The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

It'll be under water by the time it's built! :whistle:;)

They will also save space when building the trophy room ?

With the lack of success of Arsenal , Spurs , West Ham since they moved to shiney new stadiums it will be interesting to see how this moves forward.

4LEX

Visit site
You must have missed the last page of the plan. The ground will rise / float with water like houses do in Holland ?.

The one issue I haven't seen resolved is traffic links. The current set up along that road is not fit for purpose so hopefully they have a cunning plan to move 52k people in and out on match day whilst also dealing with the existing traffic that goes along there.

Could be the worlds highest building ;)

Looks really good to be fair. A shame to see the back of Goodison though. Remember going with mates to an FA Cup game in 2005 against Man Utd in the away end. All dayer, 5.30 Saturday kick off, incredible atmosphere, a riot and a great night back in Manchester (y)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Could be the worlds highest building ;)

Looks really good to be fair. A shame to see the back of Goodison though. Remember going with mates to an FA Cup game in 2005 against Man Utd in the away end. All dayer, 5.30 Saturday kick off, incredible atmosphere, a riot and a great night back in Manchester (y)
From all that I've read they have been keen to build a football stadium, not a morgue like the Olympic stadium. The design, acoustics etc are aimed at keeping a proper atmosphere. Whether that happens or not is to be seen but at least they have thought about it and hopefully factored it in.

D

Deleted member 16999

That doesn't say a great deal and what it does say is a bit wishy washy. It will be interesting to see it develop but this aspect is crucial. The potential for gridlock is pretty high.
I don’t believe it is, lot more will use the trains or walk, plus the buses from Bootle/Town etc it’ll be easier, you’ve got the dock road towards Bootle and straight out on to M57/M58, that route is already used by the Docks traffic so won’t need improving, Coach park for the travelling fans and road out towards East Lancs from centre of town plus the 2 tunnels, you’ve got to think it’s going in to an area that has next to no houseing etc and is currently very quiet on a weekend.

It’ll be far easier than getting in and out of Goodison.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
From all that I've read they have been keen to build a football stadium, not a morgue like the Olympic stadium. The design, acoustics etc are aimed at keeping a proper atmosphere. Whether that happens or not is to be seen but at least they have thought about it and hopefully factored it in.

I think they'll have a job. Every modern stadium I've been to has been reallypoor compared to the ground it replaced. The fans are just too far away from the pitch nowadays to create that intimidating factor you would get at older grounds. Take The Dell for instance, awful horrible little ground, butit was worth probably 15 points a season for us (and I loved it all the same). Ninian Park was probably the most intimidating ground I've been to as an away fan, but Cardiff city stadium you'd take your granny to. Haven't been to the Olympic staidium yet but I'm guessing its not a patch on the Boleyn

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don’t believe it is, lot more will use the trains or walk, plus the buses from Bootle/Town etc it’ll be easier, you’ve got the dock road towards Bootle and straight out on to M57/M58, that route is already used by the Docks traffic so won’t need improving, Coach park for the travelling fans and road out towards East Lancs from centre of town plus the 2 tunnels, you’ve got to think it’s going in to an area that has next to no houseing etc and is currently very quiet on a weekend.

It’ll be far easier than getting in and out of Goodison.

I always thought going the bowl was going to improve travel no end

Going from one rammed station on the district line to Stratford with 2 underground lines, DLR, at least 2 national rail lines plus a few stations locally

It's a nightmare getting out!

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
I think they'll have a job. Every modern stadium I've been to has been reallypoor compared to the ground it replaced. The fans are just too far away from the pitch nowadays to create that intimidating factor you would get at older grounds. Take The Dell for instance, awful horrible little ground, butit was worth probably 15 points a season for us (and I loved it all the same). Ninian Park was probably the most intimidating ground I've been to as an away fan, but Cardiff city stadium you'd take your granny to. Haven't been to the Olympic staidium yet but I'm guessing its not a patch on the Boleyn

I hate to admit it, but the new Spurs ground is bloody fantastic. Much better than before.

D

Deleted member 16999

I hope you are right. Last time I came along the dock road it took me about 20 minutes to travel 2-3 miles. It didn't fill me with hope.
But the plan says there will be road closures and traffic management systems put in place for games.(y)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bloody hell thats awful. Will he be allowed to go home?
There is nothing stopping him going back, same as for Klopp. The problem is that he would likely need to isolate when he gets there and the same when he comes back. That could add up to 5-6 weeks in total which during the season is problematic.

Awful news for him and his family.