The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Well maybe if the big Leeds fan actually went out on a limb and educated us, or found a nuance in an argument he wouldn't get short shrift, as can only be bothered having a proper discussion with people who at least offer counter arguments than just little crap digs.

I'll wait, he still has time to recover.

All fans become arrogant when they have a few years at the top, I'm enjoying our sliver of limelight again, may be some time before Leeds do again. ;)

I'll give you Malaga away, if you show me a stub. :)

There is no nuanced argument to be had. The Liverpool fans on here are so blinkered its comical.

I'm rather enjoying being back in the PL. It amuses me how arrogant and out of touch, fans of the so called big teams have become. Especially how much of a sense of entitlement Liverpool and ManU fans in particular have.

D

Deleted member 15344

There is no nuanced argument to be had. The Liverpool fans on here are so blinkered its comical.

I'm rather enjoying being back in the PL. It amuses me how arrogant and out of touch, fans of the so called big teams have become. Especially how much of a sense of entitlement Liverpool and ManU fans in particular have.

Blinkered or have faith in the players ?

The current Liverpool team have proven their ability a number of times yet some will continue to dismiss them

Multiple players within the team have won multiple awards and produced the results on the pitch - when we say we believe we have the best 11 in the Prem it’s from a position of seeing what that 11 can do on the pitch and also how the other teams have done in the same space

We don’t believe we are “entitled” to anything

But it’s great to see Leeds back in the Prem - maybe not some of their fans as witnessed last weekend

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

The current Liverpool team have proven their ability a number of times yet some will continue to dismiss them

Multiple players within the team have won multiple awards and produced the results on the pitch - when we say we believe we have the best 11 in the Prem it’s from a position of seeing what that 11 can do on the pitch and also how the other teams have done in the same space

But it’s great to see Leeds back in the Prem - maybe not some of their fans as witnessed last weekend

Unfortunately some of our so called fans are utter scumbags. Just as, unfortunately every team has their share of utter scomebags.

D

Deleted member 15344

Unfortunately some of our so called fans are utter scumbags. Just as, unfortunately every team has their share of utter scomebags.

They most certainly do and it’s a shame that the element that stains every club hasn’t left after the pandemic

Right now for us in some way it’s good that everyone has written us off - we prob need to ensure we keep more fit than others but if we do win the title it’s going to be a heck of celebration

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Yep, no nuance or counter argument to be had here, as you were.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Well maybe if the big Leeds fan actually went out on a limb and educated us, or found a nuance in an argument he wouldn't get short shrift, as can only be bothered having a proper discussion with people who at least offer counter arguments than just little crap digs.

I'll wait, he still has time to recover.

All fans become arrogant when they have a few years at the top, I'm enjoying our sliver of limelight again, may be some time before Leeds do again. ;)

I'll give you Malaga away, if you show me a stub. :)

Will you accept Almeria at home and many Los Gallardos stubs? My over 60’s season ticket for Almeria is €120, and as of 2 weeks ago we can finally attend a full stadium. Mind you, it’s an Arab owner!

BTW, Liverpool 3rd or 4th providing Van Dijk doesn’t get injured.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site

Like many dismissing the Man Utd team that won more premier league games than everyone bar City last year and lost the least (ok we tied with City on this)........Oh and Ole's side finished above Jurgens last season yet Jurgen is a God and Ole is a joke?????? Klopp hadn't achieved what Ole has achieved in the same amount of time at the respective clubs.

Beyond my Man U and Liverpool bants, the wider point is its hard for us all not to have our tinted glasses on. That's why I'd give Ole another season.

Personally, Chelsea win it, City 2nd.

D

Deleted member 15344

Like many dismissing the Man Utd team that won more premier league games than everyone bar City last year and lost the least (ok we tied with City on this)........Oh and Ole's side finished above Jurgens last season yet Jurgen is a God and Ole is a joke?????? Klopp hadn't achieved what Ole has achieved in the same amount of time at the respective clubs.

Beyond my Man U and Liverpool bants, the wider point is its hard for us all not to have our tinted glasses on. That's why I'd give Ole another season.

Personally, Chelsea win it, City 2nd.

There are a number of things that need to be added to give context to the Klopp vs OGS comparison in regards their I think it’s first 100 games - Klopp in those years 15-18 took the team from 8th to 4th to 2nd and a CL final and EL final. The team OGS took over were 2nd the season before

The team that each respective manager took over - OGS took over a team that Mourinho and Van Gaal spent millions on.

OGS has spent over £400mil in those first 100 games around £320mil net spend. Klopp around £230mil and made a profit

If Man Utd fans want to use that for them to give OGS another season then fair enough - For us we knew that Klopp was a manager who had already had success at a top team in a major league

And last season - yep it was OGS best season for UTD , and did get above us , again context will show how decimated our team was with injuries and missing such a unprecedented level of players was a key reason why we only finished 3rd last season.

I’m pretty confident that we will have success again under Klopp - he has proven it , OGS as yet hasn’t proven it and I have seen the same sort of thing with our club over the years .If he does become successful I’ll hold my hand up and say I got it very wrong about him.

And whilst not wanting utd to have any success to see a manager who has been part of the club does have a bit of a special feel when they are successful

Last edited by a moderator:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
95%+ of fans couldn’t care less how much money is spent. Its who finishes 1st that counts. There’s no mileage in we finished 2nd but only coz they spent more. Who gives a flying fig?

D

Deleted member 15344

95%+ of fans couldn’t care less how much money is spent. Its who finishes 1st that counts. There’s no mileage in we finished 2nd but only coz they spent more. Who gives a flying fig?

Money spent is always key , it’s why they brought financial rules in and also looking at bringing in more , I guess the likes of Barcelona fans etc now care about how much money Is spent because it’s crippled their club , same with Inter. It also helps show what a manager needs to be successful or how a club works , would Pep be as successful without having unlimited funds for example or would Klopp look at different players if the club didn’t just spend the money they make. I guess that’s the way modern football has become when they now have net spend tables - at one point it was good to be at the bottom of it now it seems you need to be at the top of it and you can only be successful if you spend spend spend and then what money is it they are spending - loans, more debt , owners bank money etc

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Money spent is always key , it’s why they brought financial rules in and also looking at bringing in more , I guess the likes of Barcelona fans etc now care about how much money Is spent because it’s crippled their club , same with Inter. It also helps show what a manager needs to be successful or how a club works , would Pep be as successful without having unlimited funds for example or would Klopp look at different players if the club didn’t just spend the money they make. I guess that’s the way modern football has become when they now have net spend tables - at one point it was good to be at the bottom of it now it seems you need to be at the top of it and you can only be successful if you spend spend spend and then what money is it they are spending - loans, more debt , owners bank money etc

I could understand this thinking if you weren't one of the top 6. Leicester a prime example, won the league then had to sell the key components.

You are aware you made the biggest net loss of -126.8 million in the league the year you won the Champions league right? (18/19), over 10x the loss that city made that season.

D

Deleted member 15344

I could understand this thinking if you weren't one of the top 6. Leicester a prime example, won the league then had to sell the key components.

You are aware you made the biggest net loss of -126.8 million in the league the year you won the Champions league right? (18/19), over 10x the loss that city made that season.

Yes we did make the biggest loss that year because of the players bought in the summer - the year before we made a profit of just over £150mil I think it was - it was all down to the player sales before the year end of the accounts and the player purchases after. So it’s balanced out over the two accounting years.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Are Leeds fans not lording it over Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United, Boro, Bradford fans now?

Its what football fans do.

Last edited:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

But it shouldn’t just be about net spend. What’s the point of carrying £500m debt but having a good net spend. Being able to service the debt is great but racking it up, as ALL the top clubs have done, is a gamble. Great if it pays off in terms of success but the debt is still there when things go west aka Arsenal.

Good financial planning is now often done on a 5 year rolling plan. Planning for a £500m debt on a wish and a prayer isn’t good planning. All the top clubs are doing it, and none are squeaky clean, inc Liverpool.