The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm not sure that they can afford to fire him at the minute. Was reading that there are some specific clauses in his contract that make firing him very expensive. And also expensive if they don't offer him a one year extension to his existing contract. From memory I think that he gets paid the same whether he gets fired, sees out his existing contract or gets the one year extension. Something to do with him personally paying out £6 million in compensation to get him out of his previous contract when he joined Barca.

Correct. €12m I believe is the total that he would be paid.
But they need to take action as the with him they are out of the CL and not even at the races in the title.

Swango1980

Visit site
Lovely. Sub masterclass by Ole. Cavani, Fred and Lingard all involved in that goal.
Still worrying that Utd look like they will concede every time they lose possession. I know it is a make shift defence, but seems to happen regardless who plays. De Gea had a great game, and thank goodness for Ronaldo. Lingard made amends for his mistake in first game.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A good evening for rivals of Man Utd. The result will gloss over the fact that Utd again played poorly and with little to no direction from the manager. Ole once again sitting in the dugout praying that the quality of the players will overcome his complete lack of tactical ability. He's a busted flush and needs to be replaced asap. I can only assume he's got photos of the owners in compromising positions as he's clearly not up to the job.

Swango1980

Visit site
A good evening for rivals of Man Utd. The result will gloss over the fact that Utd again played poorly and with little to no direction from the manager. Ole once again sitting in the dugout praying that the quality of the players will overcome his complete lack of tactical ability. He's a busted flush and needs to be replaced asap. I can only assume he's got photos of the owners in compromising positions as he's clearly not up to the job.
Can't disagree.

4LEX

Visit site
From the bits of the Utd game I saw, they were lucky not to be 4 down after 60 minutes.

Great to see Ronaldo still showing his class. No chance Ole goes before the end of the season, he'll go in the summer with a lovely pat on the back.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Cant help but wonder where United would be without Ronaldo this season. Signing of the season without a doubt so far (I know that seems obvious but Lukaku was a big move too)