The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

I didn't think so when I first saw it. But on replay, his foot was really high, rather than Firminho ducking down. If I did that (which physically I couldn't) I know there's be a chance of kicking someone in the head. So right decision for me.

Really harsh - no intent etc , but I guess it’s got to be if Manes was against Ederson

Time for Atletico to find a way to even it up - Can’t see Simeone lasting long on the sideline

Starting with Trippier and then De Paul diving around

Swango1980

Visit site
Really harsh - no intent etc , but I guess it’s got to be if Manes was against Ederson
I don't think intent matters. I'd imagine no player ever tries to kick someone in the head, or intend to break someones leg. It is about how dangerous their attempt is to control or win the ball, regardless of how genuinely they are trying to win it.

I remember Nani got sent off years ago for trying to control a ball that had just gone over his head, and his foot kicked the defender in the head behind him. Greizman's was certainly more of a red than that one, as Griezmem was in a crowd of players, whereas Nani wasn't necessarily aware anyone was near him.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't think intent matters. I'd imagine no player ever tries to kick someone in the head, or intend to break someones leg. It is about how dangerous their attempt is to control or win the ball, regardless of how genuinely they are trying to win it.

I remember Nani got sent off years ago for trying to control a ball that had just gone over his head, and his foot kicked the defender in the head behind him. Greizman's was certainly more of a red than that one, as Griezmem was in a crowd of players, whereas Nani wasn't necessarily aware anyone was near him.

Intent certainly does matter in some areas of the game. If a player swings a punch at another player but misses he will, or at least should be, sent off for intent. If a player jumps in the air and tries to stamp on another player who gets out of the way then he can be sent off for intent.

Or perhaps it's only that intent matters with deliberate acts like the two examples I've mentioned and in other areas it's endangering an opponent that gets the red card rather than the intent of the challenge.

Swango1980

Visit site
Intent certainly does matter in some areas of the game. If a player swings a punch at another player but misses he will, or at least should be, sent off for intent. If a player jumps in the air and tries to stamp on another player who gets out of the way then he can be sent off for intent.

Or perhaps it's only that intent matters with deliberate acts like the two examples I've mentioned and in other areas it's endangering an opponent that gets the red card rather than the intent of the challenge.
To clarify, I meant intent does not matter in this specific situation.

If a player clearly ever intends to hurt someone, such as punching them and missing, of course it should be a red.

D

Deleted member 15344

And that’s a silly challenge when you know they are going to throw themselves to the ground