The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sky sports reporting Harry Kane expected to tell Spurs he wants to leave if they don’t qualify for the champs league. I get that but don’t that rock the cart before the end of the season.

It’ll be a great shame to see him leave, he’s been a fantastic pro for us. However I can fully understand his decision and wish him well.
It’s also gonna cost a lot of money as he’s still under contract for another 2 years.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Huge fan of Liverpool and Klopp but somethingh isn't right. At 1-1 and 90 minutes they were passing back to the keeper, today was a very lucky result. Too many key players going through the motions, which is the opposite of Klopp and his sides. The side has a feel of the end at Dortmund about it. The play is so slow and predictable. I really hope they sign a striker with something of a presence in the air as a Plan B. They've got 3 of the best crossers of a ball in Europe in TAA, Robertson and Salah and midgets in the middle.

I think City's result is good long term as it again shows Torres and Jesus are so far out of their depth and can't be relied on. Squad players and nothing else. Jesus has good stats but most of his goals are in big wins or in cups against second rate sides. City desperately need a true world class striker. The lack of it will cost them in the CL this season IMO.
Dismantling a good midfield to cover the CBs was the biggest mistake for me.
If he had just played the young lads and kept 2/3 rds of the side together we might be better off , but we might not who knows.
We need a presence in the box but we havnt got anyone.
Firminos to deep and is playing catch up all the time and for a CF his finishing is crap.

He might have told the players he’s leaving at the end of the season , who knows.?
It would explain a lot of things.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If he had just played the young lads and kept 2/3 rds of the side together we might be better off , but we might not who knows.
Firminos to deep and is playing catch up all the time and for a CF his finishing is crap.

He might have told the players he’s leaving at the end of the season , who knows.?

The day klopp leaves will be a sad day for the league

When pep buggers off I won't bat an eyelid . Someone will replace him and city will still win

Liverpool lose klopp? Don't see them pushing city again. He's like a fergie type. Worth 20 points

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’ll be a great shame to see him leave, he’s been a fantastic pro for us. However I can fully understand his decision and wish him well.
It’s also gonna cost a lot of money as he’s still under contract for another 2 years.
Like other pros he will go where his wife wants to live.
London club means not having to move home.
I think he will stay where he is.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The day klopp leaves will be a sad day for the league

When pep buggers off I won't bat an eyelid . Someone will replace him and city will still win

Liverpool lose klopp? Don't see them pushing city again. He's like a fergie type. Worth 20 points
There is something wrong somewhere.
Money , maybe
Attracting players should not be a problem
Imho to many games have stopped us playing how he wants to the players look knackered.
To many injuries to key players hasn’t helped.
We’re not playing well but next game we just play the same system we have no plan B.

D

Deleted member 15344

I don’t see him leaving because I don’t think a club will pay the fee Spurs will demand for him

if clubs are going to spend over £100mil then they will look at players like Mbappe and Haaland

Kane will be 28 in the summer - has had a lot of ankle issues plus a few other injuries ( 13 in over the last 8 years ) - I don’t see what club will pay over the odds for him. £60 mil ish then yep

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I don’t see him leaving because I don’t think a club will pay the fee Spurs will demand for him

if clubs are going to spend over £100mil then they will look at players like Mbappe and Haaland

Kane will be 28 in the summer - has had a lot of ankle issues plus a few other injuries ( 13 in over the last 8 years ) - I don’t see what club will pay over the odds for him. £60 mil ish then yep
His goal tally isn’t too bad considering?‍♂️
Seem to remember you being adamant that Liverpool wouldn’t be signing Thiago due to age & injury record ??

4LEX

Visit site

The thing is you were playing well without VVD to start and still dominating games and looking good. The Jota injury and Firmino being on the slide really cost you over those three months. But now it looks like every single player is out of form. Even Salah who has got goals doesn't look convincing. The keeper, defence, midfield and attack is all badly out of form. It juist looks a million miles from Liverpool of the last few years.

Definitely an unusual season and maybe he's accepted it's a bad one and will bring in a few players in the summer and go again. I can't see him going. Buy 2 quality players and with the injured players back you'll be in good shape.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Players have been doing that for decades - irrelevant to the way VAR is being employed
Absolutely 100%, but if they behaved with a bit of honesty the refs would have a far easier job and VAR would be far less relevant.
VAR, in itself, is not the issue, it's the muppets who are using it that is the issue.

D

Deleted member 15344

Absolutely 100%, but if they behaved with a bit of honesty the refs would have a far easier job and VAR would be far less relevant.
VAR, in itself, is not the issue, it's the muppets who are using it that is the issue.

What does the players behaving and honesty have to do with the horrific use of VaR for offsides ? Offside because of your armpit ?!? The sleeve on your shirt and ensure if it’s in the same frame

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

If a silly fee is being asked by Spurs, it means they risk Kane running down his contract.
They certainly won't want that to happen.
I think that if Kane decides he wants to leave, he'll leave.

4LEX

Visit site
I think Spurs will see Kane for 2 years worth the risk of leaving on a free, they can't replace him. And he's a proper professional who will give it everything.

Kane has put himself in this position and will struggle to get a move. Age, injury issues, Spurs not needing to sell, Levy being a tough guy to deal with and Covid hitting the market.

I reckon due to his nature, leadership qualities and ability to drop deep Pep and City will be the only serious buyers. Money is nothing to them. Utd are potential but they'd need to offload some deadweights in Martial and Pogba. Then again, they couldn't even land Haaland, Sancho or Bellingham with no competition and a bigger budget so who knows. But let's not forget Spurs could win a trophy and finish in the Top 4 this season.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Perfectly good tackle ?. But compare it to th Baldock tackle on Roberts last week which didn't even get a booking or looked at by VAR and you can see why Leeds fans are annoyed.

But just the general inconsistency. The Alioski booking which was a clear dive. Stirling stamping on two Leeds players.
Fernandinho should have got a straight red for his challenge at the end.
I just don’t understand refs.
Cooper followed through but got the ball.
Fernandinho followed through nowhere near the ball , that’s a red every day of the week , it’s an assault.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think Spurs will see Kane for 2 years worth the risk of leaving on a free, they can't replace him. And he's a proper professional who will give it everything.

Kane has put himself in this position and will struggle to get a move. Age, injury issues, Spurs not needing to sell, Levy being a tough guy to deal with and Covid hitting the market.

I reckon due to his nature, leadership qualities and ability to drop deep Pep and City will be the only serious buyers. Money is nothing to them. Utd are potential but they'd need to offload some deadweights in Martial and Pogba. Then again, they couldn't even land Haaland, Sancho or Bellingham with no competition and a bigger budget so who knows. But let's not forget Spurs could win a trophy and finish in the Top 4 this season.

Let’s not forget this is Spurs, we won’t beat City and I dont think we will finish in the top 4.

Then hopefully we will get a new manager