The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
much better from Arsenal but Villa been super complicit massive improvement actually picking a midfield. Hopefully theyll stop this stupid theory of who wins the penalty doesnt take it going forward mind! If Mings is an international defender..............
We don’t have a glut of good CBS though.
Havnt watched much of Arsenal this year but they look good .
Gabriel looks a very good player.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We don’t have a glut of good CBS though.
Havnt watched much of Arsenal this year but they look good .
Gabriel looks a very good player.

been very hit and miss, good against a complicit spurs and very good tonight against an awful villa, the rest been nothing to write home about!

we have some good players but rarely put it together of late, players often looking confused as to structure and roles, much better structure tonight with Lokonga in there with Partey and ESR having room to play (hes crucial to most of whats good going forward)

Tavares first full game and to say we didnt miss Tierney a massive compliment :)

4LEX

Visit site
Arsenal are in big trouble if they view that as a very good performance. Started well, missed some great chances and got lucky with a dire VAR decision. Villa's first half was without doubt the worst performance I've seen from a team and manager all season. Smith knew it wasn't working after 15 minutes yet did nothing. Arsenal started the second slowly and got a fortunate goal against the run of play, then Villa dominated and missed 2 absolute sitters. An entertaining but comical game.

Arsenal will finish 6-8th for the next few years, they've become the old Spurs.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Arsenal are in big trouble if they view that as a very good performance. Started well, missed some great chances and got lucky with a dire VAR decision. Villa's first half was without doubt the worst performance I've seen from a team and manager all season. Smith knew it wasn't working after 15 minutes yet did nothing. Arsenal started the second slowly and got a fortunate goal against the run of play, then Villa dominated and missed 2 absolute sitters. An entertaining but comical game.

Arsenal will finish 6-8th for the next few years, they've become the old Spurs.

6th-8th would be a decent result based on current resources and the state the clubs been in for several years

As for that being a very good performance, compared to the most of the others this year it was!!!! Arent we allowed to at least enjoy the games we do win relatively easily (as there is going to be far more that we dont!)

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Seeing reports that Negotiations between Salah & Liverpool have reached a stalemate,apparently he’s wanting over £400k pw & Liverpool are having none of it.
He’ll definitely be at Newcastle next season
??

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Seeing reports that Negotiations between Salah & Liverpool have reached a stalemate,apparently he’s wanting over £400k pw & Liverpool are having none of it.
??

If he’s the best in the world atm that’s a fair weekly wage.
Unfortunately Liverpool haven’t got any oil money and are run the right way,so yes your right he will leave,however he has got 2 years left on his contract.
He will also have to go to a club that never plays Liverpool because he will be upset ??

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
??
I did love the interviews yesterday about how he wanted to stay at liverpool for the rest of his career and sky were reporting this as though it was as simple as that. I don't blame Salah but reporters really shouldn't be showing this as though it's a revelation and will happen as fact. Like any player at a big club, he will stay as long as the pay offer is big enough. If it isn't he is off. The rest is just pr. We know it, they know it, why insult us with these headlines as fact?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
??
It's all paper talk, but if he goes the club will get a decent return on him and buy someone or 2.
I'm not worried, no player is bigger than the club.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's all paper talk, but if he goes the club will get a decent return on him and buy someone or 2.
I'm not worried, no player is bigger than the club.

What do you think they'd get for him next summer, assuming he hasn't signed a new contract before then, as he'll only have a year left on his contract? Would there be clubs contacting his agent and saying if he stays put for an extra year and leaves on a free at the end of his contract they will give him £X per week as there won't be a transfer fee?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What do you think they'd get for him next summer, assuming he hasn't signed a new contract before then, as he'll only have a year left on his contract? Would there be clubs contacting his agent and saying if he stays put for an extra year and leaves on a free at the end of his contract they will give him £X per week as there won't be a transfer fee?
I don't know, but I do think whats happened with Coutinho may temper Salah's own desire to go when you also consider how he didn't light the world up at Chelsea. When a player shines under a particular manager and their playing styles, I think they are better sticking with that situation and looking even better.
Personally, I don't think he will go and think this is all agent and paper talk just to drive up the players price and increase the agent's cut.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I don't know, but I do think whats happened with Coutinho may temper Salah's own desire to go when you also consider how he didn't light the world up at Chelsea. When a player shines under a particular manager and their playing styles, I think they are better sticking with that situation and looking even better.
Personally, I don't think he will go and think this is all agent and paper talk just to drive up the players price and increase the agent's cut.
The only thing Salah will be thinking about is ????
If he can get another £100k pw elsewhere he won’t give a monkeys about Klopp,Coutinho or Chelsea.