The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Awful decision by Moyes and shows a lack of faith in Rice. Hope he holds his hands up to that. Also hope Noble hangs his boots up tonight, he’s hanging around the place like a bad smell. “club Captain”?

Been saying this for ages. Should have been sent to the glue factory last season.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The first one was never a penalty the second one was.

I was disappointed for West Ham thought they deserved a draw, Rice made me laugh after he made that long burst at the end he looked absolutely knackered when he walked back, only 22 and he’s very impressive

And some fans don't rate him

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I’m surprised nobody has raised the issue of players having to be on a pitch when a penalty is awarded to actually take it.

Personally, I’m really not comfortable with a club being allowed to use a sub specifically for the purpose of taking a penalty already awarded. It’s bordering on special teams tactics that I used to see in American Football when I followed it years ago.

By all means bring on a ‘keeper with a shootout on the horizon, or penalty takers for the same reason (notwithstanding the fact it doesn’t always pay off ?). But West Ham being awarded a penalty and being allowed to bring Noble on for him to take it just doesn’t sit right. It should be taken by a player who was on the pitch when the spot kick was actually awarded.

Swango1980

Visit site
I’m surprised nobody has raised the issue of players having to be on a pitch when a penalty is awarded to actually take it.

Personally, I’m really not comfortable with a club being allowed to use a sub specifically for the purpose of taking a penalty already awarded. It’s bordering on special teams tactics that I used to see in American Football when I followed it years ago.

By all means bring on a ‘keeper with a shootout on the horizon, or penalty takers for the same reason (notwithstanding the fact it doesn’t always pay off ?). But West Ham being awarded a penalty and being allowed to bring Noble on for him to take it just doesn’t sit right. It should be taken by a player who was on the pitch when the spot kick was actually awarded.
Would you day the same about corners, free kicks, throw ins and kick offs?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I've always been in the camp of the player who wins the pen should have to take it

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Would you day the same about corners, free kicks, throw ins and kick offs?

There’s a bit of a difference, to be fair!

Whilst I get that some players are better at free kicks than others, I really do think there’s more at stake with penalties, which are absolutely clear cut scoring opportunities.

If I was a West Ham fan and I saw Bruno Fernandes trot on from the bench to grab a point from a 93rd minute penalty I’d be a tad miffed.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

The problem is, substitutions are made when play has stopped. throw ins, free kicks, corners and penalties.

D

Deleted member 15344

Looks like this game zero thing is going to Include the goals as well

Apparently as well Kane is staying at Spurs

4LEX

Visit site
Gotta say that West Ham v Utd game was a cracker. Both teams played well, Utd going forward and West Ham defending. Man Utd are such a better team with Ronaldo in it, he's ridiculous. Holds it up, great passing, movement and just runs the attack and gives them the focal point they've missed for years. He should've scored a few more today though.

The penalty decisions were horrible in that game. He was fouled twice and nothing given, not even a review. The second was stonewall. Shaw's handball was the right decision but amazing it wasn't given at the time. VAR and the ref lost control and it looked like due to their mistakes, they might ignore the handball to "even things up" at the end.

Get rid of it, simple as that.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Worst decision Moyes has ever made for us

Sentiment has no place in football
Sentiment? I think the issue might've been nobody else in your side can take a penalty. Still an awful decision though, when will managers learn it's not easy to walk onto a pitch stone cold and bury a penalty with your first kick?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
The first one was never a penalty the second one was.

I was disappointed for West Ham thought they deserved a draw, Rice made me laugh after he made that long burst at the end he looked absolutely knackered when he walked back, only 22 and he’s very impressive

Not on my telly, not even close!
We're you borrowing Phil's glasses. ;)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sentiment? I think the issue might've been nobody else in your side can take a penalty. Still an awful decision though, when will managers learn it's not easy to walk onto a pitch stone cold and bury a penalty with your first kick?

Na it was sentiment, last min in his last season

We have had pens before and he hasn't come on

Rice can take them

Soucek has a brilliant record

Yarmeleko aswell

Noble was pure get him on and give him a goal

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

No real need to make a rule for it when it basically never works! We saw at the Euros and we've seen it before with Vardy against Spurs a while back.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Na it was sentiment, last min in his last season

We have had pens before and he hasn't come on

Rice can take them

Soucek has a brilliant record

Yarmeleko aswell

Noble was pure get him on and give him a goal
The interviewer I just saw said that you'd missed 4 of your last 5 or something, but Moyes claimed he wasn't thinking about that, just Noble's record of scoring them. ??‍♂️

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The interviewer I just saw said that you'd missed 4 of your last 5 or something, but Moyes claimed he wasn't thinking about that, just Noble's record of scoring them. ??‍♂️

Moyes is covering his own mistake

We have had misses since going with sentiment

Antonio for getting him up the scoring charts (too laid back. Awful pen taker)

Rice to give him more goals (not a natural taker)

Soucek in the squad has a very good record .. just never given the chance for us.

Even cresswell would leather it