• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Locals are getting restless........

Alex Kay-Jelski @AlexKayJelski
59s
Spurs fans rowing over Nuno out in East Stand.

Some being restrained by security guards as they try get to people they are disagreeing with.

Not a good night here

Swango1980

Visit site
United will convince no one, especially as Spurs look terrible. But, it shows that Utd cannot just go into every match and think they can play lovely quick attacking football. They get battered by average sides let alone good ones. But, definitely played like a team for once, showed grit and discipline. Maguire still looks shaky at times, but Varane very composed and just seems to go about his business efficiently.

And Ronaldo, what a player. Cavani too

D

Deleted member 15344

Great work - that keeps him at the wheel ?
6E72FE41-1D08-4777-A139-BD466A9CC70B.jpeg
Neville going overboard was beyond funny ???

As for Spurs - how poor are they now , and Kane - embarrassing

D

Deleted member 16999

Everyone blaming Ole last week,but what’s changed.
Players working hard,doing their jobs properly and some class chucked in as well.
And some questioning Ronaldo signing ?
Difficult for some to give Ole any credit as well.?‍♂️

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Players working hard,doing their jobs properly and some class chucked in as well.

A good result, and Solskjaer certainly set United up to be difficult to beat, but I’m quite sure even those with the most rose tinted glasses won’t get carried away. If we wanted a game in which to see a reaction, they don’t come much easier than that.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ole set them up well tonight to get at least a draw, with three very good finishes getting them the win. Don't think that a game against Spurs is that useful in terms of judging Ole or Utd with Atalanta, Man City, Villareal and Chelsea coming up in their next 5 games that's the time to judge the manager and team.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
A good result, and Solskjaer certainly set United up to be difficult to beat, but I’m quite sure even those with the most rose tinted glasses won’t get carried away. If we wanted a game in which to see a reaction, they don’t come much easier than that.

After last week’s game people were saying we had no identity etc.
This week we had,that is down to Ole telling players don’t chase lost causes alone,hunt in packs al la Liverpool.
Imo he is a good coach.
No he’s not up there with the best but at least he learnt from last week.
Is he the long term solution,well that remains to be seen.
Unless things go seriously down hill I believe he will get time and backing,so I will back him personally.

Billysboots

Visit site
Ole set them up well tonight to get at least a draw, with three very good finishes getting them the win. Don't think that a game against Spurs is that useful in terms of judging Ole or Utd with Atalanta, Man City, Villareal and Chelsea coming up in their next 5 games that's the time to judge the manager and team.

Spot on. But I’ll doubtless still get it in the neck for failing to say Olé is the new managerial messiah. He’s not, never will be, and the fact he managed to see what most have been seeing for months, in that we are not compact enough defensively, does not suddenly make him some sort of visionary.

Billysboots

Visit site
After last week’s game people were saying we had no identity etc.
This week we had,that is down to Ole telling players don’t chase lost causes alone,hunt in packs al la Liverpool.
Imo he is a good coach.
No he’s not up there with the best but at least he learnt from last week.
Is he the long term solution,well that remains to be seen.
Unless things go seriously down hill I believe he will get time and backing,so I will back him personally.

We will clearly not agree. He’s not a good coach, he’s naive, and has absolutely no pedigree to fall back on. He’s punching way above his weight, and is absolutely not the man to take this squad to the next level.

I like the guy. I would absolutely love to be proved wrong. But I just can’t see it happening.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
much prefer that formation for United

teams should play to their strengths and let's face it defensive side of the game isn't theirs so this helps address it . I mean when Moyes came to us he set us up like this and we vastly improved at the back even with the left back at CB!.. so with better players it should work well

really helps get the best out of Shaw as he can bomb forward even more

Would like to see greenwood up with Ronaldo

onto spurs.......

my goodness. I used to think they weren't a one man team but boy with Kane playing this bad he is dragging them down

surely it's time to bench him to get his head right .. see if the team can find something without him for a bit

I hope that nuno is at the wheel for Xmas as I really want him to be there for the cup match..

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Spot on. But I’ll doubtless still get it in the neck for failing to say Olé is the new managerial messiah. He’s not, never will be, and the fact he managed to see what most have been seeing for months, in that we are not compact enough defensively, does not suddenly make him some sort of visionary.
I think you are a DM and CM away from a good team.
If he buys them I think you will be top four no problem.

Swango1980

Visit site
What changed is Ole changed formation completely. He made big mistakes, especially against Liverpool, by thinking he could play attacking football. Clearly he was under pressure this week, there is no way he could try the same style. I had mates on whatsapp being critical about lack of pace in team, and bloody McFred again. I actually defended that, it seemed the way to go.

So, I will definitely give him credit this week. But, this week does not suddenly make Ole a great coach. It was the first game I can remember in a long long time I actually felt relaxed early into 2nd half. If it is the catalyst to start building a solid side finally, absolutely fair play to Ole. I'm sure he'll get his chance until end of season at least, unless they get fooled again into thinking they can boss games playing attacking football.

One thing never in doubt for me, the quality of Ronaldo. I'll never question Utd bringing him back, sheer class.

Billysboots

Visit site
Why is Lingard not getting more game time, he was excellent at West Ham last season?

Heaven knows. I’m really surprised he’s still at the club - he’s no more than a squad player, whether anyone agrees with that or not.

I really enjoyed watching his rebirth at West Ham last season, and just hope this season doesn’t undo the hard work he clearly put in under Moyes.