The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was surprised a penalty was given, what else could Cash have done? But, we are told VAR will not intervene anywhere near as much, so I reckon that will lead to just as much controversy down the line.

And then VAR decided to ask the ref to review the Everton penalty, because apparently DCL stood on Dunk. He didn't try to stand on Dunk, he only did so as Dunk flew in to make a tackle / block and was unsuccessful. Is that not enough for VAR to stay quiet?
Dunk never touched him Dunk was trodden on, apart from that no other contact was made , it was shown on motd this morning and last night . Var got involved because of a blatant error by the ref .

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was Antonio who was marking him tbh , and areola just have just stepped out and got that but he was stuck on his line

Oh well. It levels out now bailey missed that
Marking him is a bit of an exaggeration TBF.
It’s why strikers should stay on the halfway line and keep a CB out of the box.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Palace will feel hard done by with that free kick getting disallowed for a foul, nothing in it for me, all the players were all over each other.

Swango1980

Visit site
The only contact was made by the Everton player .
No skin in it for me. Not bothered either way. As long as the referees are now consistent, where a defender is allowed to go to ground, not win ball, and if opponent accidentally lands on them and falls over, no foul by the defender.

However, I remember quite a few penalties being given last year for this type of incident. Anthony Gordon springs to mind. So, if they still continue giving penalties later on in season, then I will continue to believe Everton were hard done by yesterday

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No skin in it for me. Not bothered either way. As long as the referees are now consistent, where a defender is allowed to go to ground, not win ball, and if opponent accidentally lands on them and falls over, no foul by the defender.

However, I remember quite a few penalties being given last year for this type of incident. Anthony Gordon springs to mind. So, if they still continue giving penalties later on in season, then I will continue to believe Everton were hard done by yesterday
Same for delibaretly handling the ball! In Liverpools game.
Should have been off as he had a yellow.
But put my pension on the same ref will book some players for it .
Just not yesterday!
So consistently inconsistent.

PaulMdj

Visit site
He stood on dunk - was a clear error
I don’t think you can say he stood on Dunk! DCL was trying to control the ball and has his back to Dunk, Dunk comes sliding along the floor and DCL’s foot lands on top on Dunk’s, Dunk’s momentum takes DCL’s foot away from him and DCL goes down.

Was it a penalty, initially yes by the Ref and overturned by VAR, no way was it a clear error.

I can see why the Ref gave it and why VAR overturned it. DCL would of taken a shot had he not gone down, so didn’t intentionally dive or stand on Dunk, Dunk sliding in was trying to the block the shot neither happened.

One of those decisions that could of easily gone either way.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Great finish from Haaland but VAR why did it take that long.?
The commentators seem to know before the ref by quite a while.
Commentators were guessing but impossible to know from their angle until they put the lines but takes forever

The level of diving in this game has gone up a notch

Savinho looks a decent player but clearly has no right foot

Got to be some sort of basket case of a club to give Enzo the captaincy after what he was caught doing