Visit site
Can anyone think of an excuse for what was seen today? Some managers complain that they do not get the support of the club in the transfer market, so what is Ole's excuse? He has spent $350m since he took over a couple of years ago, also take into account the fact that he already had the likes of Rashford, Shaw, Pogba, Bailly, De Gea, Fred just to mention some. Do not get me wrong I am a LIverpool supporter and loving this and I am sure Klopp wishes he could have had access to Ole money over the last couple of years.

I remember Fergie saying his aim at United when he took over was to knock Liverpool off their perch, the look on his face to see how United has gone sonce he left is funny.

All I can say is keep up the good work Ole.............
Yes, the excuse is Ole is completely inept as a manager. Questions also need to be asked about coaching staff. If certain players simply don't work hard enough, get rid. Surprised Rashford has walked straight back into side. Not interested in developing Sancho, a player we were after for ages. Not interested in playing Lingard, a player who had shown a lot of great form. Diabolical by Ole

D

Deleted member 15344

I never want to forget this day so I’ve made something to hang on the wall.

View attachment 39172

Maybe you could do requests ?

how about this

Really looking forward to the game at the weekend I think we will batter Liverpool.
Keep Salah quiet they don’t have much more.
Looking forward to TAA going forward and Rashford exploiting the space behind him probably get a hatrick”

D

Deleted member 1740

I never said he was. I also said legendary status is, in part, defined by being involved in key historic moments. Ole was a little more important to Utd than Keiran Richardson btw.

Exactly.

Which is why the argument of Gerrard not winning the league doesn't make him the best PL midfielder is bollocks.

All posted by some on here, those who have played the game

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes, the excuse is Ole is completely inept as a manager. Questions also need to be asked about coaching staff. If certain players simply don't work hard enough, get rid. Surprised Rashford has walked straight back into side. Not interested in developing Sancho, a player we were after for ages. Not interested in playing Lingard, a player who had shown a lot of great form. Diabolical by Ole
If I were a Utd supporter (and I'm not), I would be worried about the signals being given to the likes of Sancho, Lingard or the Dutch kid who's name I forget.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Premier league would be utterly vilified if the fans were behaving as they are in France Ligue 1 this season. Marseille fans at it tonight in a game against PSG, which PSG fans are banned from because of their behaviour in the reverse fixture! Neymar taking a corner being protected by a riot policeman with his shield up to stop the bottles being thrown!!!!

Marseille then have to play another game in the week thats a replay from an abandoned one earlier in the season. Last weeks St Etienne game was over an hour late finishing!

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
As an impartial observer Manchester United have chosen several bad managers on the trot and their choices are actually getting worse. Ole was at best a second rate manager who would never have been considered for the job if he had not played for Utd. They have had no structure to their transfer policy that I can see and have squandered a fortune.
The whole structure of the club needs an overhaul especially management and recruitment. They need to find a manager on an upward trajectory who plays with style, who that is I don't know but he's out there.