The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It is a little embarrassing to see Son going down, and then staying down and rolling around, as though he’d just been punched by Mike Tyson in his prime. A stunningly poor decision to direct the referee to review it, and unbelievable that a free kick was awarded.

Son is lucky he wasn’t booked for simulation. Shameful play acting.
Have you never been poked in the eye? It does hurt. I don't blame him for going down at all, but everything that happened after that was down to the officials.

D

Deleted member 15344

I hope you watched the half time analysis, then you'd know why it was a ridiculous decision ...................... or are the ex-players all wrong too?

You must be thankful it was just a foul and not a second booking - could have been sat in the stands

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Have you never been poked in the eye? It does hurt. I don't blame him for going down at all, but everything that happened after that was down to the officials.

In the event I have been, I haven’t rolled around, kicking my legs like a newborn, and then remained on the ground, being treated by medics for five minutes (or until a free kick had been awarded in my favour, whichever comes sooner).

Embarrassing behaviour. And never a foul as long as I’ve a hole in my backside.

D

Deleted member 15344

In the event I have been, I haven’t rolled around, kicking my legs like a newborn, and then remained on the ground, being treated by medics for five minutes (or until a free kick had been awarded in my favour, whichever comes sooner).

Embarrassing behaviour. And never a foul as long as I’ve a hole in my backside.

Standard reaction of all footballers these days - only the slightest touch and they are mortally wounded for about 30 secs to a min - Rashford was the same about 5 mins before - was kicked on his leg but rolling around holding his face. They are all at it

Billysboots

Visit site
Standard reaction of all footballers these days - only the slightest touch and they are mortally wounded for about 30 secs to a min - Rashford was the same about 5 mins before - was kicked on his leg but rolling around holding his face. They are all at it

I can promise you, as a United regular, it infuriates me when Rashford goes down so easily. And the grief Ronaldo used to get from the Stretford End faithful in his early United career was amusing - you don’t expect home supporters to give their own players stick for going to ground easily but we pay to watch football. Not a bunch of play actors.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can promise you, as a United regular, it infuriates me when Rashford goes down so easily. And the grief Ronaldo used to get from the Stretford End faithful in his early United career was amusing - you don’t expect home supporters to give their own players stick for going to ground easily but we pay to watch football. Not a bunch of play actors.

Agreed.
As I said earlier, if there wasn't all this constant cheating, VAR would not be such an issue.
Then we'd be discussing football, not officiating.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Did you not watch the video? He very clearly caught him in the face. The only question was whether it was a foul. Most people would have said no but the ref decided yes.

Yes I did see it.
He was merely brushed on the chin/cheek, not 'Poked in the eye' as someone suggested.

D

Deleted member 15344

All over social media people point out opposition players etc but every single team have them and indeed it’s harder to find a player who won’t go down when given the slightest touch - a lot of it also comes down to referees not giving players free kicks when they are impeded but don’t get a free kick. It won’t change though unfortunately

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes I did see it.
He was merely brushed on the chin/cheek, not 'Poked in the eye' as someone suggested.
Obviously watched it with your red glasses on - take them off and watch it again. The hand went towards his face not across it so it would have struck him not brushed him. Definitely would have hurt and you'd definitely go down.

Billysboots

Visit site
All over social media people point out opposition players etc but every single team have them and indeed it’s harder to find a player who won’t go down when given the slightest touch - a lot of it also comes down to referees not giving players free kicks when they are impeded but don’t get a free kick. It won’t change though unfortunately

Every club does indeed have them. And I’ll give a big shout out for Bruno Fernandes before anyone else does!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Obviously watched it with your red glasses on - take them off and watch it again. The hand went towards his face not across it so it would have struck him not brushed him. Definitely would have hurt and you'd definitely go down.

You've got me confused with someone else.
'Poked in the eye'. :rolleyes:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
GOOOOAAAALLLL..jpg

Will justice actually be served?

What is it with Spurs trying to preserve a lead?
Who will JM blame for this, if the score remains as is, because it won't be himself?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cavani is just too good for our rubbish defenders. I don't think they ever once knew where he was all game.

What's the point of bringing on Bale for the last 9 minutes? What the hell happened to that great form that he hit? And then we stopped playing him altogether. Infuriating.