The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
Ole really is a clown. Best chance Utd have of winning anything and he oversees that mess. No chance they win the title or CL with a manager of that level.

The side must've cost over £300m and it struggled to create anything clear cut against West Ham's reserves. The subs again weakened the side, an example of terrible management. West Ham put in a shift and looked dangerous on the counter, cracking match.
Usual. Start fairly slowly, like the niceness of Ole rubs off on players, they prance about and concede a goal. Zero urgency or responsibility.

Then you try and score with Martial as a centre forward. Pointless, so easy for defenders, rest of team run into walls. If we had a top centre forward, suddenly the defenders get nervous and get dragged about.

Still, literally no idea what Ole thinks about tactically. Did anyone see him on touchline motivating players, pushing them on. Fixing mistakes? I can't remember seeing him, but why would I? It is like he is playing Championship Manager. Get as many good players as possible, pick a side, give them their positions, then sit back and see what happens.

4LEX

Visit site
Usual. Start fairly slowly, like the niceness of Ole rubs off on players, they prance about and concede a goal. Zero urgency or responsibility.

Then you try and score with Martial as a centre forward. Pointless, so easy for defenders, rest of team run into walls. If we had a top centre forward, suddenly the defenders get nervous and get dragged about.

Still, literally no idea what Ole thinks about tactically. Did anyone see him on touchline motivating players, pushing them on. Fixing mistakes? I can't remember seeing him, but why would I? It is like he is playing Championship Manager. Get as many good players as possible, pick a side, give them their positions, then sit back and see what happens.

The crazy thing is Ole's whole outlook is start fast and press with intensity. Yet it never happens, bar the odd game against City or Liverpool.

The most bizzare aspect is that was the best Utd have played all season in terms of dominating a game and style. I thought DVB and Sancho looked really dangerous and were beating people for fun. Lingard was excellent in the first half too. If Ronaldo had started it would've been a whitewash. Martial is just a paperweight, while Bruno came on and tried to win 2 games by himself. Ole is about to get found out and has no excuses this time.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
First nail in the coffin for Ole.

Dominated possession but the lack of a movement by the CF meant we created nothing and the final ball could never be played.

Fair play to WH, thought the defence played well and they looked dangerous on the counter. Also thought Matic was poor and lucky to stay on the pitch when he kneed the WH player off the ball.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
It had been said time and again. Utd are where they are despite of the manager. He does not get 100% out of his players. Which is fortunate for city Liverpool Chelsea and West Ham. That aside. It’s good for football that the underdogs upset. Apart from the next round ?

Last edited:

Swango1980

Visit site
It had been said time and again. Utd are where they are despite if the manager. He does not get 100% out of his players. Which is fortunate for city Liverpool Chelsea and West Ham. That aside. It’s good for football that the underdogs upset. Apart from the next round ?
Now Utd are out of the EFL Cup, going to be limited game time for Martial, Mata, Telles, Dalot, Lindelof, De Beek and Bailley for the remainder of the season. If only Cavani was fit, it would have been interesting to see how the dynamic of the game in attack would have been different.

I always wonder how this Utd team would do if Pep or Klopp were in charge? Or, another way to look at it is as follows, if Ole was in charge of Liverpool, City or Chelsea, would people still consider them title contenders, with the same likelihood as they are considered now? Utd are generally considered 4th favourites for title, and I go along with that. But, if Utd had Klopp and Liverpool had Ole, would people feel the same?

Bit of a struggle at the moment for managers who were ex players, Ole and Arteta under serious scrutiny this season.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Now Utd are out of the EFL Cup, going to be limited game time for Martial, Mata, Telles, Dalot, Lindelof, De Beek and Bailley for the remainder of the season. If only Cavani was fit, it would have been interesting to see how the dynamic of the game in attack would have been different.

I always wonder how this Utd team would do if Pep or Klopp were in charge? Or, another way to look at it is as follows, if Ole was in charge of Liverpool, City or Chelsea, would people still consider them title contenders, with the same likelihood as they are considered now? Utd are generally considered 4th favourites for title, and I go along with that. But, if Utd had Klopp and Liverpool had Ole, would people feel the same?

Bit of a struggle at the moment for managers who were ex players, Ole and Arteta under serious scrutiny this season.

I think Klopp could win the league with United - maybe not this year but he could do it with their squad. Klopp is absolutely top class - in my opinion, the best of the lot.

Ole is a fraud

Tashyboy

Visit site

This sums it up perfectly for me. Although the thought of City having Ole fills me with dread. I remember Stuart Pearce managing City. We willed him to succeed. He was rammel. I cannot imagine any of the other top three teams going for an inexperienced manager.

Swango1980

Visit site
This sums it up perfectly for me. Although the thought of City having Ole fills me with dread. I remember Stuart Pearce managing City. We willed him to succeed. He was rammel. I cannot imagine any of the other top three teams going for an inexperienced manager.
I'm just fearful that the only reason we have held on to Phil Jones for so long is he will become Utds next manager. Feels like the United owners want a manager who feels grateful to be in that position, rather than one that will might challenge the players egos, and push them to succeed, whilst risking the likes of Pogba huffing and getting his agent to complain.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can totally see where some Utd fans are coming from.
And firstly I would agree I would like to see him on the touch line really laying it down to some of these players.
However you just can’t play your big players in all the matches,you have to play fringe players and let’s be honest they are not good enough for Utds first team,but being in all cups and starting the league well we need a massive squad.
I don’t like seeing Ole and his little clan having hide your mouth conversations all the time I would like to see him more proactive.
Going to the first team imho he’s doing a fairly decent job,yes it could be better football at times.
He’s actually got players who were not performing,performing.
Shaw,Pogba,Greenwood have all vastly improved lately.

I couldn’t care less what Klopp,Pep Tuchel maybe or maybe not be able to do with this squad and I 100% believe we will be above City and Liverpool this year in the P/L.
Klopp is a muppet
Pep is losing his grip,he sells his best striker and doesn’t replace him,and everyone could see his others were not good enough.
I believe if we had Kante we’d win the league as a world class DM is what we need.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pep is losing his grip,he sells his best striker and doesn’t replace him,and everyone could see his others were not good enough.
I reckon they'll get Kane in January. Kane is sulking a bit, he'll probably only have about 6 goals by then. City are under-performing without a striker. They'll be 5th in the league and desperate, they'll throw £135mil our way and we'll probably take it.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I reckon they'll get Kane in January. Kane is sulking a bit, he'll probably only have about 6 goals by then. City are under-performing without a striker. They'll be 5th in the league and desperate, they'll throw £135mil our way and we'll probably take it.

Long as Kane and city are still sulking for end of Oct when we have spurs in league and city in the cup in the same week

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Obviously we see Klopp differently
I actually like him and his honesty at times but TAA best right back in the world I would question.

Mo Salah in the 100 club, fair play.
Just about creeping in to a 2 season wonder:)

He's a muppet one minute, then you like him the next.

Who is the deranged one.

Back to Embarassing tony, again......

Tashyboy

Visit site
I can totally see where some Utd fans are coming from.
And firstly I would agree I would like to see him on the touch line really laying it down to some of these players.
However you just can’t play your big players in all the matches,you have to play fringe players and let’s be honest they are not good enough for Utds first team,but being in all cups and starting the league well we need a massive squad.
I don’t like seeing Ole and his little clan having hide your mouth conversations all the time I would like to see him more proactive.
Going to the first team imho he’s doing a fairly decent job,yes it could be better football at times.
He’s actually got players who were not performing,performing.
Shaw,Pogba,Greenwood have all vastly improved lately.

I couldn’t care less what Klopp,Pep Tuchel maybe or maybe not be able to do with this squad and I 100% believe we will be above City and Liverpool this year in the P/L.
Klopp is a muppet
I believe if we had Kante we’d win the league as a world class DM is what we need.
It is one of the funniest things I have read on this site in a long time.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is one of the funniest things I have read on this site in a long time.

I think he went about the summer the wrong way tbh .

Get Kane accross the line before considering grealish

What do they need more? Plus once you lay down 100 mil on grealish it's going to make Kane's price go up