The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

The European Spots 5th to 7th are going to be hotly contested

Everton - have started the season well but seem to be missing any X factor when DCL is out

Leicester - missing Fofana seems to have hurt them a little bit and they haven’t started well

West Ham - carried on from last season , look bright in midfield but who scores if Antonio is out

Spurs - going to rely on Kane and Son , thought they looked pretty poor today and looked very flat , Kane looked way off the pace

Arsenal - manager very naive , some young talent but poor defensively

Villa - look a very tidy outfit , spent well to replace Grealish and Watkins will score goals

Very early days but if I had to pick three now I would go

Leicester , Villa and Arsenal in 7th

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The European Spots 5th to 7th are going to be hotly contested

Everton - have started the season well but seem to be missing any X factor when DCL is out

Leicester - missing Fofana seems to have hurt them a little bit and they haven’t started well

West Ham - carried on from last season , look bright in midfield but who scores if Antonio is out

Spurs - going to rely on Kane and Son , thought they looked pretty poor today and looked very flat , Kane looked way off the pace

Arsenal - manager very naive , some young talent but poor defensively

Villa - look a very tidy outfit , spent well to replace Grealish and Watkins will score goals

Very early days but if I had to pick three now I would go

Leicester , Villa and Arsenal in 7th

Arsenal in 7th??? Ill have a large one of whatever youre drinking please Phil :) Double it and youll be closer

D

Deleted member 15344

Arsenal in 7th??? Ill have a large one of whatever youre drinking please Phil :) Double it and youll be closer

I think because teams like Spurs , West Ham and Leicester have European football that’s going to have an affect . Arsenal have got goals in them with players like Saka , Martinelli , Aubameyang, Lacazette and creative guys like Smith-Rowe and Odegaard to provide the platform. The back line is the issue and the manager is the stopper.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think because teams like Spurs , West Ham and Leicester have European football that’s going to have an affect . Arsenal have got goals in them with players like Saka , Martinelli , Aubameyang, Lacazette and creative guys like Smith-Rowe and Odegaard to provide the platform. The back line is the issue and the manager is the stopper.

clubs rotten from the top down at the moment, far more issues than there are answers sadly

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
No it's not.

Take yer liverpool hatred glasses off, I know it's hard.

Our best 11 is as good as anyone's in the PL.

Nah.

He's right Chelsea and Citeh have a better first 11, if that is even a thing these days. And a much deeper pool of talent in their squads.

D

Deleted member 15344

Nah.

He's right Chelsea and Citeh have a better first 11, if that is even a thing these days. And a much deeper pool of talent in their squads.

There aren’t many players from either team that I would take from either team - certainly none of the back 5 , KDB from the midfield and struggling to think of one that can replace someone in the front 3 as well

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sad to hear of the death of Jimmy Greaves.

He seemed to be the first striker I remember being associated with passing the ball into the net for a lot of his finishing, rather than always putting his laces through it. Brilliant pundit with the saint as well, must watch TV in the eighties before going to the match.

D

Deleted member 15344

seriously you wouldnt want Lukaku?

As a false 9/deep lying forward etc - I think he is a superb striker but as a fit Bobby( Jota at the moment ) works better for Mo and Mane. Lukaku is brilliant in a team suited to the way he plays and Chelsea are set up for him. But he would be the player you would take from the other two if you were looking to have that type or striker

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
No it's not.

Take yer liverpool hatred glasses off, I know it's hard.

Our best 11 is as good as anyone's in the PL.
It’s not. You have one good centre back. Fabinho isn’t the world beater you think he is. Henderson doesn’t get near any other top team’s midfield. Firminho is the joke that Liverpool don’t get. You have two forwards who won’t pass to each other unless they really have to. Your first XI is maybe on a par with ours but not Chelsea or City.

Also stop playing the “he’s Man Utd so can’t be objective” card. It’s lazy and you aren’t Funtime Phil.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
As a false 9/deep lying forward etc - I think he is a superb striker but as a fit Bobby( Jota at the moment ) works better for Mo and Mane. Lukaku is brilliant in a team suited to the way he plays and Chelsea are set up for him. But he would be the player you would take from the other two if you were looking to have that type or striker
You’d take Lukaku in an instant. Stop lying.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

lol yeah Firminhos a better fit, you keep telling yourself that haha

D

Deleted member 1740

It’s not. You have one good centre back. Fabinho isn’t the world beater you think he is. Henderson doesn’t get near any other top team’s midfield. Firminho is the joke that Liverpool don’t get. You have two forwards who won’t pass to each other unless they really have to. Your first XI is maybe on a par with ours but not Chelsea or City.

Also stop playing the “he’s Man Utd so can’t be objective” card. It’s lazy and you aren’t Funtime Phil.

????

You can’t accuse me of being lazy after reading that absolute drivel. I’ll give you Henderson.

Fabinho is absolutely world class.

“Funtime Phil“ ??

Swango1980

Visit site
Firminho is awful, nice teeth though.

Liverpool's midfield is forgettable.

Vin Dijk and Salah walk into any other team. Alexander Arnold and Robertson may get into some of the other top teams, Mane as an option off the bench. I doubt any other Liverpool player gets close to walking into the top teams, certainly not the 1st 11.

Top manager though.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just watched the West Ham v Man Utd highlights on MoTD. I would say that two of the three challenges on Ronaldo should have been penalties, the first and the third, the second one with the pull on the arm I didn't think there was enough in it to be a penalty.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
VAR has had a shocking weekend. On top of the decisions yesterday and in the West Ham v Man Utd game there are at least two decisions in the Brighton v Leicester game that were wrong. The Brighton penalty that was given when the Brighton player was holding onto the defender that handballed it and then the 2nd disallowed goal where the Leicester player wasn't obstructing the goalkeeper's view of the ball.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
It’s amazing how when that first 11 was fit they won the CL and then destroyed the league winning it quicker than any team in history I believe - 97 points one season and then 99 the next ???

1 good CB ? and Firmino a joke ??

Just a pile of absolute drivel
You do realise that you aren’t current champions? You can’t use what happened two years ago to say how good your squad is now. Things change over time. And even then, being champions doesn’t mean you have the best starting XI; football isn’t that simple.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You do realise that you aren’t current champions? You can’t use what happened two years ago to say how good your squad is now. Things change over time. And even then, being champions doesn’t mean you have the best starting XI; football isn’t that simple.

Plus they have lost one of their most consistent players in Wijnaldum who was there for the wins

Very class player