The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Anthony Taylor is a touch lucky tonight as well

There prob should have been two further reds - Ronaldo for his kick at Jones and Maguire for the foul on Jota as he is clean through

So what are United going to do now with the manager

This time last year they could have had either Tuchel or Pochettino - both looking at long term projects

The managers that can be available right now - Conte who appears to be a more short term manager , Zidane who did wonders at Madrid.

Or do they look at someone like Loew ,try and tempt Mancini away from Italy.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
West Ham beat spurs in a London derby today.

Indeed, I was a bit worried as we had lost our last two games after playing in Europe but I needn’t have been. Tottenham are really poor. I can't believe what a weak footballer Harry Kane has become. One nice cutback pass in the game and a header….That's all he offered. £100M ?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
You know, what really depresses me is hearing Solskjaer say he is the man for the job, and that “we are too close to give up now”.

Too close to what? The club are as far away from winning the Premier League as they have been at any time since 2013. They are absolutely miles away, with this season promising to be a gigantic step backwards from the second place of last season.

No shape, no system, no plan, no leadership, on the pitch or off it. How is that in any way representative of being close to anything positive?

I’m genuinely flummoxed.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

There prob should have been two further reds - Ronaldo for his kick at Jones and Maguire for the foul on Jota as he is clean through

This time last year they could have had either Tuchel or Pochettino - both looking at long term projects

The managers that can be available right now - Conte who appears to be a more short term manager , Zidane who did wonders at Madrid.

Mick McCarthy is free

4LEX

Visit site

You're right, both Ronaldo and Maguire were lucky to stay on. It's as if in these big games the refs have a narrative to keep the game interesting, rather than implement the rules.

Utd missed the boat but will have Poch in charge next season, he's hating it at PSG. Zidane or Conte will be bad moves. The funny thing is Mourinho would've won Utd the title last season if he'd been backed. He wanted Martial and Pogba sold in 2018 and team players bought in. Everything he said has come to light. Won a second rate Utd side two trophies and finished second yet was hated on by Utd fans.

4LEX

Visit site
You know, what really depresses me is hearing Solskjaer say he is the man for the job, and that “we are too close to give up now”.

Too close to what? The club are as far away from winning the Premier League as they have been at any time since 2013. They are absolutely miles away, with this season promising to be a gigantic step backwards from the second place of last season.

No shape, no system, no plan, no leadership, on the pitch or off it. How is that in any way representative of being close to anything positive?

I’m genuinely flummoxed.

Ole is a Championship manager and it's beyond embarrassing he's still there. If he had any self respect he'd resign. Except he doesn't and is waiting for a big payday. Grinning all the way to the bank, proper club legend.

The fans are absolute mugs to put up with it.

4LEX

Visit site
Fowler carried a Liverpool team. Ole never did nor was he capable of.

Was Richardson a better midfielder than Gerrard just because he won a few titles?

No he wasn't.

Fowler was the best finisher of the 90's, even above Shearer. People forget how good he was from 93-99. Ole was just a budget poacher who played in a great side. He was happy to spend most of his career sat on a bench.