The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
As captain Tom said “ tomorrow “ will be a better day”.
That said, congrats to Kyle Walker for being voted the best Right back at the tournament for the second tournament running.
I think that confirms that TAA is the second best. So we can close that argument . 😳

sunshine

Visit site
Greece won the Euros playing like Southgate does, but they had to play that way based on their players. England should be able to compete playing more expansive football without being terrified of the opposition. We need an attacking manager who will let the players express themselves freely.

Not just Greece. Italy in 2021, Portugal in 2016. Same goes for the world cup, France, Italy and even Brazil have won it curbing all attacking instincts. Spain has really been the exception: a team prepared to play intricate passing moves and take risks.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
That said, congrats to Kyle Walker for being voted the best Right back at the tournament for the second tournament running.
I think that confirms that TAA is the second best. So we can close that argument . 😳

Nice.

Swango1980

Visit site
Saying something that England got all the way to the final, yet only one of their players could make the team of the tournament.

No complaints with Walker though. He is clearly still an excellent right-back. And if he became unavailable, then if fit, you'd probably go for Reece James, Kieran Tripper or Ben White (assuming he might want to come back now Southgate is no longer manager). In fact, perhaps Ben White might be first replacement, given Reece James always seems to be injured and Tripper might be on the decline (given his age and performances for Newcastle last season)

PaulMdj

Visit site
Are you trusting the BBC after your quiz question yesterday?😂😂

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I saw that and laughed my arse off. I thought Walker was pretty poor - among our worst players. Seemed to be at fault for at least two goals and we didn't really concede many. I figure the new manager will phase him out now.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I saw that and laughed my arse off. I thought Walker was pretty poor - among our worst players. Seemed to be at fault for at least two goals and we didn't really concede many. I figure the new manager will phase him out now.
But he wasn’t and that’s what the people that voted for him thought. He was covering more than one player. So blame lies with others not doing there jobs. And John Stones was one of them.

Tashyboy

Visit site
For who. People were clamouring for Kane to be replaced before the final and other games but not Walker.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Stones & Guéhi were our best 2 players imo.
Thought a lad at work was taking the P when he said walker made the team of the tournament.
Thought he played well against Holland.
But some of he’s passing was pretty poor throughout.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Back to proper football. City are predicted to play 79 games next season. 😳
That’s the maximum if they reach the final of every competition they enter isn’t it?
Wouldn’t that be the same for every team from the PL who are in the CL?
The only extra game would be the Community Shield?