The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Watched a bit of the Arsenal game and they were fab u lusssss.
Always thought that they had a great manager.(y)

BTW McGill was always a better player than Grealish
There was only one great player with a daft haircut and he was Dutch.

I can safely assure you that Super John McGinn is well loved at the villa. Vice captain now and a firm fan favourite. Love the meatball!

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Absolutely gutted at the end. We deserved so much more, but thats football sometimes. I'm delighted with PV in charge and some of our signings have been brilliant, added quality in the areas we needed it badly.
Just hope we start getting the 3pts and therefore ease the pressure that comes with being in the bottom 1/3.
Roy did a good job for us as a 'business' and long term future as a club, but at times it was painful to watch. I would have really struggled watching another season.
The buzz is back in the ground, last night was rocking......for 94 minutes....:)

Which was the bigger "we wuz robbed", what they did to you last night, or what you did to them last season?

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Which was the bigger "we wuz robbed", what they did to you last night, or what you did to them last season?

100% what we did last season. We could not string 2 passes together in that game, no shots, no intent to attack and then to round it all off Benteke scores with a volley......jesus the odds on an air shot were short when that cross came over. Last night, Brighton had there moments and looked dangerous at times......last year we looked more dangerous driving back down the M23 :)

Good thing about last night was that I would say at least half of their lot had taken the easy option and left the ground, so at least I know a load of them travelled for most of the day, got treated like crap by the Met and no doubt some of our lot and then missed the goal :)

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Let's have a shout for Brighton! I thought they played really well and apart from the Ayew miss their defence was rock solid. Some great pressing from Palace that stopped Brighton from playing.
They couldn't score against us, and what a goal at the end!!
Great result.

4LEX

Visit site
The PSG V City game was one of the best matches I've seen for years, the quality of football from both sides was seriously impressive. City were brilliant in the first half but paid the price for poor finishing and caught Donarumma at his best. The second half it was more the predictable City. PSG looked better for having Verrati back in midfield and Messi just ran the show.

Swango1980

Visit site
The PSG V City game was one of the best matches I've seen for years, the quality of football from both sides was seriously impressive. City were brilliant in the first half but paid the price for poor finishing and caught Donarumma at his best. The second half it was more the predictable City. PSG looked better for having Verrati back in midfield and Messi just ran the show.
Great goal by Messi, but I rarely saw him the rest of the game. City seemed to dominate possession, but either couldn't break through or wasted great chances when they did. PSG were ruthless in the few opportunities they created. It'll be interesting to see how they do for the rest of the tournament, especially against the big teams. Their big players probably get much limited time on the ball, in comparison to the French league.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Operation Jack Grealish wins nothing at Man City this season - going well!

Great work from ex villain Gueye getting the first goal and a sublime second from Messi!

#anyonebutcity

4LEX

Visit site
Great goal by Messi, but I rarely saw him the rest of the game. City seemed to dominate possession, but either couldn't break through or wasted great chances when they did. PSG were ruthless in the few opportunities they created. It'll be interesting to see how they do for the rest of the tournament, especially against the big teams. Their big players probably get much limited time on the ball, in comparison to the French league.

That's the issue with PSG, the standard of teams they face each week is so bad compared to the big CL games, it's difficult. They go through games at 20-30% domestically. Messi just walks around finding pace, passing and making the odd run. All of the counters came through him. I think if they play like that they'll go very close. Title wrapped up by February/March and focus on the CL.

Neymar must be a nightmare to manager. Literally plays for himself, hardly passes and shoots from stupid range.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Surely this has to spell the end for Koeman at Barca.

Said at the outset that he was never the man for the job. Cheap option that’s going to work out very expensive. Laporta should have gone with his gut at the start of his presidency and given him the heave.

Barca have their issues financially but they deserve better than this inept muppet.

Forza Barca.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Surely this has to spell the end for Koeman at Barca.

Said at the outset that he was never the man for the job. Cheap option that’s going to work out very expensive. Laporta should have gone with his gut at the start of his presidency and given him the heave.

Barca have their issues financially but they deserve better than this inept muppet.

Forza Barca.

I'm not sure that they can afford to fire him at the minute. Was reading that there are some specific clauses in his contract that make firing him very expensive. And also expensive if they don't offer him a one year extension to his existing contract. From memory I think that he gets paid the same whether he gets fired, sees out his existing contract or gets the one year extension. Something to do with him personally paying out £6 million in compensation to get him out of his previous contract when he joined Barca.