The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

Would Pogba play better though with Fabinho in the team with him? He seems to do pretty well when he has Kante there to look after him.

For me, anyone suggesting he can't play well without Kante is talking absolute bollocks.

Yes, having kante around him allows him to be expressive and show his ability but we're talking about a top professional here not a 17yo kid. He needs to take responsibility for his own performances.

I'd have Henderson over him every day of the week. I'm not Henderson's biggest fan neither

If he put the same effort in on the pitch as he does with his hair do's we wouldn't be discussing his performances.

IMO it boils down to his attitude.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
For me, anyone suggesting he can't play well without Kante is talking absolute bollocks.

Yes, having kante around him allows him to be expressive and show his ability but we're talking about a top professional here not a 17yo kid. He needs to take responsibility for his own performances.

I'd have Henderson over him every day of the week. I'm not Henderson's biggest fan neither

If he put the same effort in on the pitch as he does with his hair do's we wouldn't be discussing his performances.

Oh his attitude definitely sucks looking in from the outside, he wouldnt make my 11 from the two sides.

Would be easy to blame Ole, but it was the same problem under Mourinho.

Swango1980

Visit site
Regarding Man Utd Liverpool combined XI, for me it's...

Alisson
Trent
- Van Dijk - Varane - Robertson
Bruno - Fabinho - Pogba
Salah - Ronaldo - Mane
I'm a Utd fan, but Pogba? No point in picking a player on peak ability, better to pick a player who proves they are good in practice on a consistent basis. He does nothing of the sort for Man Utd. On the same logic, you could put Nani as one of the best players to play in the Premier League. However, for every 1 great game, he had 20 in which he was awful.

I'm even starting to question Bruno (marginally). Now that teams have figured out Utd (in the early Ole days, the out and out attack caught teams out compared to the days under Mourinho), none of the attackers have really covered themselves in glory. He does still create chances and has the potential to be a great Man Utd player. But, he gives the ball away a lot, and I question does he take too many risks? We need midfielders who can also control the game and possession, but it is either a defence splitting pass from him, or lose possession and get hammered on the counter.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

I hope the Mods are on to you Stu
Read the rules about swearing
It’s always the same people.
It’s all about attitude:)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm a Utd fan, but Pogba? No point in picking a player on peak ability, better to pick a player who proves they are good in practice on a consistent basis. He does nothing of the sort for Man Utd. On the same logic, you could put Nani as one of the best players to play in the Premier League. However, for every 1 great game, he had 20 in which he was awful.

I'm even starting to question Bruno (marginally). Now that teams have figured out Utd (in the early Ole days, the out and out attack caught teams out compared to the days under Mourinho), none of the attackers have really covered themselves in glory. He does still create chances and has the potential to be a great Man Utd player. But, he gives the ball away a lot, and I question does he take too many risks? We need midfielders who can also control the game and possession, but it is either a defence splitting pass from him, or lose possession and get hammered on the counter.
Yeah, I just looked at the Liverpool midfielders and I didn't really rate any of them higher than Pogba (except Fabinho). If Wijnaldum was still there I'd have picked him. Henderson I think is a bit meh personally. Keita, average. I rate Milner and nearly put him in but he's obviously getting on a bit now. Thiago I basically forgot he even existed. Liverpool's strength isn't really in their midfield. Maybe I'll put Firmino in for Pogba and make it even more attacking. :ROFLMAO:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yeah, I just looked at the Liverpool midfielders and I didn't really rate any of them higher than Pogba (except Fabinho). If Wijnaldum was still there I'd have picked him. Henderson I think is a bit meh personally. Keita, average. I rate Milner and nearly put him in but he's obviously getting on a bit now. Thiago I basically forgot he even existed. Liverpool's strength isn't really in their midfield. Maybe I'll put Firmino in for Pogba and make it even more attacking. :ROFLMAO:

the Ole approach you mean ;)

D

Deleted member 15344

So Anthony Taylor ref for the match and Atwell on VAR ???? odds on a Man Utd pen have been dramatically reduced

D

Deleted member 1740

It would only be Snidey if I went behind your back.
Swearing is not needed to get your point across ?

No it wouldn't. It's snide behaviour but then I expect nothing less from your good self.
Sir sir sir, he swore....pathetic.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Does anyone know why Steve Bruce is still in a job? I get giving him his 1,000th game was a nice touch but surely Monday was the day to say thank you, here's a big cheque. Keeping him just gives allows more games and points to drift.

I'm not really seeing any clear suggestions, any whispers outside of the bookies odds?

D

Deleted member 15344

Does anyone know why Steve Bruce is still in a job? I get giving him his 1,000th game was a nice touch but surely Monday was the day to say thank you, here's a big cheque. Keeping him just gives allows more games and points to drift.

I'm not really seeing any clear suggestions, any whispers outside of the bookies odds?

Still in a job because there aren’t many willing to come into a team looking at relegation

Swango1980

Visit site
Big salary, big project, money to spend. Perhaps they are aiming too high at this point with their hoped for candidates?
They maybe want a bit of time to find the "right" candidate. Even finding a temporary manager until the end of the season has to be considered carefully, given they are in a relegation dog fight.

D

Deleted member 15344

Big salary, big project, money to spend. Perhaps they are aiming too high at this point with their hoped for candidates?

When it comes to these situations Bruce is normally one of the managers they go for - along with Allardyce, Moyes etc

They aren’t going to get a top level manager - so it’s looking at managers like Howe , Lampard even ones like Gerrard will prob turn it down mid season.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

whos going to get more out of this group before they can spend money in January thats available?