The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
He sold Aguero. Nope he was out of contract. Did he replace him. Google Kayky ?

Sorry but buying an 18 year old to replace Aguero?As I said he hasn’t replaced him.
He could have offered Aguero another contract.
I also believe he’s already said he made a mistake selling him.
Good luck this season you will need some.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Sorry but buying an 18 year old to replace Aguero?As I said he hasn’t replaced him.
I believe Aguero is still injured

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site

Tony they won the league last year, with Aguero on the treatment table most of the year.
Not really a lot to replace.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tony they won the league last year, with Aguero on the treatment table most of the year.

That is very true Simon
However once again failing in the C/L
I think everyone could see he was getting injured a lot and would need replacing once they decided to let him go.
I also believe most could see Jesus was not the answer,although in his own right he’s an ok striker,although it seems this year Pep has started him wide right.

Any team that has a world class player in any position and loses him,if not replaced with the like or even better surely it will effect them.

Surely a manager of Peps experience can see that.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
That is very true Simon
I think everyone could see he was getting injured a lot and would need replacing once they decided to let him go.
I also believe most could see Jesus was not the answer,although in his own right he’s an ok striker,although it seems this year Pep has started him wide right.

Any team that has a world class player in any position and loses him,if not replaced with the like or even better surely it will effect them.

Managers don’t buy players.

Swango1980

Visit site
Very true, but I'd imagine a striker would have been their number 1 target, given they seem to be so strong everywhere else. So, to get Grealish was an interesting move. He fits well to how they play, but they have an abundance of talent in those areas, I'd have thought they'd get a striker above all else. Maybe they felt they could get Grealish AND a striker, so just bit the bullet and got Grealish while they could. Although, in hindsight, if they hadn't spent £100m on Grealish, would they have been able to offer a fee for Kane that Spurs could not refuse? Man City with Kane would probably have been a much more frightening prospect that Man City with just one more excellent midfielder on their squad that they can rotate in and out of the 1st 11.

D

Deleted member 15344

They spent £100mil on Grealish because it was an easy transfer to make - release clause etc

I don’t understand why they went for him when they have a lot of good players for those roles

Aguero played 12 games last season and most of them were early doors - they managed to walk the league using a false 9 most of the games and that’s why they wanted Kane to play that false 9

They will work it out with all the players they have and will challenge for the title. Certainly going to finish above UTD

Tashyboy

Visit site
That is very true Simon

Re Agueroooooooooooo. I don’t think any City fan has a bad word to say about him but unfortunately his legs had gone. Last season he played bit part roles and a couple of goals got some City fans thinking he had one last “ Hurrah” in him. It never happened, partly because of ffp his wages went off the bill to make room for a n other aka Kane. That never materialised because of Levy playing hardball. Kayky was brought in as an eventual successor to Aguero, but not now. He was supposed to arrive in Jan but that has been brought forward for obvious reasons. What I find odd is City have Liam Delap who has been banging them in for fun, but he has never really been given a chance. Is he rated? Well City turned down £15 million from Dortmund for him so he cannot be that bad. Which then leads to the question. Why do Dortmund want Delap when they have Haaland ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Managers don’t buy players.
Managers identify weaknesses, go to their Director of Football, point this out. The Director of Football, if any good, will give a range of options to the manager that suit the criteria of what the manager wants, within the budget available. The Manager will decide with the DoF their wish list, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and then the DoF goes and does their stuff. That is how it should work and I expect it does work at City. Pep is big enough to have that level of say. Clubs that don't include the manager in the process are foolish in the extreme. If Pep was not asking for an Aguero replacement then I would be amazed. The amount of chances they create :eek:. Imagine a Lewandowski or Kane being fed that number of chances.

Swango1980

Visit site
They spent £100mil on Grealish because it was an easy transfer to make - release clause etc

I don’t understand why they went for him when they have a lot of good players for those roles

Aguero played 12 games last season and most of them were early doors - they managed to walk the league using a false 9 most of the games and that’s why they wanted Kane to play that false 9

They will work it out with all the players they have and will challenge for the title. Certainly going to finish above UTD
I doubt anyone using their brain could disagree with that. It is a more than likely possibility. Just wondering why you felt it was a point that needed made when discussing City not buying a striker. Unless their only aim is to finish above Utd and nothing else, at which point you could argue it was not a necessity to buy a striker.

Mind you, it is flattering that the priority from some supporters of other clubs is to simply finish above Utd. Personally, despite Utd easily finishing above Liverpool last season, I wasn't satisfied as I always want us to finish at the very top.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What I find odd is City have Liam Delap who has been banging them in for fun, but he has never really been given a chance. Is he rated? Well City turned down £15 million from Dortmund for him so he cannot be that bad. Which then leads to the question. Why do Dortmund want Delap when they have Harland ?
Dortmund are super smart cookies. They know Harland is off for mega money and they are lining up the next young star. If Delap doesn't work then what is £15m out of Harlands money? If he does work then they bank another £80m or so down the line. They are superb at turning young talent into big money transfers, whilst getting the benefit in the meantime. If Dortmund want him then that is a very good sign (y) (I suspect I am pointing out the obvious to you here but hey ho)

Tashyboy

Visit site
Managers identify weaknesses, go to their Director of Football, point this out. The Director of Football, if any good, will give a range of options to the manager that suit the criteria of what the manager wants, within the budget available. The Manager will decide with the DoF their wish list, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and then the DoF goes and does their stuff. That is how it should work and I expect it does work at City. Pep is big enough to have that level of say. Clubs that don't include the manager in the process are foolish in the extreme. If Pep was not asking for an Aguero replacement then I would be amazed. The amount of chances they create :eek:. Imagine a Lewandowski or Kane being fed that number of chances.
If I had the choice it would be lewandowski. He could teach Delap and others what Ronaldo will be showing Greenwood etc at Utd. ?