The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Not sure what the Prem clubs are doing but Middlesbrough have announced that anyone with a season ticket for this season will automatically be given one for next season irrespective of whether or not fans are allowed back in this season.

D

Deleted member 15344

Which I believe he was.
He clearly backed out of the way of the ball.

He wasn’t interfering with the line of sight of GK who over the other side of the goal - “moving out of the way “ doesn’t put him offside unless he makes a play at the ball.

D

Deleted member 16999

How thick are these commentators! Welbeck takes the penalty, he hits the post and then plays the rebound, Ref correctly awards an indirect free kick against him and the commentator comes out with “that’s because Welbeck is in an offside position” :rolleyes:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
He wasn’t interfering with the line of sight of GK who over the other side of the goal - “moving out of the way “ doesn’t put him offside unless he makes a play at the ball.

That's as maybe, but he still had to get out of the way of the ball.
I'd say that was interfering ......................... but 'interfering with play' is a subjective call.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Damn, I think Lee Mason might be given next week off. What has he done there?? Did he blow the whistle for them to take it but then realise the keeper wasn't ready and change his mind? Farce.

How thick are these commentators! Welbeck takes the penalty, he hits the post and then plays the rebound, Ref correctly awards an indirect free kick against him and the commentator comes out with “that’s because Welbeck is in an offside position” :rolleyes:
That's hilarious as well. Wouldn't surprise me if it was Peter Walton saying that as well. :LOL:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I agree Arsenal needed to rotate and rest some players, but this just shows the gulf in class between a few of the first choice, and the other options. Some (most) of these players need to be moved on this summer.