The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
That’s a bit harsh he’s had a decent game , not sure why he was in no mans land for the goal though.

Radio commentators suggested the Czech team had done their homework on him and it was planned to shoot from way out given the opportunity. Apparently the Scotland keeper does a lot of sweeping and is always miles off his line.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just watched the Poland vs Slovakia game.
Any enjoyment I could have got from the game was nullified by the awful female commentator.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Radio commentators suggested the Czech team had done their homework on him and it was planned to shoot from way out given the opportunity. Apparently the Scotland keeper does a lot of sweeping and is always miles off his line.
Are you not talking about curling??:sneaky::whistle:
But, if, as you say, then that is clever thinking and doing the prep work properly!!
Was still an absolutely :poop: show from us-should be packing bags now:mad:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Random irritation - Some of the commentary so far in this tournament has been appalling. Spain player takes a shot which comes back off the Swedish keeper. Swedish defender clears it and the commentator says "Laporte was closest to getting the rebound". No he wasn't. The Swedish defender that cleared it was closest to getting the rebound as he actually got it.

D

Deleted member 15344

Random irritation - Some of the commentary so far in this tournament has been appalling. Spain player takes a shot which comes back off the Swedish keeper. Swedish defender clears it and the commentator says "Laporte was closest to getting the rebound". No he wasn't. The Swedish defender that cleared it was closest to getting the rebound as he actually got it.

If only we could have Ally McCoist at every game- found him very refreshing

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watching the Hungary v Portugal game, the stadium looks nearly full, packed in like sardines :whistle::confused:
It is full. The Hungarians bought vaccines from Russia, bypassed the EU, and their PM wants life to go back to normal. It's their choice as to how open the stadiums are, numbers in etc.

On another matter, was the Portuguese kit designed by kids on their equivalent of Blue Peter? It's awful.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Jota has been playing with Salah for too long. That chance in the first five minutes, if he squares it to Ronaldo it's a tap-in for one nil. Blasted it at the goalie and never even looked at Ronaldo.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
@williamalex1 I did a quick Google, Hungary have opted out of the EU vaccine scheme and have gone solo. They have bought vaccines from Russia and China along with the ones we are using. They are well advanced in terms of jabs across the population. They are also using their own vaccine passport scheme for entry into bars, restaurants etc. The people at the game will have had 1 jab minimum and most likely 2 based on what I've read. If we put to one side any worries, or not, isn't it great to see a stadium full of fans again.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
@williamalex1 I did a quick Google, Hungary have opted out of the EU vaccine scheme and have gone solo. They have bought vaccines from Russia and China along with the ones we are using. They are well advanced in terms of jabs across the population. They are also using their own vaccine passport scheme for entry into bars, restaurants etc. The people at the game will have had 1 jab minimum and most likely 2 based on what I've read. If we put to one side any worries, or not, isn't it great to see a stadium full of fans again.

Just the sort of thing we could be doing if it wasn’t for “forum unmentionables”

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
We are having test events with reduced numbers and monitoring. The Hungarians have just gone for it.

Who is right starts to touch areas we can't go to, I've tried to keep factual ?

Exactly. Time will tell if the Magyars have done the right thing… I hope they have done as it will please my anti EU and anti further lockdown views. ?