The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

What ticket issue?

I watched the Liverpool game last night. Really enjoyed it!! Never thought Liverpool would lose it, but they decided to stress out the locals!

All PL clubs have gone digitally now where tickets are on the phone.

Unfortunately it's not working as quick as the old fancard system. Queues are massive to get in, system is very hit and miss, user error etc

Last 4 home games I've had issues getting in. Using a Samsung S20+ so I'm on an upto date handset/software.

It's not user error as I use Google pay everyday with no issues.

It's like talking to a Brickwall at the moment trying to get through to the none existent customer services dept.

Honestly I feel like jibbing it all together, its a complete ball ache.

A lad we go with had to go and queue up at the Ticket office and got a paper ticket as their system wouldn't recognise his Handset. He walked in at half time. £55 for that.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm a United fan and Ole embarrasses me.

United's squad, in my opinion, is not far off the best squad in history of PL (despite no Roy Keane leadership). But, excuses are continually made for Ole. Weak defensive midfield, not Ole's fault.

I've never really watched a top.side and thought they've the perfect player in ever position.

I'm for giving him this season to bring home silverware. He's rightly been given time and built a team that should challenge.

If he can't then as much as it pains me to say it, he's got to go. Big question is who would you bring in ? Poch isn't setting the world on fire with PSG. Zidane failed with Madrid. Mancini? Flick?

D

Deleted member 1740

I'm for giving him this season to bring home silverware. He's rightly been given time and built a team that should challenge.

If he can't then as much as it pains me to say it, he's got to go. Big question is who would you bring in ? Poch isn't setting the world on fire with PSG. Zidane failed with Madrid. Mancini? Flick?

Give him 2 seasons Junior ?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
All PL clubs have gone digitally now where tickets are on the phone.

Unfortunately it's not working as quick as the old fancard system. Queues are massive to get in, system is very hit and miss, user error etc

Last 4 home games I've had issues getting in. Using a Samsung S20+ so I'm on an upto date handset/software.

It's not user error as I use Google pay everyday with no issues.

It's like talking to a Brickwall at the moment trying to get through to the none existent customer services dept.

Honestly I feel like jibbing it all together, its a complete ball ache.

A lad we go with had to go and queue up at the Ticket office and got a paper ticket as their system wouldn't recognise his Handset. He walked in at half time. £55 for that.

Similar at the LS, carnage trying to get in, there is a steward on every pair of turnstiles showing people how to make the barcode slightly bigger so the reader can see it. Doesn’t help when some people’s phones screen turn off when they put them in the reader! Absolute mess. I just print my tickets every week to be on the safe side.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Played 2 good teams when it mattered and crumbled.

I know what my own 2 eyes seen, England are not the 3rd best team in Europe, nevermind the world.
I’m not sure who’s better than them on paper but I’d fancy France, Italy and Belgium on their best day to beat England on their best day but I don’t think there’s much in it

D

Deleted member 15344

Lack of quality outside of Europe has lead to this.

I don’t know what relevance the rankings

But the No1 club is Belgium ? Then Brazil at 2

The teams that won the last three major comps - France , Italy and Argentina - all below England ?‍♂️. Makes it a bit of a joke

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don’t know what relevance the rankings

But the No1 club is Belgium ? Then Brazil at 2

The teams that won the last three major comps - France , Italy and Argentina - all below England ?‍♂️. Makes it a bit of a joke

Which proves why you should always take these rankings with a pinch of salt ? I think any reasonably sane football fan knows England is a top 10 ranked side and can maybe beat a lower ranked team on a good day.

D

Deleted member 15344

Which proves why you should always take these rankings with a pinch of salt ? I think any reasonably sane football fan knows England is a top 10 ranked side and can maybe beat a lower ranked team on a good day.

i can understand Rankings in individual sports where you are mainly playing the same fields and against the same oppo and then they are used for entrance into comps etc

They use the coefficients for the European club comps which is based on results in that comp but international football rankings - seem bizarre

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I’m not sure who’s better than them on paper but I’d fancy France, Italy and Belgium on their best day to beat England on their best day but I don’t think there’s much in it
It’s ok saying “on their best day” but you can’t give points for what teams can potentially do.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Tashyboy selling out and going in the padded seats eh, who would've thought eh Tashy lad???
?? it was a last minute, well a couple of da ago decision to go. We went in £45 seats as against the £20 ones. Very nice indeed. I went with the intentions of possibly treating grandson to a shirt. ? £75 for a shirt with de Bryune on the back for a kid. But we will knock 20% off. £60 for a kids shirt. I will defend my tram to the hilt when I see fit, But on this occasion, the people that sanction that are robbing stewards.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Saw Henderson interviewed along with Pep after the footie yesterday. On both tables were a Heineken bottle and another company bot at 90%.
Has anybody any idea, LP is usually good at this type of information how much companies pay for this privilege!