The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Simeone running off without shaking hands ?? - about sums him and his team up , petulant children

That’s a big win

D

Deleted member 16999

Great win for Lpool, game was spoilt by the sending off, definite red though.

Horrible team Atletico, summed up by Simeone running down the tunnel at the end.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The commentator thought it was a great game ?
I thought it was shocking football wise .
Some of the worst defending I have seen in the CL.
We were lucky to win that , Alison and the ref in the headlines.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Simeone running off without shaking hands ?? - about sums him and his team up , petulant children

That’s a big win

The bold part annoys me so much. There are some truly wonderful players at Atletico and they choose to play like that!

We absolutely got away with it today. The performance wasn't great by any means before you consider the pen overturn, which was incorrect imo.

But 3 goals away from home in th CL is never to be sniffed. All but through to the next round. Roll on Sunday!

D

Deleted member 16999

The commentator thought it was a great game ?
I thought it was shocking football wise .
Some of the worst defending I have seen in the CL.
We were lucky to win that , Alison and the ref in the headlines.
It was for the neutral, you lot off to a flyer, them getting level, chances etc, both teams could of won it, then the sending off which increased the historyonics from Atletico, then the penalties.

Overall, 90 mins of non-stop action with loads of talking points.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's a win..that's all that matters:)

Exactly this. 9 points from three games played meaning that even a point in the return game against Athletico means Liverpool are almost guaranteed to go through and can rest players for the last two group games. Even an unlikely loss in the next game means they only have to beat Porto at home or AC Milan away to guarantee progress.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It was for the neutral, you lot off to a flyer, them getting level, chances etc, both teams could of won it, then the sending off which increased the historyonics from Atletico, then the penalties.

Overall, 90 mins of non-stop action with loads of talking points.
Yes but no football !
That was my point.

D

Deleted member 15344

Exactly this. 9 points from three games played meaning that even a point in the return game against Athletico means Liverpool are almost guaranteed to go through and can rest players for the last two group games. Even an unlikely loss in the next game means they only have to beat Porto at home or AC Milan away to guarantee progress.

Not bad in the group of Death

Proper ugly win tonight

Swango1980

Visit site
if you can score 3 away at Simeone's Athletico how many will you get against Oles at the wheel ???? ;)
Utds only hope is that Liverpool's defence was pretty shocking at times. Madrid still looked dangerous down to 10 men. Utd can exploit that if they attack to their potential.

Sadly, Utd's defence is even more shocking.

D

Deleted member 16999

Yes but no football !
That was my point.
Lpool dominating possession, ripping them apart in the first 15 minutes, them getting back in to it with counter attacking, good saves from your keeper, 2nd half started brightly and as I said, definite red, but changed the game.

I totally get apart from the result you may of been nervous, but as a neutral it was a great game.(y)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hes more been linked in the director of football position than anything. Although I think someone from city (Wilcox I think) is being linked too.

I would think Gerrard is a shoe in for liverpool 2024 when klopp goes right? Surely he at least waits until then, and if they don’t come in then he can go to another prem club.

I heard the other day that apparently Stevie's contract at Rangers runs out the very next day after Jurgen's does, but will be surprised if he does another 2 years there.

I think the Newcastle job may be available too soon for him. I think he will want to cement a legacy at Rangers by winning the league twice, but could see him leaving there after that.