The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
But you are just picking one incident that is unrelated to the point being suggested in that post.
Exactly, if someone suggests VAR is favouring big clubs and a correct decision suggests otherwise, why is it wrong to suggest the initial comment is wrong. And how exactly is it unrelated, when VAR overturned a decision it is 100% related.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But you are just picking one incident that is unrelated to the point being suggested in that post.

He's on a wind up trying to suggest that Southampton are the big club that got the decision in their favour rather than address the point that the ref over turned a decision against Man City and correctly revoked the red card, but incorrectly reversed the penalty decision.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Exactly, if someone suggests VAR is favouring big clubs and a correct decision suggests otherwise, why is it wrong to suggest the initial comment is wrong. And how exactly is it unrelated, when VAR overturned a decision it is 100% related.

VAR didn't overturn it. The assistant ref flagged for offside and VAR confirmed it. Nothing was overturned in the decision you're talking about.

Swango1980

Visit site
I don't think you understand the definition of "overturned" which is unfortunate.

D

Deleted member 15344

VAR didn’t “overturn” the offside call - it confirmed that the offside call was correct

VAR went in favour of the “big club” when they overturned the penalty and red card

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Palace unlucky not to have been given a penalty against Liverpool when the score was 0-0. I wonder what the decision would have been if a Liverpool player had gone down under that challenge in front of the Kop.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Palace unlucky not to have been given a penalty against Liverpool when the score was 0-0. I wonder what the decision would have been if a Liverpool player had gone down under that challenge in front of the Kop.
No doubt the German cheerleader would have been trying to influence the officials

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So that's Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City who all should have had penalties awarded against them today but didn't. I'm sure that it's all just a coincidence that they happen to be three of the big 6 teams playing against smaller clubs. VAR should be binned and just let the refs get it wrong on their own in favour of the big teams like the good old days.

D

Deleted member 15344

So that's Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City who all should have had penalties awarded against them today but didn't. I'm sure that it's all just a coincidence that they happen to be three of the big 6 teams playing against smaller clubs. VAR should be binned and just let the refs get it wrong on their own in favour of the big teams like the good old days.

Not seen a definitive reply of the Benteke one but they said on 5Live it the exact type of challenge that would have resulted in a penalty last season because there was “contact” but this season with the contact having to be one that makes the player go down as opposed to the player going down feeling the contact ?‍♂️

D

Deleted member 15344

They think a yellow is worth paying to show off their muscles. Or, they think they have a vitally important message to get across by writing a message on their under shirt. Vanity

Guess will depend on the player and the situation- Salah did it yesterday when he scored at a vital moment and just seemed to get caught up it all -vanity certainly not something associated with Salah

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

I’ve just seen the Walker tackle, it’s good the refs are going to the tv monitors but it beggars belief that he didn’t award a penalty.

Hard luck on Southampton.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not seen a definitive reply of the Benteke one but they said on 5Live it the exact type of challenge that would have resulted in a penalty last season because there was “contact” but this season with the contact having to be one that makes the player go down as opposed to the player going down feeling the contact ?‍♂️

The Liverpool defender stepped across and stuck his leg out to block Benteke who was going for the ball. It looked like it took Benteke down rather than him looking for it. Would have had to have been a red card as well as the defender wasn't trying to play the ball.