The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
How does that make him - “the least inform” as you suggested , TAA was the outstanding player for a team that was the in form team in the Prem in the last ten games. How have you judged that he is “The least inform” out of the four
You seem to be mistaking the least in form with out of form. Let’s leave it there.

D

Deleted member 15344

You seem to be mistaking the least in form with out of form. Let’s leave it there.

What’s wrong ? Not like you to not back up your statement when challenged

You said he was “least in form” - can you explain how you come to that judgement when you look at the last ten games he played

D

Deleted member 1418

On the England right back issue, wouldn't surprise me if James starts in a back three, especially with the injury issues with cement head. James will be a better option there than Walker.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sounds like Nuno has finished talking to Palace and headed north for a chat with Everton now too :)
Come on Nuno, come on north. Lovely sunny day on Merseyside, have a look at the model of the nice new stadium, look at the transfer kitty :LOL:. Compare that with Palace...............(sorry Palace fans for this cheap and unnecessary dig but hey, we need a manager quickly)

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
What’s wrong ? Not like you to not back up your statement when challenged

You said he was “least in form” - can you explain how you come to that judgement when you look at the last ten games he played
It’s just my opinion. Don’t beat yourself up about it. It’s not like I claimed Oli Watkins was in the squad or anything demonstrably incorrect.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
The way TAA plays within the team gives him the license to go high - that allows teams to get behind him , when we had VVD and Gomez covering then it was risk that was ok as both had the pace cover. When both got injured TAA still played the high line and didn’t have the cover so he was being caught out by the tactics employed by the manager as opposed to his ability to defend. The latter games when Fabinho was back to the middle that allowed the cover more .

It will come down to how Southgate wants to play it I guess

TAA is the only right back I have seen in the past couple of years that has dominated a match and destroyed teams

What game are you talking about Phil
I presume you meant he had a very good game and set up a goal or 2
Dominated a game from right back absolute comedy gold.
Keep em coming :)

D

Deleted member 15344

On the England right back issue, wouldn't surprise me if James starts in a back three, especially with the injury issues with cement head. James will be a better option there than Walker.
Cement head ??? @PieMan
F3BD2F8F-9B5C-4585-96BC-D003F3AC8420.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not a great start, tournament has not even begun yet and Scotland have 1 positive case and 6 others isolating as a precaution. (not having a dig at Scotland just at how precarious the situation is).

Anyone know what the tournament rules are if a match has to be cancelled due to a covid outbreak in a team. Guessing that any significant number needing a 14 day isolation would effectively take a whole team out of the tournament.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
But he's only played exclusively as a right back for Liverpool? Our group games are against Croatia, Scotland and Czech Rep. The latter two you would want your most attacking presence out wide, and even Croatia are not the team they were in my opinion.

We could dig down into the stats but I'm not sure James or Trippier are wildly better defensively than Trent anyway. The only really good defensive right back out there is Wan-Bissaka and he has missed out.

Astonishingly!