The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

Palace unlucky not to have been given a penalty against Liverpool when the score was 0-0. I wonder what the decision would have been if a Liverpool player had gone down under that challenge in front of the Kop.

From my seat down the opposite end I thought it was a pen. I've seen the replay on MOTD and I thought Benteke made a meal of it, not enough for a pen imo.

Had it been a Liverpool player gone down it'd been the same result. The days of the kop influencing refs has long gone.

D

Deleted member 1740

Yesterday was the best performance from Palace I can remember at Anfield.

Viera certainly has them playing football and it's a huge improvement on the dross they've served up under previous managers.

It was also an example of why Zaha is still there. Threw himself to the floor at least 4 times yesterday. A waste of a talent.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
From my seat down the opposite end I thought it was a pen. I've seen the replay on MOTD and I thought Benteke made a meal of it, not enough for a pen imo.

Had it been a Liverpool player gone down it'd been the same result. The days of the kop influencing refs has long gone.

That's fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion. Even if it is wrong. ? I think if a Liverpool player had gone down the ref would have given it and VAR wouldn't have overturned it as not a clear and obvious error.

I do think you're wrong on the Kop not influencing the ref. And that's the same for any big home crowd whether it's at Chelsea, Man Utd or elsewhere not just Liverpool.

Swango1980

Visit site
Guess will depend on the player and the situation- Salah did it yesterday when he scored at a vital moment and just seemed to get caught up it all -vanity certainly not something associated with Salah
I've scored lots of goals in the past, some of which have excited me vastly. Despite getting caught up in the moment, I've never ever even considered taking my shirt off.

However, if I was ripped, and millions of people were watching, maybe it is something I might do. Vanity would lead me to do it.

Virtually all of us have some vanity in us. It is probably a vital requirement for a top class sportsman, supreme inner confidence that will also lead to some vanity. So, I have absolutely no doubt it was vanity that lead Salah to take his shirt off.

D

Deleted member 15344

I've scored lots of goals in the past, some of which have excited me vastly. Despite getting caught up in the moment, I've never ever even considered taking my shirt off.

However, if I was ripped, and millions of people were watching, maybe it is something I might do. Vanity would lead me to do it.

Virtually all of us have some vanity in us. It is probably a vital requirement for a top class sportsman, supreme inner confidence that will also lead to some vanity. So, I have absolutely no doubt it was vanity that lead Salah to take his shirt off.

How many of those goals were in front of 50k fans playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world - I don’t think any of us can comprehend that sort of level of feeling when scoring. And the last person I would ever see think about how his body looks in front of the fans is Salah - he isn’t ronaldo

Pin-seeker

Visit site
How many of those goals were in front of 50k fans playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world - I don’t think any of us can comprehend that sort of level of feeling when scoring. And the last person I would ever see think about how his body looks in front of the fans is Salah - he isn’t ronaldo
Yeah Definitely no vanity when it comes to Salah,unlike Ronaldo ????

Attachments

• 3585AA2E-9AA4-46BE-A015-0D6D0ACB03C2.png
    3585AA2E-9AA4-46BE-A015-0D6D0ACB03C2.png
    462.4 KB · Views: 16
D

Deleted member 15344

Yes that’s sad to hear , I was lucky to see him many times in his prime, going to see him when I was a 14 year old lad at White Heart Lane was magical.
Saint and Greavsie was the best football program - he was brilliant. Think we are getting to that stage now were those sports stars from 60-80’s will be passing away - sad news

D

Deleted member 18588

When I was a kid there was very little televised football so it wasn't easy to see players other than live at your own Club.

Nevertheless that didn't stop Greavesie becoming a hero to this Brummie lad.

Loved the way he made goal scoring look so easy and I just wanted to model my own play on him.

And in later life I met him and he again didn't disappoint.

RIP Jimmy.

Swango1980

Visit site
Vanity when Ronaldo does it. Getting carried up in the moment when Salah does it. Nice one.