The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Very good win today. A slightly sluggish first half but thought we dominated from the 30th minute onwards. The boys done good.

Nice to see the front 4 all on the scoresheet too.

Also it looks like we have a real player on our hands with TodibošŸ‘

Oh and Phillips is still šŸ’©

He was awful wasn't he? I cant believe what's become of him. Awful

Todibo fully agree. Haven't seen a defender so comfortable on the ball for us since Rio. Constantly looking forward to start a move aswell.

Ironically we have upgraded our defence so much that Emerson has gone from our best defender to our weakest defender within 6 months

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
He was awful wasn't he? I cant believe what's become of him. Awful

Todibo fully agree. Haven't seen a defender so comfortable on the ball for us since Rio. Constantly looking forward to start a move aswell.

Ironically we have upgraded our defence so much that Emerson has gone from our best defender to our weakest defender within 6 months
Had nightmares that Phillips and Ben Johnson were gonna have the last laugh!

No fear, Ipswichā€™s defence is dreadful.šŸ˜

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How is it a ā€œfactā€ ?

What are these advantages that the referees give them

Well off the field you get favourable coverage in the media. Everyone else is an afterthought.

In terms of referees, they are under a great deal of pressure not to give decisions against Big Six teams, especially when they are at home and are against a ā€œsmallā€ club. During all the times you watch Liverpool when youā€™re there in person at Anfield, do you genuinely think referees arenā€™t influenced/intimidated?

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Well off the field you get favourable coverage in the media. Everyone else is an afterthought.

In terms of referees, they are under a great deal of pressure not to give decisions against Big Six teams, especially when they are at home and are against a ā€œsmallā€ club. During all the times you watch Liverpool when youā€™re there in person at Anfield, do you genuinely think referees arenā€™t influenced/intimidated?

EA10C6FE-F339-41DA-BF92-893C7875E19E.gif

Sorry Phil

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

So last season when

The ref didnā€™t give us the clear penalty against Arsenal , the one against City

Then sent off McAllister

The shocking var offside against Spurs

That was down to what influence ?

And who is putting the refs under pressure to give the top 6 decisions ?

As for ā€œfavourable coverageā€ - throughout the history of all sports the media will concentrate on the biggest and most successful teams/individuals

So there isnā€™t really any ā€œfactsā€ as such

Itā€™s more about an opinion

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So last season when

The ref didnā€™t give us the clear penalty against Arsenal , the one against City

Then sent off McAllister

The shocking var offside against Spurs

That was down to what influence ?

Now try it again, using non Big Six opposition teams as examples.

It wonā€™t be as easy for you.

And I repeat my question about when youā€™re there at Anfield. Donā€™t you feel/see it happening? Genuinely?

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Now try it again, using non Big Six opposition teams as examples.

It wonā€™t be as easy for you.

And I repeat my question about when youā€™re there at Anfield. Donā€™t you feel/see it happening? Genuinely?

McAllister was sent off against Bournemouth

Gakpo goal wrongly disallowed was against Burnley

The clear penalty was at home and denied

You arenā€™t really factual more about bias opinions or some sort of paranoid conspiracy

Refs donā€™t give certain clubs advantage - unless you think they are cheating then

The penalty wasnā€™t given because the refs were shocking not because it was against Liverpool

Last edited: