The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seems like Sterling's Chelsea career is over. Maresca "prefers different types of wingers". Awkward. His career really dropped off a cliff. I wonder if he'll find a new club in this window. I still think he has something to offer, maybe down in mid-table now though.

Morfeen75

Visit site
Seems like Sterling's Chelsea career is over. Maresca "prefers different types of wingers". Awkward. His career really dropped off a cliff. I wonder if he'll find a new club in this window. I still think he has something to offer, maybe down in mid-table now though.
He'd be a perfect fit for spuds supplying quality balls into Solanke imo

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Big question is how large are his wages? He's at Chelsea so pretty hefty I'd reckon. He has 3yrs left on his contract, pretty significant amount of time.

I don't expect any sane club to match his wages so will Chelsea pay him off, lower the fee etc? They have to move a good number of players on but this one may cost them a bit.

His stock has also dropped in recent times, that wont help.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Big question is how large are his wages? He's at Chelsea so pretty hefty I'd reckon. He has 3yrs left on his contract, pretty significant amount of time.

I don't expect any sane club to match his wages so will Chelsea pay him off, lower the fee etc? They have to move a good number of players on but this one may cost them a bit.

His stock has also dropped in recent times, that wont help.
A loan deal then for this season should be possible. Since Zaha coming back to Palace fell through, perhaps they should go for Sterling.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A loan deal then for this season should be possible. Since Zaha coming back to Palace fell through, perhaps they should go for Sterling.
Could be, if Chelsea agree to pay 75% of his wages :ROFLMAO: .

A big question for Sterling is how desperate is he to play or will he stay and pick up the money? Both parties may need to compromise a bit or they will both be stuck with each other.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Could be, if Chelsea agree to pay 75% of his wages :ROFLMAO: .

A big question for Sterling is how desperate is he to play or will he stay and pick up the money? Both parties may need to compromise a bit or they will both be stuck with each other.
I don't get the impression that Chelsea have their finger on the pulse of wage management. I'm sure they'll be happy to loan him out for whatever.

The only option for him to leave permanently would be Saudi then I guess. Would be a shame for him to join a retirement league at only 29 though.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't get the impression that Chelsea have their finger on the pulse of wage management. I'm sure they'll be happy to loan him out for whatever.

The only option for him to leave permanently would be Saudi then I guess. Would be a shame for him to join a retirement league at only 29 though.

True but will he get in a top club challenging for honours, would he get back in the England set up, not likely for either to happen at the moment so on that basis, do you just take the cash.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
£300k pw and 3 years left on his contract 😬

Swango1980

Visit site
Felix back to Chelsea then. Was he not bang average when he was there last time (maybe that is a bit harsh, but I can't remember him setting the world alight)

Only 24, and a player that Atletico bought for £113 million all the way back in 2019. Seems he has had an up and down time since joining Atletico, could he be considered one of the biggest flops in history?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
£300k pw and 3 years left on his contract 😬
Yeah, Chelsea really is the banter club of the league at the moment.

Felix back to Chelsea then. Was he not bang average when he was there last time (maybe that is a bit harsh, but I can't remember him setting the world alight)

Only 24, and a player that Atletico bought for £113 million all the way back in 2019. Seems he has had an up and down time since joining Atletico, could he be considered one of the biggest flops in history?
Agreed - I thought it was common consensus that he did nothing of note when he was on loan there. Seems odd to sign him now, but then they're about 3 managers further along since he was there last so who knows.

Swango1980

Visit site
The BBC gossip column now saying Chelsea are lining up a swoop for Jadon Sancho. I obviously never believe the gossip columns in 99% of cases, and don't believe this news. But, it would be hilarious. It is almost like the only reason they'd be making the signing would be to wind up Sterling :ROFLMAO: