The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Everton are a good watch. Brilliant going forward. Maybe coincidence, losing after being 2 up again must be demoralising. If they can sort the defence out, I don’t rate Coleman and haven’t for 3 seasons, mid table should be an easy stretch.
Coleman's legs went a while ago. Youngs went at the same time, his head went well before that 🙄. We bought Patterson to be the right back of the future but he is permanently injured. RB should have been a summer priority, it was an error not to fix that issue.

Yesterday's loss was better than Bournemouth. We didn't collapse, we still kept creating, as we did for 86 minutes last week to be fair. We need a win to stabilise things, recover some confidence. Getting Branthwaite back, due soon, will be big for us.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
No, just played crap. Fair play to Forest though
Wasnt Liverpool’s best performance but a lot of that was down to how well Forest played.

Aina and Moreno completely pocketed Luiz and Salah on the wings, where a lot of your attacks come from. Genuinely two of the best fullback performances I’ve seen by players in a Forest shirt in years.

Starting XI and formation was the perfect game plan…with CHO and Elanga coming on late on to inject some pace.

Worth mentioning as well, CHO is a one trick pony and everyone knows what he’s going to do, but he still can’t be stopped. Takes some talent.

By far the best performance and result since being promoted. Our recruitment this off season has been exceptional, and yesterday was an example of that.

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was just getting text commentary updates via an app for the Forest game yesterday and my impression from them was that we were just parking the bus, hoping for the best and got lucky with a smash and grab.

Far from it. That was an absolute tactical masterclass by Nuno. Thoroughly deserved three points by a team who executed the plan perfectly.

Ryan Yates s***-housed perfectly and rattled the entire LFC fanbase in the process, if you look at Twitter. Neither Van Dyke nor Konate were among the top two centre backs on the pitch. Our two full backs were amazing, with Alex Moreno keeping Mo Salah in his pocket for the entire game. The starting midfield setup was spot on, with the substitution of Elanga and CHO made at the ideal time to finish the job. Slot and LFC simply had no answer.

I am the eternal pessimist when it comes to the sports teams I support so I am certainly not getting carried away. But anyone (like that phlegm-throated clown Spitty Carra) who thinks Forest are going to be a pushover and go down without a whimper this season might just be sadly mistaken. Nuno has had a preseason with the squad, we have had an excellent transfer window adding some proper quality in depth and we don’t have the craziness of legal proceedings and unfair points deductions hanging over the club.

Underestimate us at your peril. 🌳🔴

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I was just getting text commentary updates via an app for the Forest game yesterday and my impression from them was that we were just parking the bus, hoping for the best and got lucky with a smash and grab.

Far from it. That was an absolute tactical masterclass by Nuno. Thoroughly deserved three points by a team who executed the plan perfectly.

Ryan Yates s***-housed perfectly and rattled the entire LFC fanbase in the process, if you look at Twitter. Neither Van Dyke nor Konate were among the top two centre backs on the pitch. Our two full backs were amazing, with Alex Moreno keeping Mo Salah in his pocket for the entire game. The starting midfield setup was spot on, with the substitution of Elanga and CHO made at the ideal time to finish the job. Slot and LFC simply had no answer.

I am the eternal pessimist when it comes to the sports teams I support so I am certainly not getting carried away. But anyone (like that phlegm-throated clown Spitty Carra) who thinks Forest are going to be a pushover and go down without a whimper this season might just be sadly mistaken. Nuno has had a preseason with the squad, we have had an excellent transfer window adding some proper quality in depth and we don’t have the craziness of legal proceedings and unfair points deductions hanging over the club.

There’s a reason Forest have had such a steady start to the season. They are well organised, move the ball quickly and have some seriously underrated players. Some of their movement yesterday was excellent.

I certainly enjoy watching them these days and, in Nuno, they have a thoroughly decent man running the show. Always enjoy hearing what he has to say.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site

That’s reminded me…slot was moaning about how stop start it was, when, ironically, it was largely down to Mac Allister who went down like he’d been sniped every time Yates breathed near him. An absolute fanny of the highest order.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

Forest played well , nice and solid and certainly disrupted the play very well

Got some very good forwards , always been a fan of Hudson Odoi

But Yates was allowed to get away with clattering players - now I have no issues if that’s going to be the standard and players will be allowed to be that physical but in the current standards Yates should have been in the book early

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
There’s a reason Forest have had such a steady start to the season. They are well organised, move the ball quickly and have some seriously underrated players. Some of their movement yesterday was excellent.

I certainly enjoy watching them these days and, in Nuno, they have a thoroughly decent man running the show. Always enjoy hearing what he has to say.
I love Cooper for what he did to get us back to the Premier League. I’ll never forget that season, or the day at Wembley.

But it’s clear that Nuno, now he’s had a pre-season and some useful recruitment, is light years ahead and although I was a bit down on his appointment, I’m happy he’s proved me wrong.

He doesn’t always get it right in terms of timings with subs, but he’s really transformed the team and we’re playing some wonderful football.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Forest played well , nice and solid and certainly disrupted the play very well

Got some very good forwards , always been a fan of Hudson Odoi

But Yates was allowed to get away with clattering players - now I have no issues if that’s going to be the standard and players will be allowed to be that physical but in the current standards Yates should have been in the book early
He was booked in the first half if I recall? let’s not pretend he’s the first midfielder to play physically. There were a few where he was a bit over exuberant but Mac Allister was largely embarrassing with his play acting.

There were also a number of incidents where Forest players were body checked off the ball which weren’t even blown up for a foul, so you win some, you lose some 🤷🏻‍♂️

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
He was booked in the first half if I recall? let’s not pretend he’s the first midfielder to play physically. There were a few where he was a bit over exuberant but Mac Allister was largely embarrassing with his play acting.

There were also a number of incidents where Forest players were body checked off the ball which weren’t even blown up for a foul, so you win some, you lose some 🤷🏻‍♂️

I got no problems with midfielders being a bit physical providing the refs be consistent with it across the season - there is no harm having someone to be a disruptive player in the middle but the next ref will prob blow up on the first over physical tackle

Forest had a game plan and it worked and can only applaud that

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Yates is far from the best technical football player but he is an absolute master of his craft. Executes his housery perfectly and then smiles sweetly at his victims afterwards. I can see why he upsets opposition fanbases so much and I absolutely adore him for it! ♥️

As Aztecs27 has pointed out, Macallister was an absolute embarrassment, going down like a sack of the brown stuff whenever anyone was near him.

Talking of getting away with clattering players, Forest should have had a penalty late on when a Liverpool player blatantly shoved Elanga in the back when he went up for a header. So even if what you say about Yates is true, Liverpool got more than the rub of the green on that one.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
I got no problems with midfielders being a bit physical providing the refs be consistent with it across the season - there is no harm having someone to be a disruptive player in the middle but the next ref will prob blow up on the first over physical tackle

Forest had a game plan and it worked and can only applaud that
Yea they really have to be consistent and remember it’s a contact sport, but sadly they don’t, these days for the most part.

For what it’s worth, I’d probably hate Yates if he didn’t play for Forest 😂. Bit like Robbie savage back in the day, except Yates isn’t a weapons grade thunder bell, and is actually one of the nicest blokes in football.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yea they really have to be consistent and remember it’s a contact sport, but sadly they don’t, these days for the most part.

For what it’s worth, I’d probably hate Yates if he didn’t play for Forest 😂. Bit like Robbie savage back in the day, except Yates isn’t a weapons grade thunder bell, and is actually one of the nicest blokes in football.
To win at Anfield you have to play well and NF did.

You need players like Yates to harish the midfield and he did it very well.

But at the end of the day you have to take your chances.
Forest did we didn’t.
So well done to them.

I have to say though what sort of attempted block was that by Konate 😂😂