The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
Why would he leave? Bigger salary, more money to spend on players, it's a big project that he will be part of from the beginning, the PL is an entirely different level to the SPL.
As I said, it would be for the money. Buying better players is a risk possibly not worth taking, as he could get relegated by then. And, would Newcastle see him as a long term successor anyway? Possibly not, as Gerrard may not see them as his long term club. As has been mentioned, if he still has a decent reputation when the Liverpool job comes up, he could be in with a big shout there.

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
How about Ralph Rangnick for Newcastle?
That’s the guy who took Leipzig from nowhere to the top tables by spending money wisely. Currently doing something in Moscow, the step to Saudi Arabian isn’t far from there.
Hes more been linked in the director of football position than anything. Although I think someone from city (Wilcox I think) is being linked too.

I would think Gerrard is a shoe in for liverpool 2024 when klopp goes right? Surely he at least waits until then, and if they don’t come in then he can go to another prem club.

Swango1980

Visit site
The death of Spanish football?

To be honest, when Sky lost the rights to Eleven Sports, I lost all interest in Spanish football. I wonder if that killed a lot of interest in the UK at that point.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’m not really hearing any, mate who is a football coach with ties to the FA says Lampard but for me that would be a worse option that Gerrard. They need someone reasonably big who can bring in some marquee signings come January or they are buggered.

Is the manager really going to be the draw? Think they need 2 or 3 additions in january to try and ensure they stay up before a bigger rebuild in the summer, ideally proven prem league players and the right wage offer will attract decent enough short term options to stay up with a manager organising things well (i guess thats why Emery has been linked), longer term Director of football and the overall plan be more important

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry, I meant surely offside because the offside player was stopping Matip getting across. The guy was pretty much on the goal line, well behind Matip
Yes that’s what took so long imo.
But shocking defending from Kieta he’s there to stop the short corner.
Man on the edge of the box on his own.
We look out of sorts in midfield it needs changing.

Greizman though proper finisher.