The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Dosnt look like any one can give City a run for their money this year.
So I would say the worst .
But hardly surprising the amount of games they have played .

WBA a bit unlucky there,
Another toenail offside, they really need to sort that out and use the torso.
At the moment it's like playing in the Championship. It's relentless, too many games with insufficient rest inbetween. Also not helped by no crowds to lift the players. No wonder some games and teams are flat.

I thought the CF, Diagne, was an absolute handful. He could do a job at a quite a few lower and mid table teams. Brighton, Crystal Palace would benefit for starters.

D

Deleted member 16999

if they insist on drawing the stupid lines at least make it boots only so that its clear, how hard is it
Using boots has some people saying a “toenail” shouldn’t count.;)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This has to be one of the worst title defences

Just goes to show how injuries can wreck things .. city had so many centre backs out last year and struggled .. now they got more than enough

Liverpool's turn now but jezz they look rubbish

D

Deleted member 15344

Why is that not handball ? Arm up raised in an unnatural position making himself bigger ?‍♂️

D

Deleted member 1418

This has to be one of the worst title defences

Just goes to show how injuries can wreck things .. city had so many centre backs out last year and struggled .. now they got more than enough

Liverpool's turn now but jezz they look rubbish

It's better than Chelsea's the year Leicester won it! Our defence that year was appalling. Still, ruined it for Spurs so did have its plus points!!! ???

D

Deleted member 15344

Tough isn't it? Stop your whinging! ? ?

Just seems the rules change through the season , the offsides and the handballs

Before Xmas the goal would have stood and it would have been a penalty ?‍♂️

Cant understand why they put the line on his hand and why it’s not a penalty

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site

It's never offside for me. He's level. Brilliantly timed movement and the sort of striker play that we've completely lost from the game with VAR.

Its not a pen. He's too close really. I'd absolutely have taken it. But if Chelsea had been given it id have been fuming.

We're just not good enough. All the talk of the defence, it's the attackers who aren't doing the business. Once again showed absolutely nothing going forwards. It's dross. No tempo, no creativity.

D

Deleted member 1418

VAR is a joke Phil. Before VAR Werner would have been given the benefit of the doubt and the goal would've stood.

And the Kante 'handball' would never have been given seeing how close he was to the ball and it would've been interpreted as ball to hand, irrespective of body position.

Unfortunately the system is making a mockery of the game as it's played. Something needs to change drastically for next season.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Poor old LLLLL iverpool, be missing out on Europe with us next season lol
I called it some time ago re Liverpool and Europe. But I am looking at the top four and I honestly cannot call who will qualify apart from City. Chelsea looked energetic and revived under Tuchel. They have momentum. Utd and Leicester seem to have lost there way. What suprised me is that Utd, Leicester and Liverpool have looked a bit lethargic of late but Chelsea looked anything but lethargic.
I think qualification for the champs league could go to last game of the season.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Chelsea’s keeper never had a save to make .
We huffed and puffed but the only team that looked like scoring was them.

If that’s not a pen I don’t know what is “ jazz hands “ is not a natural position.
If his hands are not in the air then the ball goes past him into the box!
But Chelsea deserved the win , good defending and took the chance they had.
Which Mane didn’t, what a sitter!

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just had a look at Utds next five home games, City, West Ham, Leicester, Brighton, Spurs, Chuck in 2 games v AC Milan in the middle of that lot and Utd have a brutal month ahead.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
VAR is a joke Phil. Before VAR Werner would have been given the benefit of the doubt and the goal would've stood.

And the Kante 'handball' would never have been given seeing how close he was to the ball and it would've been interpreted as ball to hand, irrespective of body position.

Unfortunately the system is making a mockery of the game as it's played. Something needs to change drastically for next season.

I agree something has to change Fulhams disallowed goal was a joke but going by the rules it was handball.

I almost felt sorry for them as they deserved a draw.

Last edited: